Simple question?

Thread Rating:

June 4th, 2019 at 6:52:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Do priests get an official comment from your central authority when stuff like this hits the news? Or do you guys just gossip amongst yourselves?

Quote:
The U.S. Catholic Church spent $10.6 million on lobbyists to prevent victims of clerical sex abuse from suing for damages. According to a new report, the money was doled out from 2011 through 2018 in eight northeastern states where bills to reform statute of limitations laws were either in the works or being considered.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sunday-collections-went-to-pay-for-lobbyists/ar-AACopjX?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2019 at 7:01:40 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
We just hope its not true and in this case it is not true. In Maryland for example the Church was supportive of dropping all the statue of limitations for child sexual abuse going forward. The other thing the Church is against is making sure that the law changing statues is equally applied to things like public schools and,not just targeting the Church.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 5th, 2019 at 5:33:29 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
When I old enough to go to confession, but before puberty, I wondered why playing with myself was a sin. Because whenever I did a jigsaw puzzle, or set up my army men, it didn’t feel like a sin. But I confessed to playing with myself anyhow, because I was supposed to. Now I wonder if Father Griffith thought I was one masturbation crazed 11 year old.

True story.
June 5th, 2019 at 10:48:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mosca
When I old enough to go to confession, but before puberty, I wondered why playing with myself was a sin. N

As well you should have. It's
not a 'sin', it's a normal bodily
function. What kind of sick
pervo god has nothing better
to do than watching kids
jerk off.

Imagine a perv priest hearing
confessions by 11 year olds
about this. You just know they
got carpel tunnel from all the
exercise their left hand got
on their side of the conffession
booth.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 5th, 2019 at 2:25:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Yeah it is not a serious sin especially as we are growing up, but it is very important to learn how to direct our lustful feelings into healthy and appropriate ways. Never more important than today in our sex saturated culture. I think people make a much bigger deal about "playing with ourselves" than God does.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 5th, 2019 at 2:55:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
Yeah it is not a serious sin especially as we are growing up,....
Is there some kind of point system?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 5th, 2019 at 2:58:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Yeah it is not a serious sin especially as we are growing up, but it is very important to learn how to direct our lustful feelings into healthy and appropriate ways

Translation: At some point you have
to stop visualizing the 13 year old
girl next door and work up to Playboy
centerfolds.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 5th, 2019 at 3:48:18 PM permalink
Mosca
Quote: Evenbob
As well you should have. It's
not a 'sin', it's a normal bodily
function. What kind of sick
pervo god has nothing better
to do than watching kids
jerk off.

Imagine a perv priest hearing
confessions by 11 year olds
about this. You just know they
got carpel tunnel from all the
exercise their left hand got
on their side of the conffession
booth.

But here's the thing: I was confusing playing BY myself with playing WITH myself. I wasn't masturbating, I didn't even know what that was.
June 5th, 2019 at 3:49:07 PM permalink
Mosca
Yeah it is not a serious sin especially as we are growing up, but it is very important to learn how to direct our lustful feelings into healthy and appropriate ways. Never more important than today in our sex saturated culture. I think people make a much bigger deal about "playing with ourselves" than God does.

But here's the thing: I was confusing playing BY myself with playing WITH myself. I wasn't masturbating, I didn't even know what that was.
June 5th, 2019 at 4:10:46 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Mosca

I hear you, it was a funny story.