Simple question?

Thread Rating:

October 13th, 2019 at 10:37:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Don't you think it's an odd situation where millions of souls not much more than fertilized eggs get an exemption and go straight to Heaven (I assume).

Don't have to participate, or go through trial and tribulation on Earth.

See how ridiculous the fairy
tale organized religions are.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 13th, 2019 at 6:17:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: rxwine
Don't you think it's an odd situation where millions of souls not much more than fertilized eggs get an exemption and go straight to Heaven (I assume).

Don't have to participate, or go through trial and tribulation on Earth.

You rightly assume they would go to Heaven and some might say they are the lucky ones.

It sounds as if Bob thinks this is silly. If you want to see how true and serious this is just minister one time to a grieving family after a miscarriage. It doesn't matter how far along they were in the pregnancy.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 14th, 2019 at 1:17:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Learn something every day. The highest
divorce rate in the US is among Xtions.
2nd is Muslims. Way behind them at
5% is Hindu and Buddhist. But at the
bottom is, drumroll, atheists, at a
2% divorce rate. The reason given is
atheists are usually better educated
overall than people who belong to
organized religions. From a Pew
Research study a couple years ago.

Does this really surprise anybody.
Atheists in general are smarter,
more ethical, and more likely to
take marriage more seriously
than the majority of people in
organized religions.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2019 at 9:09:01 AM permalink
FrGamble
I do hope you will provide a link at some point. I do love how hysterical your reasons and conclusions are.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 14th, 2019 at 10:16:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
I do hope you will provide a link at some point.

So you don't believe it's highest
among Xtions, % wise? Really?
Are you kidding me?,
November 14th, 2019 at 10:29:54 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
So you don't believe it's highest
among Xtions, % wise? Really?
Are you kidding me?,

Of course not. In fact the divorce rates are very small for those Catholics who are actively participating in their faith, but I imagine the same is true in other denominations and even other faiths as well.
November 14th, 2019 at 11:04:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
Of course not. In fact the divorce rates are very small for those Catholics who are actively participating in their faith, but I imagine the same is true in other denominations and even other faiths as well.

It's 19% for Catholics in the US,
twice that for Protestants. That's
because the Vatican makes a huge
deal out of divorce, they always
have. Spencer Tracy never married
Katherine Hepburn because his
Catholic wife refused to give him
a divorce even though they hadn't
lived together in years.
November 17th, 2019 at 1:19:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/pope-proposes-new-sin-thou-shalt-not-destroy-the-harmony-of-the-environment-XBp1z-kj202jU1piaRQxLA/

"Global Warming Fraud Exposed In Pictures"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 24th, 2019 at 12:06:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I read some of the Protestant clergy were upset with Trump using God's name in vain. Then I realized, what the hey, aren't they suppose to be concerned about someone who lies a lot.

Then I realized the 9th commandment is ""You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor." This is not really about lying as a sin, but just telling lies about people. Which I think is an interesting distinction.

So when going to confession, it's okay for someone to lie to you about everything except a few things concerning other people?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 24th, 2019 at 8:52:01 PM permalink
FrGamble
I think the Commandment covers all lying in general. Have you heard that great story about the non-religious guy scouring the Bible and when someone asks him "Why are you reading the Bible?" He says, "I'm looking for loopholes." I like that story.