Simple question?

Thread Rating:

February 28th, 2020 at 1:09:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
...There are important differences though between genders. Surely you understand that men and women provide very different and complementary gifts in the bringing up of children....
Could you expound on this a bit? I hope you aren't thinking women are automatically the more nurturing do to their gender.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 28th, 2020 at 1:53:48 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: petroglyph
Could you expound on this a bit? I hope you aren't thinking women are automatically the more nurturing do to their gender.

In general terms I think women are more nurturing. Men are as well in their own way. It is different but both important in the raising of children.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 28th, 2020 at 2:04:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
In general terms I think women are more nurturing.
I used to think so to, before raising children. Turns out in my experience to not be so. How many women just walk away from their kids, or use them for gain. Or even have them, just for gain? Plenty.

I've witnessed many a time, that men who step up for whatever reason, are better at parenting in many ways. It takes a lot of effort. Depends on who is willing or wants to put forth that effort, doesn't have anything to do with sexual orientation.
February 28th, 2020 at 3:05:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
In general terms I think women are more nurturing.

Just not true. Google it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 29th, 2020 at 9:37:43 AM permalink
FrGamble
I used to think so to, before raising children. Turns out in my experience to not be so. How many women just walk away from their kids, or use them for gain. Or even have them, just for gain? Plenty.

I've witnessed many a time, that men who step up for whatever reason, are better at parenting in many ways. It takes a lot of effort. Depends on who is willing or wants to put forth that effort, doesn't have anything to do with sexual orientation.

I agree that it has absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientation, it has to do with gender. There are real differences between men and women
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 29th, 2020 at 10:50:22 AM permalink
petroglyph
I agree that it has absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientation, it has to do with gender. There are real differences between men and women

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender Using Wiki's definition of gender, it seems like you should support Gay couples adopting children.

"The social construction of gender is a theory in feminism and sociology about the operation of gender and gender differences in societies. According to this view, society and culture create gender roles, and these roles are prescribed as ideal or appropriate behavior for a person of that specific sex."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christinekenneally/orphanage-death-catholic-abuse-nuns-st-josephs
February 29th, 2020 at 7:00:26 PM permalink
FrGamble
gender roles is different than the natural differences biologically and emotionally between men and women. It seems to me that gender roles naturally arise from the real differences between men and women.
February 29th, 2020 at 7:34:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
gender roles is different than the natural differences biologically and emotionally between men and women.
Emotions are not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
It seems to me that gender roles naturally arise from the real differences between men and women.
I used to think so to. Having kids, and raising them, changes a person. I don't think people really finalize who they are until they've lived through rearing children. You've seen it, we all have. Adults go along with what they consider their final narrative, and that all changes once they've lived through the parenting experience.
February 29th, 2020 at 8:09:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Emotions are not mutually exclusive.

Men are more in touch with their
emotions than women, we just don't
need to talk about it. There are no
women equivalents for Michelangelo
or Rembrandt. Where are the women
equivalents of Mozart, Bach, or
Beethoven. There aren't any.

Women just don't have the emotional
inspiration or talent to stick with it
thru the sacrifice it takes to become
historical icons. Sure, there are lots
of female artists, poets, composers
and authors. But almost none at the
very top of their fields.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2020 at 10:50:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Can you write a sermon why God made a whole race of beings and put them in his perfect heaven, and then made a race of people and put them on the plague infected Earth? Seems timely.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?