2016 Dead Pool

Page 4 of 19<1234567>Last »
January 31st, 2016 at 8:56:16 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
After looking at the picture of Sheldon Adelson in the Chargers thread someone should have had him to their dead pool.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 1st, 2016 at 2:07:31 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: zippyboy

I've seen bodies in open-casket funerals that looked more alive than that.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 1st, 2016 at 3:23:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Too much sun time in FL, it killed
all the elasticity in the skin of his
face.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 1st, 2016 at 6:22:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard

I've seen bodies in open-casket funerals that looked more alive than that.

A legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2016 at 6:32:24 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
A legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike.

He was featured on the Barrett-Jackson car auction because he was selling his Smoky and the Bandit Trans-Am (just the advertising show car, not any of the Trans-Ams used in the movie). He first was being interviewed by the hot blonde Cristy Lee (from All Girl's Garage on Velocity):

...and his demeanor appeared like he was a still a sex symbol in the 70s and flirting with her. It was creepy and pathetic. She was asking questions about the car, and his answers were more innuendo. Later, when the car was on the block and he was giving the description, he was wearing a cowboy hat and the auctioneer asked "Do you ever take that hat off?"...Burt's answer was "I only take it off for one thing." which amused the crowd, but again, creepy. His jawline resembled a similar version to Roger Ebert, but not as pronounced of course. He's someone still living in the past. Still thinks he's as desirable as his Deliverance days. Sad, really. Cristy Lee wasn't even born then, and she was visibly flustered when interviewing him trying to keep her distance and be professional.
March 7th, 2016 at 4:41:28 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Nobody had Nancy? I'll double-down on Mrs Bill Clinton then :-)
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
March 7th, 2016 at 12:03:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: chickenman
Nobody had Nancy? I'll double-down on Mrs Bill Clinton then :-)

I had no idea Nancy was still alive.
Or George Kennedy either. Or
James Garner, I thought he was
still around. He died a couple
years ago.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 12th, 2016 at 6:56:41 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
And now Keith Emerson of ELP, dead at 71 of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot to the head. I took 7 years of piano lessons as a kid, so I was into keyboardists more than guitarists, and Keith was one of the good ones, up there with Tony Banks and Rick Wakeman. Better than the Billy Joels and Elton Johns of the world. I bought some of ELP's sheet music in high school, and it was waaaay beyond my abilities. I can't imagine composing it. RIP Keith.
March 12th, 2016 at 7:26:45 AM permalink
Evenbob
And now Keith Emerson of ELP,

I have zero idea who this is. What's an ELP?
If I was offered a million to guess, I would
lose.
March 12th, 2016 at 9:53:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
And now Keith Emerson of ELP, dead at 71 of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot to the head. I took 7 years of piano lessons as a kid, so I was into keyboardists more than guitarists, and Keith was one of the good ones, up there with Tony Banks and Rick Wakeman. Better than the Billy Joels and Elton Johns of the world. I bought some of ELP's sheet music in high school, and it was waaaay beyond my abilities. I can't imagine composing it. RIP Keith.

One of the greats
Brain Salad Surgery was one of my all time favorite albums
They were huge Copeland fans
Nobody covered Fanfare and hoedown as well as ELP
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 4 of 19<1234567>Last »