The god that tells a nun to teach
school is the same god that tells
a guy in Palestine to blow up a
bus, are the same god?

Good thing there is no god at
all, this is turning into a confusing
mess. Thank god FrG isn't here to
make it even murkier.
I think the pope says there are hundreds of gods after all .
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 10th, 2019 at 7:55:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
All this exciting stuff happening while FrG is on vacation.
If he were here I just know he'd want to comment on this
wonderful story about a fellow priest.

Man Abused at Age 9 by His Priest Uncle says Church Harbors a ‘Pedophile Mafia’

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/man-abused-at-age-9-by-his-priest-uncle-says-priesthood-harbors-a-pedophile
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 17th, 2019 at 7:20:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Is FrG keeping up with this on vacation:

Report: Pope Knew of McCarrick’s Sex Abuse Crimes but Considered Them Unimportant

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/10/19/vatican-whistleblower-denounces-conspiracy-of-silence-over-mccarrick-cover-up/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 19th, 2019 at 2:43:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Simple question -- Why does it seem the church polices itself on sex abuse cases? Why don't you hear of any priests behind bars for raping and abusing children?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 19th, 2019 at 3:10:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Wizard
Simple question -- Why does it seem the church polices itself on sex abuse cases? Why don't you hear of any priests behind bars for raping and abusing children?
I think it's because they can deliver a lot of votes, simple as that. I believe that is how religious exemption/protection got included in the BOR. In #1 freedom of speech was already there, why was there a need to add to that freedom of religion.
February 19th, 2019 at 6:31:55 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: petroglyph
I think it's because they can deliver a lot of votes, simple as that. I believe that is how religious exemption/protection got included in the BOR. In #1 freedom of speech was already there, why was there a need to add to that freedom of religion.

I would think the church would welcome the police to get involved to get rid of dirty priests. It seems every week there is some story of the church protecting them.
February 19th, 2019 at 6:40:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
I would think the church would welcome the police to get involved to get rid of dirty priests. It seems every week there is some story of the church protecting them.

Involving police means public scrutiny, and
that's the last thing they want. Way easier
to sweep it under the rug by reprimanding
the priest and moving him to another
parish. That way it's kept in the house and
the public never knows about it.
February 19th, 2019 at 7:36:41 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Involving police means public scrutiny, and
that's the last thing they want. Way easier
to sweep it under the rug by reprimanding
the priest and moving him to another
parish. That way it's kept in the house and
the public never knows about it.

But we already know about it. It may be easier in the short run to sweep a mess under the rug, but it doesn't solve the big problem. Eventually somebody will lift up the rug and see the dust. That is why most people get out the broom and dust pan and clean properly to begin with.
February 19th, 2019 at 7:58:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
But we already know about it. .

If we already know about it, it's not
because the Church wanted it made
public. They've done everything
they can to keep it a secret. These
things are terribly embarrassing
for the Church. and it hurts them
in the recruitment of new priests,
which is at an all time low anyway.
February 19th, 2019 at 8:02:42 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
But we already know about it. It may be easier in the short run to sweep a mess under the rug, but it doesn't solve the big problem. Eventually somebody will lift up the rug and see the dust. That is why most people get out the broom and dust pan and clean properly to begin with.
That may be how a "normal" guy thinks? But these people are pros, they've kept this kind of thing and worse hidden for thousands of years. I defer to them on how to keep stuff hidden. Time is on their side. Some complainers die or move on. For each person that tires of the chase, they save tons of loot.

People know about it, but everyone that has kids thinks, not me not my kids. Then there is a Superbowl and spring comes and life goes on, meanwhile the stalker lurks in the shadows. Shush and people will forget. How many parishioners actually search their priest on the web? And if they did, what would they find if it never made the courts?