Where is FrG?

Page 24 of 27« First<21222324252627>
March 29th, 2019 at 1:22:27 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
I think he's lost it.
I think the rude arrogant jerks all trying to do something that he does not want done have lost it.
shake his hand;dont kiss the ring or get lost.
March 29th, 2019 at 5:05:33 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'm curious about the answer. I suspect that these people were not supposed to kiss it but didn't know it. In other words, a misunderstanding about the etiquette of the situation.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 29th, 2019 at 5:16:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
I'm curious about the answer. I suspect that these people were not supposed to kiss it but didn't know it. In other words, a misunderstanding about the etiquette of the situation.

Nope, they were supposed to kiss it. The
Vatican said the pope was worried about
'spreading germs' so pulled his hand
back. All of a sudden after hundreds of
years of ring kissing? The Vatican lies
about everything, we'll never get the
real reason, that the pope is off his
rocker..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 29th, 2019 at 7:41:38 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
Nope, they were supposed to kiss it. The
Vatican said the pope was worried about
'spreading germs' so pulled his hand
back. All of a sudden after hundreds of
years of ring kissing? The Vatican lies
about everything, we'll never get the
real reason, that the pope is off his
rocker..

Not to say I concur this to be true, but meeting the Pope and kissing his ring was probably a lifetime dream for these people. My Catholic mother in law wants to go all the way to Vatican City to just see the Pope give a mass. It would maker her lifetime to touch the Pope. My point being that getting to just touch the Pope means a lot to some people. That said, just wash your hands after this ceremony. I thought Pope Francis used to ride the Buenos Aires subway and not be afraid to minister to the poorest of the poor. It doesn't seem consistent that he would suddenly be a germaphobe.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 29th, 2019 at 8:12:06 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Maybe he is more of a foot guy?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 29th, 2019 at 10:29:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
. It doesn't seem consistent that he would suddenly be a germaphobe.

He's not. He's an old man with a
screw loose. Watch the look on
the faces of the people, they
were so ecstatic they didn't even
notice him jerking his hand back.
Brainwashed zombies..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 30th, 2019 at 3:48:38 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Not to say I concur this to be true, but meeting the Pope and kissing his ring was probably a lifetime dream for these people. My Catholic mother in law wants to go all the way to Vatican City to just see the Pope give a mass. It would maker her lifetime to touch the Pope. My point being that getting to just touch the Pope means a lot to some people. That said, just wash your hands after this ceremony. I thought Pope Francis used to ride the Buenos Aires subway and not be afraid to minister to the poorest of the poor. It doesn't seem consistent that he would suddenly be a germaphobe.

Maybe he is the one with some communicable disease transmitted by sin to skin contact and he knows most people's lips will not be 'dead on' the ring
March 30th, 2019 at 4:58:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
It doesn't seem consistent that he would suddenly be a germaphobe.
Though shall not change particularly after a conference focusing on change.
Perhaps the wizard would care to impose a duty to sign autographs as well at least on movie stars because they sometimes have done that in the past.
March 30th, 2019 at 8:28:01 AM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0

It's not consistent for the Pope to be germophobic all of sudden.

For a lot of admirers kissing the ring has become a ritual showing reverence for the pope himself rather than the institution he represents. In other words, it has transformed into some medieval monarch of ring-kissing--and found some pushback (or pullback) from the Pope. Over 50 years ago kissing the Pope's feet, something with medieval origins, was scrapped for the same reason. The Pope wants people to look at him like being on the same level as them, not like a king or an emperor.
April 1st, 2019 at 10:32:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Catholic Priests Burn Harry Potter Books

They can't burn witches at the stake
anymore, so they burn books about
witches instead. If they could, they
would burn the actual witches. Sick
stuff..

https://news.yahoo.com/catholic-priests-burn-harry-potter-books-poland-131950572.html
Page 24 of 27« First<21222324252627>