Clue Game 2

Page 1 of 231234>Last »
January 6th, 2016 at 3:36:14 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 153
Spots are filling up for Game 2. I intend to play, too. I just realized we might have 7 already!

Showing interest but not all confirmed are Cesspit, FrG, odious, bbb, miplet, AZ, Rxwine, Wizard = 8, but one person needs to be the non-player.

That's going to mean 2 separate games going! Should we have 2 separate non-players too? Probably, it's a lot to handle.

btw it wouldn't be impossible for it to be one game with 7, we'd have to add a character is all. But we also could get more wanting to play.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 6th, 2016 at 5:56:00 AM permalink
odiousgambit
If we add weapons or suspects, you'd need to be able to shuffle the cards with a different deck than is provided with the game. One way to do that is to use regular playing cards and assign which weapon, suspect, or room is represented by what card.

there are online shufflers. Using one, you'd also assign certain cards to just be skipped as they appear.

https://www.random.org/playing-cards/?cards=52&decks=1&spades=on&hearts=on&diamonds=on&clubs=on&aces=on&twos=on&threes=on&fours=on&fives=on&sixes=on&sevens=on&eights=on&nines=on&tens=on&jacks=on&queens=on&kings=on

PS: it is possible to exclude whole suits etc

https://www.random.org/playing-cards/
January 6th, 2016 at 10:58:09 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
I was bored.
http://miplet.net/clue/new.php?pcount=7&wcount=8

pcount is the number of players up to 7 (Dr. Brown is the 7th)
wcount is the number of weapons 6,7 ,or 8 (Pillow followed by Poison)

I'll be a non player for the next game.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 6th, 2016 at 12:05:01 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: miplet
I was bored.
http://miplet.net/clue/new.php?pcount=7&wcount=8

pcount is the number of players up to 7 (Dr. Brown is the 7th)
wcount is the number of weapons 6,7 ,or 8 (Pillow followed by Poison)

I'll be a non player for the next game.

Cool stuff! You can really kick this stuff out! Very impressive.

Pillow? I got a kick out of that!

Dr. Brown should be last to move I guess. See my blog, I have added him there in that diagram.

I guess we have to decide if we want 2 games or one. More wanting to play will be a factor.
January 7th, 2016 at 6:43:15 AM permalink
odiousgambit
update: not getting any more players lately.

My vote is to go with 7 players, in one game [assuming there are no drop-outs]

I'd also like to see weapons added if that means equal number of cards dealt to each player. If we have 6 players, we will not have to add weapons.

Miplet has been lobbying pretty hard to be non-player. I certainly think he would be a good one to be that person.
January 8th, 2016 at 6:26:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
BBB is not objecting, and I don't think anyone else will, so let's consider it a done deal that it will be Miplet running the show Game 2 and that we will have just one game [unless we hear from more who want to play].

Please start confirming that you will definitely play, either here or by pm.

I have definite confirmation from FrGamble , Cesspit, , Miplet [as non-player] , BBB, [& me]. I assume AZduffman and Rxwine will play, and Wizard indicated he would a while ago too, but all should confirm.
January 8th, 2016 at 10:53:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I'll play.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 8th, 2016 at 2:30:43 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I'll play unless there are too many others wanting to get in, in which case I'll stand by for the next game.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 9th, 2016 at 3:19:39 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: odiousgambit
I have definite confirmation from FrGamble , Cesspit, , Miplet [as non-player] , BBB, [& me]. I assume AZduffman and Rxwine will play, and Wizard indicated he would a while ago too, but all should confirm.

The latest on this is Wizard and AZ declining to play game 2, with regrets.

So I turn this over to Miplet who will be working with 5 players, FrGamble , Cesspit, BBB, OG, and Rxwine.
January 9th, 2016 at 4:24:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
If you want other ways to speed up the game, maybe we could have one move to any room once per player per game which you could use at any point in the game. This lets you skip the positioning to get around to a room, thus shortening each game (about one turn per player, at the least).

It would also add some uncertainty knowing some players may choose to hold off or use their one move at any time.

Thoughts?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 231234>Last »