Clue Game 2

Page 2 of 23<12345>Last »
January 9th, 2016 at 4:48:12 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 153
Quote: rxwine
Thoughts?

Not being able to get to the rooms you want when you want is frustrating but seems mostly acceptable to play. It is one of the things that forces a player to make an accusation without being 100% sure. I see players having to do that in the typical game, realizing somebody else is about to make an accusation. [in other words, BBB cannot really be faulted for not being sure, see how close Miplet was]

One element of sending players to rooms in your suggestions backfires, it seems to me: if that player keeps getting that treatment, then they get to make more suggestions! Late in the game sounds good, but then you are taking the player to the same areas you presumably think are good candidates.

I'd consider your suggestion but would want to hear what others think.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 9th, 2016 at 4:57:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
The easier conception of it, is everyone has one free secret passage to anywhere on the board to use once per game. Because that's basically how it works.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 9th, 2016 at 5:08:06 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'll defer if there is too much interest. Besides, I'll be out of town MLK weekend.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 9th, 2016 at 5:19:08 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
The easier conception of it, is everyone has one free secret passage to anywhere on the board to use once per game. Because that's basically how it works.
Current players can vote on this. If we had this last game, I would have won it a few turns earlier. I would vote No.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 9th, 2016 at 6:11:34 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Wizard
I'll defer if there is too much interest. Besides, I'll be out of town MLK weekend.

5 players without you, 6 players [works well for the cards] with you.

If that one weekend is all, I vote you play.
January 9th, 2016 at 9:41:38 PM permalink
miplet
Quote: odiousgambit
5 players without you, 6 players [works well for the cards] with you.

If that one weekend is all, I vote you play.
I think Wizard should play. We can all pause for the weekend, and resume play on Tuesday.

OK, do we want to play by the same rules as last game?

Quote: odiousgambit
Hopefully everyone can see now the dice don't add much to the game. The question is more about it is worth having stopping points outside the rooms like this. We could just have players move one room at a time, next room only of course. The secret passages wouldn't allow faster suggestions, but would still be a shortcut. So we have to think about this for game 2.

The above was one suggestion. Current players can vote. In fact I'll PM everyone.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 9th, 2016 at 10:52:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Fine with pausing.

Maybe we can solve a Rubik's cube in the meantime. Miplet can draw the cube and moves. : )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2016 at 2:43:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Fine with pausing.

Maybe we can solve a Rubik's cube in the meantime. Miplet can draw the cube and moves. : )

I'm not going to be shocked to see Miplet do that.

I vote we stay with the same rules on moving. I think a small nod to the original game, where you sometimes can't make a suggestion because you are moving, is good.

Since we aren't getting any demand for the one-time free move to a room of choice proposed by Rxwine, my vote on that is no. If there actually is a demand for it, I guess those people can vote yes.

I predict a trend to shorter games than the last one btw [9 rounds plus], as more players get better. However, I'm not sure with 6 players. It's likely to make the game longer; never played at home with a full 6, usually 3-4. Maybe it'll take 9 rounds again.
January 10th, 2016 at 6:18:35 PM permalink
miplet
So far everyone has voted to pause for MLK weekend. Just waiting for Wiz to confirm that he is going to play. We will be keeping the same rules as game 1.
January 10th, 2016 at 8:22:05 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'll confirm that I'll play if we pause for MLK weekend.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 2 of 23<12345>Last »