Clue Game 2

Page 23 of 23« First<20212223
January 23rd, 2016 at 6:20:29 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I had a 50/50 shot at it last turn but thought I had a bit more time based on the rooms not visited. Mustard dragging be back twice put a real damper on things :)

Nice work Scarlett!
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 23rd, 2016 at 6:26:22 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: miplet
I believe everyone should of have been down to 4 rooms except TheCesPit was down to 3. Someone not even playing should be down to 5. :+)

I was down to two. There was one I could eliminate as if someone had a certain weapon card someone must have a room or vice versa.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 23rd, 2016 at 10:32:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: odiousgambit
Think long and hard [anyone] if you can be sure to show up at least twice a day, which needs to be different times altogether btw, of course the rare exception is OK.

I also have to say there is pressure to make no mistakes. Miplet, can you talk about what this was like for you?

I can't guarantee I won't make a mistake, but I thought it might be easy to cut out paper pieces for the rooms, weapons, and players, that way everything will be physically in place, and I can proceed clockwise around a paper board (based on the current drawing). Setting up a simulation with multiple players with my limited skills would end tragically I'm afraid, even on a spreadsheet.

People can chime in if they need too about any move that is off.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2016 at 12:36:49 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
Think long and hard [anyone] if you can be sure to show up at least twice a day, which needs to be different times altogether btw, of course the rare exception is OK.

I also have to say there is pressure to make no mistakes. Miplet, can you talk about what this was like for you?

I can't guarantee I won't make a mistake, but I thought it might be easy to cut out paper pieces for the rooms, weapons, and players, that way everything will be physically in place, and I can proceed clockwise around a paper board (based on the current drawing). Setting up a simulation with multiple players with my limited skills would end tragically I'm afraid, even on a spreadsheet.

People can chime in if they need too about any move that is off.

I had volunteered to be the non-player for the clue2 game and stepped aside for miplet, and since you're wanting to do it, I'll step aside for your stewardship as well. I think we have done well so far in keeping each other correct and not sweating any errors too much.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 23rd, 2016 at 12:45:23 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: miplet
Interesting. I don't have you as knowing that it wasn't in the Hall, but maybe I missed something.
My spreadsheet that I used. Not really complete, but it worked for me. http://miplet.net/clue/game2.xlsx :+)

Yeah. I got the Hall by inference. If you look at round 1, both White and Hall were guessed in tandem, and disproved by 2 different people. Both of those disprovers were shown not to have the weapons guessed in the next couple rounds, so between them they had to have the White and Hall cards, and I didn't really care which was which; it eliminated those two cards. I think that happened in round 5.

The part I don't yet know was whether rxwine had eliminated the Ballroom (my room card) as it was never shown to anyone and could not be the default answer (as the game played out) to whether I held the library or ballroom cards. I had hoped that it lasting unknown so long would cause him not to accuse, but of course it was "outed" when his guess went unchallenged.

I had "rope" on round 3, and "peacock" on round 4, before OG outed them, and I think others did as well.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 23rd, 2016 at 9:23:32 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: beachbumbabs
Yeah. I got the Hall by inference. If you look at round 1, both White and Hall were guessed in tandem, and disproved by 2 different people. Both of those disprovers were shown not to have the weapons guessed in the next couple rounds, so between them they had to have the White and Hall cards, and I didn't really care which was which; it eliminated those two cards. I think that happened in round 5.

The part I don't yet know was whether rxwine had eliminated the Ballroom (my room card) as it was never shown to anyone and could not be the default answer (as the game played out) to whether I held the library or ballroom cards. I had hoped that it lasting unknown so long would cause him not to accuse, but of course it was "outed" when his guess went unchallenged.

I had "rope" on round 3, and "peacock" on round 4, before OG outed them, and I think others did as well.

Pretty much this. I just everyone was a little further from the room than they actually were. I think I should have spent more time looking at the moves to see if I could guess of the unknown rooms, which ones someone was not interested in, to help my guess up from 50/50.
Page 23 of 23« First<20212223