Clue Game 2

January 15th, 2016 at 1:58:26 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 153
It's interesting that the Padre and Miplet are both MIA so far today.

The game is supposed to continue 24 hours after someone is not able to be at the keyboard; we don't really have to wait the full 24 hours. So I'd say Mrs. Peacock could take a turn anytime [Fr Green will still be 'next' if he appears]. If that goes well, then Plum, etc. The next few players can make a suggestion if they use the secret passage, at least.

If Green gets suggested as the murderer, he'll have to transport himself back in time for his turn. That might be interesting to execute.

If Green is the next one to disprove, and Miplet is not around, we'll just have to wait.

PS: under the circumstances, remember we have to all be more diligent about making sure people are taking turns properly.

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 15th, 2016 at 3:12:03 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Colonel Mustard is required to report for military duty this weekend and shall return late Monday.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 15th, 2016 at 5:05:12 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I've been watching this space for Fr. G since yesterday. I really think, since we'd already agreed to pause for Wizard's absence, we should just stop until Monday night/Tuesday morning/whatever point we can resume, rather than skipping Fr. G. JMHO.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 15th, 2016 at 5:38:08 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: beachbumbabs
I've been watching this space for Fr. G since yesterday. I really think, since we'd already agreed to pause for Wizard's absence, we should just stop until Monday night/Tuesday morning/whatever point we can resume, rather than skipping Fr. G. JMHO.
Yes I agree. Work sucked last night, so I went straight to bed.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 15th, 2016 at 5:45:08 PM permalink
odiousgambit
OK.

In the meantime, I've been thinking about the whole consequences if we ever do move on, with one player to catch up later, as almost happened with the Padre. We can discuss this.

*If someone suggests the player who is to catch up later as the murderer, he is moved to that room. But if he had taken his turn on time, he would not be in that room. So how is this handled?

*the only thing I'm sure of is, if he was or was not due to make a suggestion, this status should not change.
January 15th, 2016 at 8:15:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Fr. Green is so mad at himself for taking so long (unexpected but necessary pastoral work) He suggests himself in the kitchen with a revolver.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 16th, 2016 at 3:18:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: FrGamble
Fr. Green is so mad at himself for taking so long (unexpected but necessary pastoral work)

I'm sure everyone feels 'things coming up' is no problem. If we said to allow only people who can come to the keyboard *for sure* everyday, hardly anyone would play.

Quote:
He suggests himself in the kitchen with a revolver.

I see no reason we can't play in Mustard's absence [till it is his turn]. However, everyone may have decided not to check in, including the possibly essential Miplet.
January 16th, 2016 at 6:01:54 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: FrGamble
Fr. Green is so mad at himself for taking so long (unexpected but necessary pastoral work) He suggests himself in the kitchen with a revolver.

Peacock (bbb) disproves this.
I'll send PMs when I'm off.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 16th, 2016 at 6:29:31 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: miplet
Peacock (bbb) disproves this.
I'll send PMs when I'm off.

Got it.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 16th, 2016 at 6:35:44 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
I'm next, and I assume Mustard can read back, so I'll give you a move.

Mrs. Peacock goes back to the Conservatory via secret passage, and suggests housekeeping invest in some Raid; the spiders in that passage are aggressive!

Seriously, but not too much; I suggest Plum in the Conservatory with the Rope.