Clue: Accusations

Page 2 of 3<123>
January 23rd, 2016 at 1:29:50 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I propose this as our new rule modification:

*The first three rounds the player may make a suggestion or accusation on his turn, but not both

*starting round 4 a player has 12 hours from the time the notification has been sent to make an accusation

*A player may also make an accusation beyond the above time limit if no other player has started his move in any way.

*a player can move and let the game continue, but reserves the right to an accusation should anyone ahead of them exercise theirs.

*a player moving into the corridor, not entering a room, signals that player will not make an accusation, but the above rule trumps this rule if the situation applies.

*there will have to be an honor system for not using information in an accusation that was revealed by players going on with their turn making suggestions etc.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 23rd, 2016 at 3:54:10 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
That sounds basically fine. I think the game should be allowed to continue pending an accusation decision up to the point of the dealer making a public statement about the results of a suggestion. In other words, the dealer should hold up on posting the public results of a suggestion until a previous player's accusation option has been used or declined.

Also, I would be willing to give the dealer my cell number for a reminder that it is my turn. I realize this is an extra obligation on the dealer, which he may refuse or deny to do on a game by game basis.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 23rd, 2016 at 5:33:31 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Wizard
That sounds basically fine. I think the game should be allowed to continue pending an accusation decision up to the point of the dealer making a public statement about the results of a suggestion. In other words, the dealer should hold up on posting the public results of a suggestion until a previous player's accusation option has been used or declined.

Also, I would be willing to give the dealer my cell number for a reminder that it is my turn. I realize this is an extra obligation on the dealer, which he may refuse or deny to do on a game by game basis.

I am chuckling a bit that we now have a 'dealer' ... oh, where would that come from?

I'm ok with these ideas
January 23rd, 2016 at 5:35:36 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: odiousgambit
I am chuckling a bit that we now have a 'dealer' ... oh, where would that come from?

Doesn't he deal the cards?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 23rd, 2016 at 5:36:55 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard
Doesn't he deal the cards?
And they deal with most of the suggestions.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 23rd, 2016 at 6:25:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
topic shift

ODG gave me some helpful hints to follow or look out for.

AS far as working on behalf of an absent player, I plan to always present the same disproof unless specifically forced to reveal another card.

So, I believe keeping each players cards stacked the same way, if you mistakenly want a new card, but mention a card you already got revealed to you, you'll always get the way the cards are stacked.

Like for instance
Scarlet
Rope
Study.

If I keep them stacked in the same way, you're always going to get the top card first, even if you've seen it. So if you were to include Study and Scarlet in your suggestion, even if you knew Scarlet already, you'll get her again. So that will keep me from making a mistake I hope.

And to see the Study card, you would not have either of the top 2 in your suggestion.

I'm keeping all the room cards on bottom of stack.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2016 at 6:39:59 PM permalink
odiousgambit
that seems to work

I think we can just see that we won't get objection, and if not play as proposed. I will be around just a little longer tonight.
January 23rd, 2016 at 7:19:08 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
That all works for me. I would say specifically the non-player SHOULD show the same card to a player they've shown it before, as that's best strategy a player would use (assuming they remember what they showed before). Same thing, I think, for a choice of cards to show a different player; the same card should be shown to both that's been previously exposed.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 23rd, 2016 at 7:38:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: beachbumbabs
That all works for me. I would say specifically the non-player SHOULD show the same card to a player they've shown it before, as that's best strategy a player would use (assuming they remember what they showed before). Same thing, I think, for a choice of cards to show a different player; the same card should be shown to both that's been previously exposed.

Yes, that's right. In fact if someone were to ask for the Study card twice I will have to go with that one twice. So, strictly staying with the top card won't keep me out of trouble.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2016 at 7:47:32 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: rxwine
Yes, that's right. In fact if someone were to ask for the Study card twice I will have to go with that one twice. So, strictly staying with the top card won't keep me out of trouble.

Yeah, that's kind of my point, though I didn't say it that well. If a player names a card they've already seen, that should trump showing them the one from the top of the deck, even if that card is lower on the list.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 2 of 3<123>