January 25th, 2016 at 12:26:16 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: TheCesspit
Scarlett takes a look around.

She see mrs White, and thinks why not:

Ballroom, White, Lead Pipe.

White can't disprove
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 25th, 2016 at 4:40:07 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8

I, Mr. Green, can't disprove either.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 25th, 2016 at 4:46:42 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: beachbumbabs
Correction to White's guess: I guessed the candlestick, not the wrench.

Thank you! That error would have totally screwed me up. I usually don't update my pad until the round updates.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 25th, 2016 at 4:51:15 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: Wizard
Thank you! That error would have totally screwed me up. I usually don't update my pad until the round updates.
And I use what I post too. Thanks. I edited my post. I should double check next time. I use a drop down box and wrench was one off.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
January 25th, 2016 at 5:04:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

To finish

Mustard, White, Green, Peacock cannot disprove.

Prof Plum can disprove.

Sending PMs

Col Mustards turn
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 25th, 2016 at 5:14:33 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 153
The Colonel calls Dr. Brown over in a friendly way to help him search the conservatory for clues. They find the wrench, which seems out of place; Mustard turns on Doc, asking him his whereabouts at the time of the murder!

suggests Dr. Brown with the Wrench in the Conservatory

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 25th, 2016 at 7:43:08 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: Wizard

Quote: miplet
And I use what I post too. Thanks. I edited my post. I should double check next time. I use a drop down box and wrench was one off.

You're both welcome. I had to think a moment before I decided to speak up, but I like to keep it sportin'. :) IMO Wizard leads by example, soliciting corrections without ego, and miplet's also that type of person, so it felt almost like cheating NOT to point that out when he's trying to help the game.

I'm sure PGD is very proud of me. :D
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 25th, 2016 at 8:00:09 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: odiousgambit
The Colonel calls Dr. Brown over in a friendly way to help him search the conservatory for clues. They find the wrench, which seems out of place; Mustard turns on Doc, asking him his whereabouts at the time of the murder!

suggests Dr. Brown with the Wrench in the Conservatory

White can disprove this. Sending PM. Also thinking about my turn.

So, I think I understand the rule, and expect to act accordingly, however I think this is the first this has come up.

I entered the Ballroom and made a guess.
Then Scarlet, who was pulled into the ballroom, named me. If I had been elsewhere, I would now have the right to make a guess on my turn without moving.
I think I still have to leave and either come back in, or go into another room, rather than having the right to guess because I got named, because I was already in the room. However, my question is: Could I make another guess (using the ballroom) instead of leaving?
January 25th, 2016 at 8:16:19 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Based on my best understanding of the rule above, Mrs. White leaves the Ballroom and goes to the entry of the Kitchen.

January 25th, 2016 at 8:17:39 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: beachbumbabs
I entered the Ballroom and made a guess.
Then Scarlet, who was pulled into the ballroom, named me. If I had been elsewhere, I would now have the right to make a guess on my turn without moving.
I think I still have to leave and either come back in, or go into another room, rather than having the right to guess because I got named, because I was already in the room. However, my question is: Could I make another guess (using the ballroom) instead of leaving?

As I recall, going back decades, they way we played was that if you were named to a room you were already in, then you could not ask again from that spot your next turn.

I also checked the Clue rulebook. On page six it says that transferring somebody already in a room is "not necessary." It also says you may make a suggestion if you were just transferred into a room. So, I would argue that you were never transferred, and thus must move out of the room your next turn. Of course, this is a selfishly-motivated statement, so I welcome any counterargument.

However, you do get honesty points for the error confession.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber