VA Tech Students murder middle schooler

Page 2 of 2<12
February 4th, 2016 at 8:00:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Prayer is what will lead to real, thoughtful, and healing action.

Or not. Something else there's no evidence for,
that prayer does anything more than just
thinking about the subject would do. Skip the
prayer, spend the time doing something
constructive.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 4th, 2016 at 8:41:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Or not. Something else there's no evidence for,
that prayer does anything more than just
thinking about the subject would do. Skip the
prayer, spend the time doing something
constructive.

If any of studies had consistently suggested there was something statistically significant to it, the religions would be funding the heck out of new studies to show it to all the doubters.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 4th, 2016 at 8:49:57 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
There's some evidence that mindful meditation can be good for you, on a balanced, emotional level. Possibly prayer has some of these effects too (not due to divine inspiration, though).
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 4th, 2016 at 9:29:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: TheCesspit
There's some evidence that mindful meditation can be good for you, on a balanced, emotional level. Possibly prayer has some of these effects too (not due to divine inspiration, though).

I believe there are verified effects, though I don't know the extent of it -- for meditation or prayer-like meditation.

But this is prayer as intercession not self-directed like meditation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2016 at 2:55:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I'd rather see them take real action,
praying will accomplish nothing at
all except to waste your time.

You mean like an atheist wasting hours of their time discussing religion they claim not to care about?
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2016 at 3:00:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FrGamble
There seems to be something diabolical going on at Virginia Tech. They have had such awful things consistently happening there, it is scary. Pray for that campus.

It seems to be what we get with a general decline in society and morals that we are told not to discuss because "people do not want to discuss social issues." When you can no longer condemn bad behavior then more and more of an anything goes mentality rises. I will concede that Va Tech has gotten more than their share, but this is going to keep spreading. It is what I am talking about when I predict major breakdown in the USA 2020-2030.
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2016 at 6:13:12 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
You mean like an atheist wasting hours of their time discussing religion they claim not to care about?

and then confess to belief in Reincarnation? That was jaw-dropping, sorry EB.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 2<12