Clue Game 4

Page 1 of 141234>Last »
February 5th, 2016 at 10:22:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I volunteer to be Dealer/Non-player again; BBB discussed this and she is willing, but the timing is bad for her.

My availability should be good.

Who wants to play?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 5th, 2016 at 10:59:25 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: odiousgambit
I volunteer to be Dealer/Non-player again; BBB discussed this and she is willing, but the timing is bad for her.

My availability should be good.

Who wants to play?

:+) I do.
My goal was to finish my little program before game 3 ended, but I'm a slacker.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 5th, 2016 at 11:45:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
If 1st player (scarlet) has an advantage, is there any way to handicap the game better that we can agree to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2016 at 11:54:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
If 1st player (scarlet) has an advantage, is there any way to handicap the game better that we can agree to.

I have to believe it is only a slight advantage, it's a small sample size to conclude much.

We do draw for the chance to be Scarlet. This time it will be a random drawing, assuming I am dealer.

As far as a fix goes, the order for the next round could be randomly drawn each time.
February 5th, 2016 at 12:55:34 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
I have to believe it is only a slight advantage, it's a small sample size to conclude much.

We do draw for the chance to be Scarlet. This time it will be a random drawing, assuming I am dealer.

As far as a fix goes, the order for the next round could be randomly drawn each time.

I can't find anyone doing a big analysis of the turn order in Clue... but maybe I should look harder. Random each round does then add in other issues (not least tracking each round whose confirming next, unless you keep that order fixed, which is probably for the best).

I'm out of game 4. I'll take a breather.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 5th, 2016 at 2:04:01 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: TheCesspit
I can't find anyone doing a big analysis of the turn order in Clue... but maybe I should look harder. Random each round does then add in other issues (not least tracking each round whose confirming next, unless you keep that order fixed, which is probably for the best).

I'm out of game 4. I'll take a breather.

Good points. I have to admit I'll be really disappointed to think Scarlet wins nearly every time. Actually, I think the first person to make an accusation is at a disadvantage, assuming the player hasn't solved all 3 things. You cleared that hurdle, but 2 others did not.
February 5th, 2016 at 2:07:03 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'll have to abstain from Clue game 4 because of other commitments this month and I don't want to play if I can't check in frequently. I should be back for Clue 6.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 5th, 2016 at 7:04:37 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I don't think from what Cess said that he had isolated the revolver, but I may have misunderstood. (He said he had the wrench, and I show that he got saved from revealing it not one, not two, but FOUR times. What luck!)

I am busy until Friday, but should be able to check in 1-2 times daily, maybe more. If you start the game, OG, I will play if that frequency's acceptable.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 5th, 2016 at 7:40:44 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
If I'm needed out of a shortage of players, I'll play. However, the game needs to finish within about a week.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 5th, 2016 at 8:14:58 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Wizard
If I'm needed out of a shortage of players, I'll play. However, the game needs to finish within about a week.

Not to speak for OG, but we had that conversation (deciding who would volunteer and how we might run it if it was one of us), and it sounds like he'll be pushing the pace to keep interest high, so I genuinely think that's a realistic time frame.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
Page 1 of 141234>Last »