Clue Game 5

Page 1 of 91234>Last »
February 13th, 2016 at 12:16:14 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Hi, all! I am willing to be dealer for the next game, if there are enough people interested in playing. I will adjust the cards as necessary, but we've discussed it, and I'd like to try (if we get less than 6), distributing the cards evenly to at least 6 players, and the dealer will play the non-playing color(s) but not make suggestions. We think it might play a little better if players have 3 cards, might not make a difference, but want to try it. It would also be possible to bring in someone after a day or two who missed the start, I think.

I will randomize the picks once we know the players, then the usual order of play. I will advise on your cards once characters are assigned. OG's rules as refined through previous play will apply, including the order of cards shown to other players.

Who would like to play?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 13th, 2016 at 12:23:43 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Count me in.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 13th, 2016 at 12:54:08 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: beachbumbabs
It would also be possible to bring in someone after a day or two who missed the start, I think.

That'd just be the challenge of winning with less info I guess. But if a player came in past his normal turn and the first round was not finished, I think we could squeeze him in for a suggestion out of turn.

But distributing to 6 regardless, we have enough already with me [yes, I'm playing]. I'm not saying more won't be better!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 13th, 2016 at 1:46:02 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I'm in.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 13th, 2016 at 3:25:58 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
good, we definitely can make it worth BBB's time to deal

let's see if we hear from FrG, otherwise we can assume the usual players have seen the invite
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 13th, 2016 at 3:44:40 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I'm in!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 13th, 2016 at 5:16:45 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Sorry. I have to review rules of game as I have not played in 40 years.
February 13th, 2016 at 6:48:41 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: Pacomartin
Sorry. I have to review rules of game as I have not played in 40 years.

Paco,

You were doing great. Please look at OG's blog here: http://diversitytomorrow.com/member/odiousgambit/blog/

Within that, there's a link to a .pdf of the original clue rules.

After the pdf, there's OG's modifications we're using in order to play online.

Take a read, and let us know.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 13th, 2016 at 7:13:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm in. Are we characters yet?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2016 at 7:18:29 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Ok, I've sent out a couple invites in case there are others interested in a new game, and holding a spot for Paco should he decide to play. I will be dealing cards to either 6 or 7 players, depending on how many come in (6 unless we get 7 live players). Characters will be selected in the following order (I cut cards to assign)

1. Paco (or if he declines, someone else gets the spot but moves to the back on character choices)
2. Fr G.
3. The Cesspit
4. Rxwine
5. OG
6. Miplet
7. Player to be named if necessary (If there's a 7th, we will add Brown, Pillow, and Poison back in)

Players take turns in this order:

Scarlet
Mustard
White
Green
Peacock
Plum
(Brown)
Page 1 of 91234>Last »