Clue Game 5

Page 7 of 9« First<456789>
February 16th, 2016 at 5:38:09 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Mrs White takes the secret passage back to the kitchen. (make sure that is a legal move as I crossed the secret passage once already last turn)

Suggests Prof Plum, kitchen with the candlestick (if not, just stay in the kitchen without suggestion.)

It is legal, you can do this indefinitely if able

Mr. Green can disprove

PM sent

my turn, pondering that
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 16th, 2016 at 5:47:46 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Mr. Green, finding himself in the study, looks about and decides Mrs. White deserves some scrutiny

suggests Mrs. White with the knife in the Study
February 16th, 2016 at 5:50:27 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: odiousgambit
Mr. Green, finding himself in the study, looks about and decides Mrs. White deserves some scrutiny

suggests Mrs. White with the knife in the Study

Peacock can disprove. PM sent.

Peacock is skipped. Plum is up. Plum was moved to the Kitchen and can suggest from there or move.

Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 16th, 2016 at 6:26:40 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Professor Plum takes the passage to join everyone in the Study. Hey, Where's Peacock?
Suggests Mrs. Peacock with Revolver in Study.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 16th, 2016 at 6:35:04 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 17th, 2016 at 5:49:12 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: miplet
Professor Plum takes the passage to join everyone in the Study. Hey, Where's Peacock?
Suggests Mrs. Peacock with Revolver in Study.

Scarlet cannot disprove.
Mustard cannot disprove.
White cannot disprove.
Green cannot disprove.
Peacock cannot disprove.

Plum is on the last turn of round 3. In his blog/previous clue threads, OG had listed a rule that, prior to round 4, a player could make either a suggestion or an accusation, not both. Once round 4 started, a player has 12 hours to make an accusation. This rule was primarily to allow the game to move along without pausing for accusations in the first 3 rounds.

However, based on the information revealed in the first 3 rounds of THIS game, this suggestion is at worst an educated guess on Miplet's part, and likely just well-deduced. As well as the winning answer, of course.

I discussed this with OG last night/this morning, and he agreed the rule should be modified somehow, because any other action would be unfair to miplet.

So, WINNAH WINNAH CHICKEN DINNAH! Congrats to miplet, and thanks to all for playing!

I will note that it's not inconceivable that someone else among you would have made an accusation on your previous turn, were it not for this rule. Looking at the cards and revealed information, I don't think anyone else was in a position to do so, but I could be wrong. Honor system on this, I think; if someone prior to Plum had this for sure and held back, they should speak up.

Cards (in columns under characters):

Scarlet... Mustard... White..... Green..... Peacock.. Plum....
Plum...... Green...... Lounge... White...... Scarlet..... Rope...
Lead Pip Dining.... Hall.......... Kitchen... Mustard... C-stick.
Conserv.. Billiard. Ballroom. Library..... Knife..... Wrench
February 17th, 2016 at 6:20:46 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Wow, what a quick game. My spreadsheet is at home. Can't remeber how much of a guess it was. Peacock was known. Only ces could have had Study. I Revolver was a guess. Was down to 3 weapons with just my cards.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 17th, 2016 at 7:09:30 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I was down to working out the room. Didn't have the Study figured out yet. Was thinking about an accusation on my turn, as wasn't sure how long we had left. Nice one Miplet. I was wondering why BBB had posted but not run the cards.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2016 at 7:11:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: beachbumbabs
the winning answer, of course.

Miplet could have named a card in his hand. For that reason, I think it is not automatically best to change the shown-to-be-problematic rule to "unless no one can disprove" - or is that the way to go?

Congratulations, Miplet! I thought you might have the Study card too, but that was a guarded secret LOL. [edit]

I'm starting to wonder if we can stand to play games with 6 weapons only. This sure got solved fast.
February 17th, 2016 at 8:30:45 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: odiousgambit
Miplet could have named a card in his hand. For that reason, I think it is not automatically best to change the shown-to-be-problematic rule to "unless no one can disprove" - or is that the way to go?

Congratulations, Miplet! I thought you might have the Study card too, but that was a guarded secret LOL. [edit]

I'm starting to wonder if we can stand to play games with 6 weapons only. This sure got solved fast.

I agree, he could have. And I would have said nothing had that been the case, except listing the disprove. It just seemed unfair that he could NOT accuse; had that rule not been present, I would have again listed the disprove, and it would have been up to him to make a timely accusation before he had put it together for someone else. The rule blocking him from accusing until his next turn seemed unfairly punitive, which is when I consulted you.

For a while there, I was enjoying that it appeared I (Peacock) had the Study card, as I disproved 3 Study guesses. However, there was a clinker between the 2nd and 3rd where I could not disprove a Study guess, so the jig was up on that! (Part of what I was looking at to judge whether I should stop the game).
Page 7 of 9« First<456789>