Clue Game 5

Page 8 of 9« First<56789>
February 17th, 2016 at 8:53:07 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: TheCesspit
I was down to working out the room. Didn't have the Study figured out yet. Was thinking about an accusation on my turn, as wasn't sure how long we had left. Nice one Miplet. I was wondering why BBB had posted but not run the cards.

Yeah, as the turns went, you had Peacock on round 1, and revolver on your round 3 turn (elim all but you w/revolver round 1, and you knew you didn't hold it). Plum's (mip) guess gave you Study except for himself maybe holding it; I think you would have to have tried an accusation using it. JMHO, of course.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 17th, 2016 at 9:21:25 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
I found an online solver. Obviously using it while a game is going on is cheating. http://gregstoll.dyndns.org/cluesolver/
Quote: stuff I knew
63-FDBHKLM-OJ-NCI-TJ.3-AFDBIHKLQM.3M-FCBIHKOLQJD.3-FDQIHKOLBMJC-EGP-AP.3BD-FNCQIHTKLOMJ-EG.3KLH-AFEDSNBIRTOGUQPMJC.3F-AEDBHKLMC.

Quote: public info
63-FBMH-OJ-NCI-TJ.3-AFBIHMLQ.3-FCBIKOQJ-ALM-MH.3-FDQIKOLBJC-EGP-AHP.3B-FNCQITOKJ-DL-EG.3-FNCBITOJ-KQ.3F-ABECD.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 17th, 2016 at 9:31:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I guess the next person to be the dealer can try the rule change they think best. I do like a few turns without worry about waiting out someone's accusation period.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 17th, 2016 at 1:58:37 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: odiousgambit
I guess the next person to be the dealer can try the rule change they think best. I do like a few turns without worry about waiting out someone's accusation period.

I agree. I think the amendment could be that we play as we've defined, but an accusation can be made within 12 hours in any round, not just beginning round 4?

As to miplet's cluesolver (he found, not he wrote)....geez. Takes all the fun out of it. It did seem to confirm that everybody should be able to confirm the weapon and suspect as of Scarlet's turn 3, but the study was up in the air until Plum's turn 3, and then confirmed only for him (as nobody could be sure he didn't have it himself).
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 17th, 2016 at 3:25:08 PM permalink
odiousgambit
well, the dealer can decide, but after thinking about it, I like keeping it like it was [gasp] but if the player makes a suggestion that can't be disproved because it is the solution, it is an instant winner, which the dealer will know and declare. If the dealer just shows there are no players to disprove it, everyone will know that the suggestion included a card or two in the player's hand. But so what? That becomes clear anyway under different rules, when the player doesn't make an accusation that exactly matches the suggestion [and can't make such an accusation under current rules for the first 3 rounds]. [edits]
February 17th, 2016 at 7:53:28 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
well, the dealer can decide, but after thinking about it, I like keeping it like it was [gasp] but if the player makes a suggestion that can't be disproved because it is the solution, it is an instant winner, which the dealer will know and declare. If the dealer just shows there are no players to disprove it, everyone will know that the suggestion included a card or two in the player's hand. But so what? That becomes clear anyway under different rules, when the player doesn't make an accusation that exactly matches the suggestion [and can't make such an accusation under current rules for the first 3 rounds]. [edits]

Works for me.
February 17th, 2016 at 9:46:28 PM permalink
miplet
Speaking of the program that I wrote, it's almost done. I just need to write a way to customize which card gets shown if the player has more than one. Should finish with that before I go to bed at around 10am. (I'll need to be the non player for the first game as I'll have to manually add card info.) Any volunteers to test it out before using it in live play?
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 18th, 2016 at 2:33:22 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: miplet
Speaking of the program that I wrote, it's almost done. I just need to write a way to customize which card gets shown if the player has more than one. Should finish with that before I go to bed at around 10am. (I'll need to be the non player for the first game as I'll have to manually add card info.) Any volunteers to test it out before using it in live play?

Sure

I'm guessing there is a huge element of the honor system with it?
February 18th, 2016 at 2:59:43 AM permalink
miplet
Sure

I'm guessing there is a huge element of the honor system with it?
No, I tryed to make it idiot proof. I'll have access to the database so if I can set it up so someone else can be the dealer for future games , I obviously won't look at it. Each player will have a password. Only leagal moves are shown. http://miplet.net/clue/move.php has a game in progress. Leave password field blank for now. Still have some testing code in there. I'll delete the extra stuff before a real game.

Edit to add: I added passwords. Scarlet is a, Mustard is b ect. Just for testing.
February 25th, 2016 at 7:23:48 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Congratulations to Miplet!

I'd be interested in a game 6.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 8 of 9« First<56789>