Beyonce half time show offensive?

Page 1 of 211234>Last »
Poll
No votes (0%)
7 votes (63.63%)
4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

February 19th, 2016 at 4:28:24 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 39
Posts: 3387
Been hearing about how people were offended by this show
Anti-cop halftime show?
I watched it.
I was not impressed by the music.
Looked like a dance off to me with Bruno and his guys in leather against Beyoncé and her girls in leather
How was this offensive? Judas Preist is THE leather band, are they offensive?
I thought it was kind of using the Janet Jackson rhythm nation idea or Judas Preist costume idea and taking it a step farther
Is rhythm nation offensive?
How come Bruno not getting grief from conservatives?
Why are conservatives pissed at the NFL but not Coldplay?

Got up and listened to the news this morning
Conservatives in my area are furious that Beyoncé is playing in Tampa in a few months
Local Fox13 news reported the police were boycotting the concert
Then FOX13 interviewed the PBA
PBA told FOX13 they were wrong, that many officers have already signed up to police the event
FOX13 asked the PBA how they got their story so wrong
PBA said to just call them instead of using unnamed sources
FOX13 then suggested that the Police should no longer work NFL games because they allowed the halftime show
The PBA rep laughed, said they will continue to work Buc games

Just because I support a movement such as Black lives matter does not mean I am anti-cop
I am anti bad cop
Most cops are good, there are a few bad apples, I am against those bad apples
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 19th, 2016 at 6:22:45 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 331
Posts: 11745
Quote: terapined
Most cops are good, there are a few bad apples, I am against those bad apples


The problem isn't that a few cops are bad. The problem id the vast majority of good cops, and the lawyers working for the local DA offices, go to extreme lengths to shield the "bad apples" from any consequences from their actions.

It's exactly the same thing that goes on inside the Catholic church with pedophile priests. People got pissed off at the church, and they should be pissed off at the police, too.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
February 19th, 2016 at 10:22:19 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 39
Posts: 3387
Quote: Nareed
The problem isn't that a few cops are bad. The problem id the vast majority of good cops, and the lawyers working for the local DA offices, go to extreme lengths to shield the "bad apples" from any consequences from their actions.

It's exactly the same thing that goes on inside the Catholic church with pedophile priests. People got pissed off at the church, and they should be pissed off at the police, too.

I agree, the police have a real problem cleaning up and getting rid of the bad apples and if people complain, they blame the complainer instead of solving the problem of bad cops on a police force.
I see Miami police are boycotting the Beyoncé concert
I just don't get it
It seems the police assume that if you are against police brutality, that you are against the Police in general
What a bunch of morons
People that are against police brutality are not anti-police

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/miami-cops-vow-security-boycott-of-beyonc%c3%a9-concert-in-april/ar-BBpGmcS?ocid=spartandhp
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 19th, 2016 at 3:53:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 103
Posts: 7134
Quote: terapined

Just because I support a movement such as Black lives matter does not mean I am anti-cop
I am anti bad cop
Most cops are good, there are a few bad apples, I am against those bad apples


I paid no attention to the show, i pretty much know I would not like the music. However, I think I understand the controversy.

BLM is a racist and increasingly violent movement. While I will not deny that there are some bad cops who need to be removed, look at who they defend. Not the little kid who got shot in Cleveland with a toy gun. They defend thugs. One guy who attacked a cop and another who died without the cops direct involvement (he was fine when they put him the paddy wagon.)

Beyonce and her crew came out in black power movement outfits. She embraces BLM. She has taken sides.

What many people misunderestimate is the way blacks feel about cops. Some I have known outright hate them, some just don't trust them, and everything in between. If you doubt me, look at who they as a group defend. Rodney King, OJ Simpson, and now Freddie Gray et al. Even Micahel Vick will be defended to the last. Meanwhile, blacks in law enforcement are "sellouts."

Blacks have not been shy about complaining when they are "offended." Someone has now found Beyonce offensive. Boo hoo hoo to her.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
February 19th, 2016 at 4:09:57 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 39
Posts: 3387
Quote: AZDuffman
I paid no attention to the show, i pretty much know I would not like the music. However, I think I understand the controversy.

BLM is a racist and increasingly violent movement. While I will not deny that there are some bad cops who need to be removed, look at who they defend. Not the little kid who got shot in Cleveland with a toy gun. They defend thugs. One guy who attacked a cop and another who died without the cops direct involvement (he was fine when they put him the paddy wagon.)

Beyonce and her crew came out in black power movement outfits. She embraces BLM. She has taken sides.

What many people misunderestimate is the way blacks feel about cops. Some I have known outright hate them, some just don't trust them, and everything in between. If you doubt me, look at who they as a group defend. Rodney King, OJ Simpson, and now Freddie Gray et al. Even Micahel Vick will be defended to the last. Meanwhile, blacks in law enforcement are "sellouts."

Blacks have not been shy about complaining when they are "offended." Someone has now found Beyonce offensive. Boo hoo hoo to her.


All movements are filled with those on the fringe that have extreme views
(Westboro Baptist Church does not represent Baptists)
An extreme view would be to view Black cops as sellouts.
A regular Black person would support a Black officer enforcing the law honestly.
I support Black Lives matter.
Do you view me as taking sides.
I've posted here that I support the officers actions in Ferguson.
If the evidence is in the officers favor, dam right I support the police
I look at each case individually and either take the Officers side or dont
But regardless of that, there are still a small minority officers out there that are racist and use violence with no repercussions
I support BLM in any case where its obvious the police are wrong
I have to imagine Beyoncé and most BLM supporters think no differently then me
Is that taking sides?
If a Black person is arrested for good reason, of course I support the police
But in some instances, unfortunately, the police are wrong and those are the cases where I support BLM
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 19th, 2016 at 4:29:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 103
Posts: 7134
Quote: terapined

A regular Black person would support a Black officer enforcing the law honestly.


Quote:
I support Black Lives matter.
Do you view me as taking sides.


I view you as supporting a racist, violent, black-power organization. A group that has stopped traffic and interrupted white people eating breakfast minding their own business. A group that wants reparations for slavery.

I will go back to my old statement about getting out of the suburbs and see what is going on.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
February 19th, 2016 at 5:27:29 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 39
Posts: 3387
Quote: AZDuffman
I view you as supporting a racist, violent, black-power organization. A group that has stopped traffic and interrupted white people eating breakfast minding their own business. A group that wants reparations for slavery.

I will go back to my old statement about getting out of the suburbs and see what is going on.


I am the resident DT BLM supporter
I am against stopping traffic to protest
I am against interrupting white people eating
I have Black friends that totally agree with me
They would never stop traffic or interrupt white people eating.
They are just regular people like you or me that just happen to be Black
They don't view Black police officers as sellouts
We support honest police officers that are doing a tough job
They also support BLM.
They are not racist, they get along with all the races in the office
We are simply against those police officers that choose to break the law
Do you think my Black friends are not truly Black because they live in the suburbs?

Don't listen to the extremists. Racist Cliven Bundy does not represent conservatives
If I'm interested in a conservative view, of course I will ignore the views of Cliven or Westboro
You can find BLM extremists all over the internet
or
you can talk to a regular BLM supporter right here and get real views.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 19th, 2016 at 5:56:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 103
Posts: 7134
Quote: terapined
I am the resident DT BLM supporter
I am against stopping traffic to protest
I am against interrupting white people eating


This is a bit like saying you support the Westboro Baptist Church but do not support them protesting at military funerals.

Quote:
Do you think my Black friends are not truly Black because they live in the suburbs?


Nope, but people who figuratively never leave the suburbs don't realize what BLM is really about. The movement is about hating cops and wanting reparations. It is a hate group disguised as being for social justice. It stops traffic and interrupts white folks at breakfast.

Support them all you like, I do not care one way or the other. Just understand what you are supporting.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
February 20th, 2016 at 4:53:15 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Member since: Sep 3, 2013
Threads: 5
Posts: 804
Quote: AZDuffman
This is a bit like saying you support the Westboro Baptist Church but do not support them protesting at military funerals.



Nope, but people who figuratively never leave the suburbs don't realize what BLM is really about. The movement is about hating cops and wanting reparations. It is a hate group disguised as being for social justice. It stops traffic and interrupts white folks at breakfast.

Support them all you like, I do not care one way or the other. Just understand what you are supporting.


That's not what BLM is about at all. It's about people being judged, harassed, jailed, arrested, and a hundred other things in greatly over-average numbers simply because they're black. It's about profiling and prejudice leading to escalation of situations that would not have happened had the target of the escalation not been black. People are getting killed because police are making unwarranted or general assumptions, or overreacting to the situation. But the police aren't the only ones, they're just the most visible manifestation of it and the closest to the front line.
Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. -ersatz Buddha
February 20th, 2016 at 8:21:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 103
Posts: 7134
Quote: beachbumbabs
That's not what BLM is about at all. It's about people being judged, harassed, jailed, arrested, and a hundred other things in greatly over-average numbers simply because they're black. It's about profiling and prejudice leading to escalation of situations that would not have happened had the target of the escalation not been black. People are getting killed because police are making unwarranted or general assumptions, or overreacting to the situation. But the police aren't the only ones, they're just the most visible manifestation of it and the closest to the front line.


If you believe this then you need to get out of the suburbs and see the real world. BLM defends thugs, they have blocked traffic, they have loudly disrupted white people eating breakfast who were bothering nobody, and lately beat and robbed a US Vet who was minding his own business eating.

If you doubt me when i claim they are a racist group....
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
Page 1 of 211234>Last »