7 votes (63.63%)
4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

May 1st, 2017 at 10:56:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Absurd
I have a nephew that lives in Baltimore and works downtown. He loves living in the city

Sorry, I didn't realize your nephew was a more reliable source than crime stats. **FACEPALM**

Quote:
If a bad cop breaks the law, he or she should be prosecuted.
If you break the law, you should be prosecuted regardless if you have or dont have a badge
Some libs are criminals. Some conservatives are criminals. Some cops are criminals. ALL should be prosecuted to the fullest extant of the law

And yet again you completely miss the point and how human nature works. If a cop is worried that an accident might get him a murder charge, he will avoid such situations as any sane person would. An accident happened and the cops were charger with Murder. Not even Manslaughter or some other lesser charge. The BLM crowds loved it.

So the cops just figuratively said, "If they want a lawless place, they can have one!"

Now the mayor is crying for help!

Maybe the mayor should call your nephew??
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2017 at 11:36:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Sorry, I didn't realize your nephew was a more reliable source than crime stats.

Yawn
Regardless of stats
The city is not unlivable.
Sorry you are wrong. Your statement is still absurd
ROTFL

Maybe you support criminals that break the law simply because they have a badge. ANYBODY that breaks the law should be prosecuted regardless if they wear a badge or not.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 1st, 2017 at 3:20:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Yawn
Regardless of stats
The city is not unlivable.
Sorry you are wrong. Your statement is still absurd

So, the mayor is wrong as well?

Quote:
Maybe you support criminals that break the law simply because they have a badge. ANYBODY that breaks the law should be prosecuted regardless if they wear a badge or not.

The problem is when people get arrested not because they break the law but because BLM True BLM threatens to riot.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2017 at 3:38:55 PM permalink
terapined
So, the mayor is wrong as well?

The problem is when people get arrested not because they break the law but because BLM True BLM threatens to riot.

The city is not unlivable
You take a crime stat and then go into an extreme
Your extreme statement is WRONG

A reminder from a previous post of mine regarding the real danger, criminals with guns that shoot at BLM

Feb 1 2017 A jury convicted a Minnesota man of assault for opening fire and wounding five black BLM protesters.
Today, he was sentenced and got 15 years

http://www.breitbart.com/news/jury-convicts-man-who-wounded-black-protesters-in-minnesota/

http://www.startribune.com/sentencing-today-for-gunman-who-shot-5-jamar-clark-protesters/420485043/

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/04/26/jamar-clark-protest-shooter-scarsella-gets-15-years
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 1st, 2017 at 3:49:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman

The city is not unlivable
You take a crime stat and then go into an extreme
Your extreme statement is WRONG

Not just one stat. The place is an unlivable mess.

Quote:
A reminder from a previous post of mine regarding the real danger, criminals with guns that shoot at BLM

Not sure what the re-posted links have to do with anything.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2017 at 4:04:02 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Not just one stat. The place is an unlivable mess.

Is that really new?

I've almost no knowledge of the place, but I did swing through just once well before BLM and Ferguson and all that Jazz. Like, there was still some 9/11 unity remnants wafting through the air. Every stop I made was met with curiosity and suspicion as I was in a pickup with a bike in back. "You lost?" "I wouldn't sit around here for long." Every comment, from random Arab gas pumper to random hotel desk clerk, had some reference to their disbelief and warning about me being there.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 1st, 2017 at 4:14:38 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face
Is that really new?

I've almost no knowledge of the place, but I did swing through just once well before BLM and Ferguson and all that Jazz. Like, there was still some 9/11 unity remnants wafting through the air. Every stop I made was met with curiosity and suspicion as I was in a pickup with a bike in back. "You lost?" "I wouldn't sit around here for long." Every comment, from random Arab gas pumper to random hotel desk clerk, had some reference to their disbelief and warning about me being there.

Depends on the neighborhood,
For you, my recommendation is the Fells Point Neighborhood near the water and docks
Stay at the Admiral Fell Inn :-)
A lot of bars, some with live music, food and interesting stores.
I always felt safe walking around at night, lots of pedestrians.
Baltimore is like any other city.
It has its good parts, it has its bad parts
Its certainly not unlivable. ROTFL
Ravens and Orioles play in the city
One of the finest medical schools on the planet is in Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University.
May 1st, 2017 at 4:34:35 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Depends on the neighborhood,
For you, my recommendation is the Fells Point Neighborhood near the water and docks
Stay at the Admiral Fell Inn :-)
A lot of bars, some with live music, food and interesting stores.
I always felt safe walking around at night, lots of pedestrians.
Baltimore is like any other city.
It has its good parts, it has its bad parts
Its certainly not unlivable. ROTFL
Ravens and Orioles play in the city
One of the finest medical schools on the planet is in Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University.

Appreciate it, but I've no plans on returning. Only reason I went is because I go by feel instead of map, and missed the loop around the beltway =)

All cities are bad IMO. I'm so hillbilly I'd consider Tarpon Springs "the city". That whole I-19 stretch from New Port Richey to Clearwater, that's all city. Makes me uncomfortable =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 1st, 2017 at 4:45:28 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face

All cities are bad IMO. I'm so hillbilly I'd consider Tarpon Springs "the city". That whole I-19 stretch from New Port Richey to Clearwater, that's all city. Makes me uncomfortable =p

I've done that on my bicycle, Clearwater to Tarpon Springs. Have a gyro or baklava, head back to Clearwater. Very nice bicycle trail
May 4th, 2017 at 2:42:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
EXCLUSIVE: FBI report finds officers ‘de-policing’ as anti-cop hostility becomes ‘new norm’

SITYS!

People forget how bad places were pre-1990s. Some have to learn the hard way.
The President is a fink.