7 votes (63.63%)
4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

February 21st, 2016 at 12:20:49 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: terapined

The incidents of protests AZ refer too are few and far between
That's because BLM supporters like me do not agree with those protest tactics and argue against them in the moveent
The overall Black Lives Matter movement is a decentralized network and has no formal hierarchy or structure.

That's just what happens with groups, which is why I subscribe to a serious few. Do we not demonize the church despite its philanthropy? The GOP? Penn State? If an organization has a cancer and does nothing about it, it becomes a cancer itself.

Birds of a feather, man. It might not be wholly accurate, but it's a cliche for a reason.

How can being against police brutality be fraudulent concept?

How can one claim it's about "police brutality"? The incident that started it all involved zero police officers. The incident that really fired it up was the legitimate killing of a violent criminal. It wasn't until Eric Garner that they finally struck a possible real example, but by then it was too late. First impressions matter.

All of these movements are asinine and worthless. Worse, they're divisive and exclusionary. Really, what is needed is a movement called "Don't be a c#$%". Every single bit of everything is completely summed up in those four words. Every bit of proper law, all of the Commandments, most of the Constitution, and the very thread morality is woven from all boils down to that. "Don't be a c#$%."

A lot of things matter. Black folk, white folk, and all shades in between acting a fool and getting killed are not one of them.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 21st, 2016 at 12:41:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Face
But to align yourselves with people who defend Brown? A guy who robbed a store, assaulted a shopkeep, and then fought with an officer? A guy who was rightfully shot dead by an officer who wasn't even indicted, who by all accounts played it by the book. BLM defends this man. BLM was present and involved in the ensuing riots.

I agree with your perception of the Brown incident except for the part involving the officer. I think the officer was shady, and very carefully CYA'd his story.

Personally, I believe Brown fought with the officer -- I think he added and he "reached for my gun."
No doubt, Brown ran at the officer (I believe the officer added "his hand was in his pants as he ran" so he had a justification for shooting him.

It doesn't add up. Brown already had a gun but chose a charging position to rush the officer first. I've never seen the situation on a various surveillance tapes and I don't believe it. Guys may pull a gun and start advancing. But I've never seen a guy run towards another armed person who he knows is armed and try to pull the gun out of his pants.

Also, Brown was fighting for a the cop's gun, when he could have just pulled his own? I think the cop was lying but there's no real witness who is close and reliable.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 21st, 2016 at 1:56:23 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: AcesAndEights
Quote: AZDuffman
What many people misunderestimate...

You realize that this is not a word, right? It is a Bush-ism like strategery.

I realize you probably have a shrine to W in your living room, but frankly it makes you sound uneducated.

"Strategery" isn't a Bush-ism, it is a James Downey-ism, with Will Ferrell delivering the word as George Bush on SNL.

Others, including Bush, have used the term, but it started on SNL.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 21st, 2016 at 3:33:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

You realize that this is not a word, right? It is a Bush-ism like strategery.

Do you understand dry humor?
The President is a fink.
February 21st, 2016 at 3:37:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman

He has a gun. He is obviously nuts. It all equals to gun

He is also wearing a hat, why not call him a "hat-nut?"

Quote:
By the way this crazy individual does not represent honest conservative law abiding gun owners

I point out right wing extremists for entertainment but they in no way represent the right wing
You point out left wing extremists and have the misguided notion that these nuts represent the left wing

That is kind of funny, because as soon as a gun crime happens all kinds of folks on the left blame the NRA and not the perp.

Quote:
You are so outraged by nogo zones, I thought you would speak up about this one.
Guns were the issue
That's how the clowns created the nogo zone
Without guns, they would have been rightfully arrested immediately

Sorry, but I do not see how this equates to Muslim no-go zones in places from Paris to Dearborn. You may have to explain it better.
The President is a fink.
February 21st, 2016 at 4:30:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
He is also wearing a hat, why not call him a "hat-nut?"

If he was Oddjob from Goldfinger, yea hat-nut fits :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 21st, 2016 at 5:40:29 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
Really, what is needed is a movement called "Don't be a c#$%". Every single bit of everything is completely summed up in those four words. Every bit of proper law, all of the Commandments, most of the Constitution, and the very thread morality is woven from all boils down to that. "Don't be a c#$%."

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously though, we may need to focus group this movement in the UK. Probably would need to use a different word...meaning is a bit different across the pond.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
February 21st, 2016 at 5:41:46 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Do you understand dry humor?

Tone doesn't come across the internet well, but I didn't sense any humor in your post and there is very little humor in this thread.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
February 22nd, 2016 at 3:27:31 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously though, we may need to focus group this movement in the UK. Probably would need to use a different word...meaning is a bit different across the pond.

Your support is appreciated, and will be needed come the revolution.

I'll of course defer all such matters pertaining to the monarchy to parliament member TheCesspit. Emigrated or no, he's the only rosbif I got. Operation Cupid Stunt lies in his very capable hands ;)

Quote: rxwine
I agree with your perception of the Brown incident except for the part involving the officer. I think the officer was shady, and very carefully CYA'd his story.

Personally, I believe Brown fought with the officer -- I think he added and he "reached for my gun."
No doubt, Brown ran at the officer (I believe the officer added "his hand was in his pants as he ran" so he had a justification for shooting him.

It doesn't add up. Brown already had a gun but chose a charging position to rush the officer first. I've never seen the situation on a various surveillance tapes and I don't believe it. Guys may pull a gun and start advancing. But I've never seen a guy run towards another armed person who he knows is armed and try to pull the gun out of his pants.

Also, Brown was fighting for a the cop's gun, when he could have just pulled his own? I think the cop was lying but there's no real witness who is close and reliable.

Perhaps there are holes; I was never very well read on this story. But, it all ends with "fought with". Use of Force, although fluid, is still pretty clear. You use the minimum force needed to compel compliance. Sometimes it's no more than presence. Cop shows up, kids scatter, that's Level One UoF. Once you get up to "fought with", you're past presence, past verbal and body languages, past verbal commands. Bare minimum, you're at physical force.

Now, Zsa Zsa Gabor slaps you, you can't just put two in her chest. It's unreasonable for an able bodied, physically fit man to need deadly force to protect himself from an old woman. But if another able bodied man attacks you or even threatens to attack you, you, I, all cops and all civs have a right to use physical force to protect themselves.

Brown was an 18yr old man mountain. It is not reasonable to expect a wrist hold to protect oneself from bodily harm. In this situation, use of a "deadly weapon" is prudent, where "deadly weapon" refers to the legal definition, that being an object with which to inflict both mortal and/or great bodily harm. A blackjack, a baton, a bat, an axe, a taser, and yes, a firearm.

If someone fights with me and then retreats, I have no authority to then plunk him. I can plunk him as he approaches (defense from assault) I can plunk him while he's fighting (defense from battery), but plunking him as he retreats or after he has retreated is murder. But if he retreats and then comes back, it's assault all over again, with reasonable cause to suspect another battery, all of which are defensible using deadly force even here in the People's Republic.

All the rest is likely PR, maybe a defense against a civil suit. But no way would anyone be convicted of using a gun in that case. No way should anyone be shamed for defending themselves like that. Applause lands on the cop, shame with the perp. BLM wants to flip that, god knows why.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 24th, 2016 at 3:18:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman

I support Black Lives matter.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Interrupt Mag Mile Demonstration In Support Of Apple
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 23<123456>Last »