Threads: 135
‘Black Lives Matter’ chapter throws blacks-only Memorial Day party

More of the same from BLM!
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2018 at 7:14:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released

Assuming this is not ignored totally, it could get interesting. This is a NAACP leader making a false charge. I'd look for the NAACP to circle the wagons and refuse to ask him to resign. Meanwhile, lots of stories about "what about real profiling?"

Lost in the shuffle will be the poor cop who just did a professional job.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2018 at 8:25:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

When you admit Alex (Newtown was faked) Jones represents all conservatives, I will address the above
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 21st, 2018 at 5:01:36 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: terapined

When you admit Alex (Newtown was faked) Jones represents all conservatives, I will address the above

I know AZD loves his Rush. I don't recall him going Alex Jones on us. Nor a statement from him that "(He) is Infowars".

You have stated you stand by them. You said you are them.

Can you see why you are challenged?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 21st, 2018 at 5:27:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Face
I know AZD loves his Rush. I don't recall him going Alex Jones on us. Nor a statement from him that "(He) is Infowars".

I didn't even realize I was challenging anyone. I was just pointing out what happened when the cops had a body camera. I have an issue that I think body cameras will cause less judgment by cops in fear of getting in trouble. I don't know how many tickets I have gotten out of in my life. OTOH, I have seen more than once cries of discrimination where there was none, and I am not a cop!

I was also (and don't think I am yelling at you, not doing that at all) pointing out how bad this is for the NAACP. A fairly high level member claimed "profiling," "driving while black," and outright police abuse. And it was all a lie. A lie from someone who is supposedly fighting for civil rights. All he did was amp things up.

FWIW, I know what the reply would have been anyhow. Anyone else wants to discuss, please discuss.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2018 at 6:39:23 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face

He posted a story about fake BLM
Check with me and I will let you know
Its a diverse group of individuals just as conservatives are diverse a diverse group of individuals. No individual or small clique speaks for the group itself.
I believe Black Lives matter.
Wow, simply because I believe that statement, I am now joined at the hip with radicals?
If I criticize Israel, does that make me anti-jew?
If i believe that there have been atrocities against Palestinians, does that make me pro terrorist?

Come on. Somebody in a loose group i support does something racist and now I am a racist? I condemn all racism regardless if its a cop or BLM. Every group has their extremist a**holes. Conservatives and libs. I consider Alex Jones an a**hole. I consider any racists in BLM a**hole. Fake BLM does not represent BLM
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 21st, 2018 at 7:07:40 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
How do you know who is fake BLM and who is real BLM? It appears you are the jury of 1. Maybe you could share the research on which you base your decision. What percentage of of BLM members are racist and therefore by your definition fake. What percentage are "real BLM". Does it matter which side is the majority? Your rules about how you decide what to believe and what is true doesn't sound a lot different from a radical on either side of any issue. Those who are on the side you believe in, but don't do what you want are just "outliers' and can be ignored.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 22nd, 2018 at 1:41:30 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
This has been a hard thread for me. Everytime I saw BLM I kept thinking of Bureau of Land Management. Finally realized its Black Lives Matter. I think its some sort of rabble rousing group that marches everytime a black gets killed by a cop, particularly by a white cop. Often ignoring issues of whether it was in fact justified or whether racism was actually involved.

I think juries usually adopt the Black Lives Matter But White Lives Matter More attitude and cops rarely get indicted and if indicted rarely get convicted. Australians were more enraged than Americans when a Somalia born cop shot and killed a woman who knocked on the driver's side window of a cop car.
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:26:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Come on. Somebody in a loose group i support does something racist and now I am a racist? I condemn all racism regardless if its a cop or BLM.

You still do not get it. It is not "someone" in BLM acting racist and violent, it is large swaths of the group.

You did not just say "I support BLM." You said, many times, "I AM BLM!" (emphasis yours.)

You do not get to pick and choose "fake" BLM when you make bold statements like that. You do not get a get out of jail fre ye card by "condemning racism." You do not get to cry about something someone said about some other thing somewhere else totally unrelated and say "there is bad all over." These excuses are quite honestly childish. And old.

If you were to say, "I liked the group's original stated mission, but the group changed," then I would give some respect. You have never done that. In fact, in this most recent post you just restate the same old, same old. Have fun supporting a racist group and insisting it is not a racist group. I really do not care.

Any comment on the point that the NAACP leader blatantly lied about his treatment by the cops? Any comment beyond "condemning making false statements?"
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2018 at 2:32:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
I think its some sort of rabble rousing group that marches everytime a black gets killed by a cop, particularly by a white cop. Often ignoring issues of whether it was in fact justified or whether racism was actually involved.

One thing I have learned is how much many everyday Blacks just hate cops. I am talking white collar guys I have worked with. Law abiding guys. They seem to take any arrest of a Black anywhere personal. Note that the BLM movement never really addressed the little kid in Cleveland that got shot because he had a toy gun. Then note that every time the movement did fire up, it was for a guy who was engaged in criminal behavior and it escalated. Never, ever for something accidental to a good citizen.

That is why most White do not support the movement and the cops get acquitted.
The President is a fink.
Page 21 of 23« First<181920212223>