No votes (0%)
7 votes (63.63%)
4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

March 6th, 2016 at 6:11:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Uh, no. Millions of blacks walk the streets daily and the cops drive right by.

Uh no
Millions of blacks walk the streets daily and the cops drive right by and some will stop one for no good reason.
This is not about suspicious behavior.
It about racism

I support good cops doing a good job
I am against bad cops doing a bad job
Why is that so hard for you to understand?????????????

I'm a deadhead. Its a bunch of individuals. I support deadheads in general but not every single individual act
I'm a BLM supporter. Its a bunch of individuals. I support BLM in general but not every single individual act

Again
If a BLM protestor is peaceful, I support that protester
If a BLM protestor is violent or disruptive, I do not support that protestor.

Take Ghandi in India.
During the protests for Independence
Ghandi always supported peaceful protestors for independence
Some protests turned violent, Ghandi was against those protesters
I can imagine AZ telling Ghandi - No you have to be for all the protestors including violent, you are not allowed to just support just the peaceful protestors
Is this how you view Ghandi?
If not
Then just view me as Ghandi with regard to what protests I support :-)

Be aware, Breibart will not cover a peaceful BLM protest, not news worthy to them. They do happen
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 6th, 2016 at 7:15:47 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Terapined are you against all bad cops or only those that become involved with blacks? There are many white/hispanic/moslems that have problems with trigger happy cops that don't live to talk about it. The other groups see it a a police problem not a race problem. It is only the blacks that want to present it as a race problem and unique to them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 6th, 2016 at 7:28:40 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
Terapined are you against all bad cops or only those that become involved with blacks? There are many white/hispanic/moslems that have problems with trigger happy cops that don't live to talk about it. The other groups see it a a police problem not a race problem. It is only the blacks that want to present it as a race problem and unique to them.

Against all bad cops
It is a police problem
Transgender lives matter
Gay lives matter
Immigrant lives matter
Your life matters
Black lives matter
Biracial (me) lives matter

Its not about a cop investigating suspicious behavior
They should investigate suspicious behavior
If a black is acting suspiciously, the police should investigate
but
simply being black is not suspicious behavior
therefore
Its about unequal treatment in equal situations
I'm considered white due to my appearance
Some bad cops
see me walking down a street and don't care
see a Black in the same exact situation and treat that black differently
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 6th, 2016 at 7:51:18 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Against all bad cops

Its about unequal treatment in equal situations
I'm considered white due to my appearance
Some bad cops
see me walking down a street and don't care
see a Black in the same exact situation and treat that black differently

The problem is that your assumption is very difficult to prove or test. When you walk down the street do you swagger and radiate attitude daring police to get in your way or do you just go about your business. Statistics don't look at this they look at raw numbers which don't prove anything one way or the other. BLM just makes the issue worse by encouraging people to make every interaction a confrontation. Allowing even the assholes to justify what ever might have happened because it only happened because they were black.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 6th, 2016 at 8:29:08 PM permalink
terapined
. When you walk down the street do you swagger and radiate attitude daring police to get in your way or do you just go about your business.

Do you have a predisposition in the way a black person walks and a white person walks?

Anyway, its about " just go about your business" walks for blacks or whites
Just as I walk down a street just going about my business, A black person can be doing the same exact walk (no swagger) and MAY garner unfair suspicion and harassment.

BLM is filled with many individuals with many different views
There is no organization
I as a BLM supporter do not encourage people to make every interaction with the police a confrontation

I have Black neighbors
I work with Blacks
That's why I support BLM
Just because these are somewhat affluent Blacks doesn't make them less black then say those with less economic status
March 6th, 2016 at 9:48:00 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
If a black walks down the same street,....

Thank you for saying "black". I absolutely hate the term African-American. If you're comfortable saying "white" or "a white", then say "black" the same way. If you can't, then you're probably racist.
March 7th, 2016 at 2:41:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The problem is that your assumption is very difficult to prove or test. When you walk down the street do you swagger and radiate attitude daring police to get in your way or do you just go about your business. Statistics don't look at this they look at raw numbers which don't prove anything one way or the other. BLM just makes the issue worse by encouraging people to make every interaction a confrontation. Allowing even the assholes to justify what ever might have happened because it only happened because they were black.

This is what so many folk refuse to understand. Cops get a street instinct about who is looking for trouble or up to no good. The people BLM has come to the defense of were troublemakers. A guy beating another guy on the ground for one example. BLM is like the burnouts in high school who daily pushed things to the edge then when confronted would say, "come'on Nr. Casey, we weren't doing anything!"
The President is a fink.
March 7th, 2016 at 4:06:47 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
This is what so many folk refuse to understand. !"

I absolutely agree
You don't get it at all
I keep referring to my black co workers and neighbors that support BLM
Good hard working honest people
That's why I support BLM

But for some reason in your eyes they are not real blacks
If you find a black thug, that's what you point to and ignore an entire diverse population of Blacks college students, business people, home owners ect
Black college students, home owners, business owners ect get harassed simply due to color. But because they are not thugs, you ignore their plight because to you these Black lives don't matter to you.

If BLM defends a thug, its wrong
IF BLM defends a Black person harassed for no reason except they are Black, I support BLM

There is no BLM organization
Its a diverse group of individuals, some I support, some I don't

If Breibart reports a BLM protest regarding defending a thug, I will be against
If Breibart ignores a peaceful BLM protest regarding a bad cop, I am for

I am like Ghandi, support peace and peaceful protestors, against thugs and violent protests
March 7th, 2016 at 3:09:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

But for some reason in your eyes they are not real blacks

Can't see where I said that. But just because they are black does not mean they are part of BLM

Quote:
If BLM defends a thug, its wrong
IF BLM defends a Black person harassed for no reason except they are Black, I support BLM

Well, looking at the news all they defend are thugs. I have not seen them harass a person "just because they are black."

Quote:
There is no BLM organization
Its a diverse group of individuals, some I support, some I don't

Sorry to break this to you, but there is a BLM organization. It is mostly local chapters without a single leading group, but they have group meetings and everything. They coordinate meetings and actions. Some are planning to riot at the GOP convention for some reason. Just because there is not one "national" group does not mean they are not a group.

I just am looking for something they have done that you support.
The President is a fink.
March 7th, 2016 at 4:51:53 PM permalink
terapined