No votes (0%)
7 votes (63.63%)
4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

March 7th, 2016 at 5:23:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/peaceful-black-lives-matter-protest-does-not-disrupt-twin-cities-marathon

Black Lives Matter has changed its original plan and will not interfere with runners in Sunday's Twin Cities Marathon, the Star Tribune reports.

Seems their plan was not to be nice and cuddly at first:

"Rashad Turner, the leader of the St. Paul arm of Black Lives Matter, made the announcement after meeting with St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman on Thursday morning."

This was from a hyper-link in your own source. Now wait a minute, I thought they were not a "group" of any kind? Seems they must be, what that they had a leader who met with the mayor and others followed. That the mayor had to "ask" them to not disrupt says quite a bit.
The President is a fink.
March 7th, 2016 at 5:47:57 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Agreeing not to disrupt says quite a bit :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2016 at 2:05:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors has announced that "any opportunity we have to shut down a Republican convention, we will."

This is at the highest level. Why they are protesting the GOP is strange as Ferguson and Baltimore are Democrat-run cities. Given the recent demonstrations against Trump, it is easy to see this leading to violence.

As she is a co-founder I would have to say supporting BLM means supporting her.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2016 at 4:01:18 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors has announced that "any opportunity we have to shut down a Republican convention, we will."

This is at the highest level. Why they are protesting the GOP is strange as Ferguson and Baltimore are Democrat-run cities. Given the recent demonstrations against Trump, it is easy to see this leading to violence.

As she is a co-founder I would have to say supporting BLM means supporting her.

Here is realty in the real world
I was with BLM protesters today :-)
yup
Trump rally Tampa Bay Convention center
Totally peaceful
Patrisse Cullors is a clown that doesn't speak for actual BLM protesters out on the front line like me protesting peacefully
Just as there are rino's. She is not real BLM. I did not see her among us BLM protesters. Real BLM are protesters protesting peacefully
She is BLM in name only. Meaningless. No way this BLM protester listens to that clown. Just as true republicans don't listen to fake republicans.
I am a BLM protester
I have protested
It was peaceful
It was actually quite wonderful, lots of interactions and many passionate discussions with Trump supporters
Everybody was very civil and pretty much agreed to disagree.
Really no tension in the air. Somewhat a festive attitude on both sides

Yes, it says they should think twice about pulling their usual nonsense in a room of alpha-males and those that respect alpha-males..

Have you been to a rally?
Trump supporters are not a bunch of alpha males. The reality are very very few that would fit that category.
Pretty much the same makeup I would see in my neighborhood grocery store.
Just a regular crowd of young , middle age and a lot of old males and females mostly white. I never ever got the feeling I was surrounded by alpha males
Go BLM peaceful protests
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2016 at 4:47:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Patrisse Cullors is a clown that doesn't speak for actual BLM protesters out on the front line like me protesting peacefully
Just as there are rino's. She is not real BLM.

She is credited as a co-founder and urging BLM to shut down the GOP convention. I guess she did not get the memo about being peaceful

Quote:
Have you been to a rally?

A BLM rally? Nope, would never go to one. The group has shown a propensity towards violence and racism towards whites. At some meetings whites were banned outright. I also have no desire to support a group who defends thugs who attack cops. Sorry. If I go to a rally it would be a Tea Party rally with people who share my belief in personal responsibility and limited government. I have not seen BLM speak out for this, though I have seen some at rallies suggesting reparations for slavery. If you are with all that by all means show up.

Quote:
Just a regular crowd of young , middle age and a lot of old males and females mostly white.

I love how liberals make it seem like there is something wrong when white people support a candidate or are the majority at a rally. The lamestream media always reported Tea Party rallies like that. Yet if you say "mostly black" then it is some kind of racist statement.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2016 at 5:43:58 PM permalink
terapined
She is credited as a co-founder and urging BLM to shut down the GOP convention. I guess she did not get the memo about being peaceful

Republicans in congress say they represent Republicans and urge voters to re-elect them
Hmm, I guess the republicans in congress did not get the memo to actually be republicans
Every Trump supporter I spoke to today say they are republican and those in congress are not true republicans
I am a BLM protester and same as the Trump supporters, that woman does not represent real true BLM

Why do you take the absurd view that its alright for republicans to not support other republicans leaders
but
I must support every person that claims they lead BLM
Its absurd and illogical
March 14th, 2016 at 6:12:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman

I am a BLM protester and same as the Trump supporters, that woman does not represent real true BLM

Why do you take the absurd view that its alright for republicans to not support other republicans leaders
but
I must support every person that claims they lead BLM
Its absurd and illogical

The woman is a BLM co-founder. She speaks for BLM.

Nobody is saying, "I support the GOP!" Not these days. They might support Trump, Cruz, or Rubio. But few say, "I support the GOP!"

You have stated quite direct that you support BLM. Your exact words in fact were "I support BLM!" BLM has clearly taken a confrontational and at times violent stance. You still say you support BLM. Are you a BLMINO?

To say you support a group then state you are against pretty much every leader the group has as well as most of the actions it takes is what is illogical.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2016 at 6:27:04 PM permalink
terapined
The woman is a BLM co-founder. She speaks for BLM. .

No she doesn't
She does not speak for me
I am also BLM
There are BLM protests that have turned confrontational.
That's not true BLM
The peaceful protesters I protested with today are true BLM
I am true BLM. She is a fake just as Republicans in congress are actually fake republicans
Republicans I spoke to today say they are true republicans and all the republican leaders in Washington are fakes
March 14th, 2016 at 6:37:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
No she doesn't
She does not speak for me
I am also BLM

She is a co-founder. So you might want to find a new group or else learn what BLM is really about.

There are BLM protests that have turned confrontational.
That's not true BLM

BLM claims that they are. See above. I do not think you realize what BLM is and what their goals are. You seem to be denouncing the majority of what the group says and does.
The President is a fink.
March 14th, 2016 at 6:40:43 PM permalink
terapined
She is a co-founder. So you might want to find a new group or else learn what BLM is really about.

I am real BLM
she is a fake
I know what my goals are because I am real BLM