4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

August 23rd, 2016 at 5:09:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
I have solutions that would have saved those children
Make killing illegal is not a solution, its already illegal

So, what is your solution? Bearing in mind that you cannot just make something illegal.

Quote:
Sure I do. I'm picking and choosing.
"You do not get to pick and choose" Where does this come from? What on this planet can prevent me from picking and choosing

It comes from simple reality. See, growing up I was taught like most middle-class white boys to be careful who I chose to hang out with. I was taught no matter what you were actually doing, you would be judged by the crowd you were with. In high school there was a group known as "burnouts." They wore tattered jeans and denim jackets. They usually were causing one kind of trouble or another. People knew this and when someone was dressed that way was around they got lots of extra scrutiny.

Now, they could cry all they wanted and say they were not a "true burnout" but just liked dressing that way. Or keeping friends with burnouts. But everyone from teachers to shop owners to cops would treat them like a burnout. They were judged by who they associated with.

BLM has a history of disrupting people at breakfast. Of blocking traffic. Of riots. And of beating whites. This is not disputable. it has been seen, reported on, and taped. Now, if you choose to associate with this kind of group you will be associated with this. You can complain about "true" or not-true BLM. You are associated with these disruptive to criminal group acts.

You might pick and choose for yourself, but the rest of society is not.
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2016 at 5:30:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

It comes from simple reality. See, growing up I was taught like most middle-class white boys to be careful who I chose to hang out with. I was taught no matter what you were actually doing, you would be judged by the crowd you were with. In high school there was a group known as "burnouts." .

I was taught different
I was taught that character was more important then appearance.
So what if somebody looked like a burnout. To me its meaningless.
I was taught to hang out with whoever I chose. Friends are friends.
People that judge due to the crowd you hang with are the fakes
People that are cool to each other regardless of appearance and hang out crowds were the cool people in school
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 23rd, 2016 at 5:39:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman

So, then you never dress better for a job interview, for example?
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2016 at 5:39:55 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face
Maple Leafs had the best record in the East last year.
Not the Leafs that lost 42 games. The Leafs that won 29.
First place.
Finally did it.

The other Leafs were the ones in last. That's not true Leafs.
True Leafs won the East.
I support true Leafs.
Losing 42 is not true Leafs.

#Blue and White Matters.

/mirror
/reflection

Can you see what he's pointing out? What I have tried to before?

The below is tongue and cheek, illogical logic
Hockey fans don't get to pick and choose
Its a violent sport
Hockey fans support fighting therefore they are violent
Hockey fans have a history of violence
2011: Furious fans run riot in Vancouver after the Canucks lose the Stanley Cup final to the Boston Bruins. Cars and garbage cans were set ablaze, beer bottles were thrown at outdoor viewing screens and broken glass littered the streets.
2010: Looters smashed windows and clashed with police on Montreal's Ste-Catherine St. after the Canadiens defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in the final game of the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. At least 25 people were arrested.
2008: Cars were burned and downtown stores were trashed after the Canadiens beat the Boston Bruins to advance to the second round that season's playoffs.
2006: When the Edmonton Oilers clinched the Western Conference title and advanced to the Stanley Cup playoffs, fans began setting fires and looting along Whyte Ave. Police made about 15 arrests and reprimanded hockey lovers for partying irresponsibly. The Oilers went on to lose the final.
1994: Fans disappointed by the Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup final loss to the New York Rangers flooded downtown streets after the deciding match, smashing windows and causing more than a million dollars in damage. Both city police and the RCMP were called in to subdue the crowd believed to number at least 50,000. More than 200 people were injured, the most serious being a teenager who was shot in the head by police with a rubber bullet and suffered permanent brain damage.
1993: Montreal's Stanley Cup victory over the Los Angeles Kings turned ugly when fans began vandalizing stores and setting police cars ablaze. Nearly 170 people were injured and more than 100 were arrested. The violence caused an estimated $2.5 million in damage.
1986 - Some 5,000 jubilant Montreal fans celebrating the Canadiens' Stanely Cup win over the Calgary Flames rampaged through the city's downtown. Officials were so poorly prepared that Quebec courts ruled police criminally negligent.
1955: Violence broke out in the streets of Montreal after star forward Maurice Richard was handed a stiff suspension. Richard broke his stick over a Boston Bruins player and hit a linesmen, causing the NHL to suspend him for all remaining games including potential playoff matches. Habs fans rioted in protest of the ruling, which many interpreted as a prejudicial decision based in part on Richard's francophone heritage. There were roughly 100 arrests and $100,000 worth of property damage during the riot.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/40857-Heres-a-list-of-significant-hockey-riots-in-Canada.html

If you support Hockey, then you support violence, on the ice and off
touche :-)
This is all in jest, I do not truly believe that hockey fans support violence overall, just taking AZ's logic in another direction :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 23rd, 2016 at 5:42:05 PM permalink
terapined
So, then you never dress better for a job interview, for example?

Of course I dress up
but
August 23rd, 2016 at 5:46:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Of course I dress up
but

I don't get it? Why do you dress up then? I mean, it doesn't matter, or at least is of minimal importance, didn't you just say that?
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2016 at 5:53:22 PM permalink
terapined
I don't get it? Why do you dress up then? I mean, it doesn't matter, or at least is of minimal importance, didn't you just say that?

?????
I said "more"
If you have zero character, dressing up is meaningless
If you have great character and dress nicely for an interview
well
Character is more important then appearance
August 23rd, 2016 at 6:00:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
?????
I said "more"
If you have zero character, dressing up is meaningless
If you have great character and dress nicely for an interview
well
Character is more important then appearance

I still don't get it. If character is so much more important, then why do you at all worry to dress nice for an interview?
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2016 at 6:05:22 PM permalink
terapined
I still don't get it. If character is so much more important, then why do you at all worry to dress nice for an interview?

Then you don't get it
sorry
September 17th, 2016 at 6:39:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
In other words, feed the animals, but keep them at an arms length.

The above is the thoughts of Nancy Pelosi in an email about dealing with True BLM members.
The President is a fink.