Poll
13 votes (50%)
10 votes (38.46%)
3 votes (11.53%)

26 members have voted

April 22nd, 2016 at 6:22:08 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Wouldn't the long term answer that would be best for almost everyone be to also include unisex bathrooms in the building/heath codes? I am not saying to remove the current Men's/Women's restroom but add a third choice. It could even be limited to a single person unisex restroom at the business owners discretion.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 22nd, 2016 at 6:37:44 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Hmm, seems like just another case of Big Government solving a non-problem using the businessman's money.

How about use the bathroom of your choice? The guys don't care. At least the guys I know who are real men and not hung up on all this petty stuff.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
April 22nd, 2016 at 10:25:29 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The hits just keep coming for NC due to that absurd HB2 bill

The National Organization for Victim Assistance just canceled their event in NC
1516 hotel room nights canceled
That aint chump change

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article73023232.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 22nd, 2016 at 10:50:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Yes. Bring back B9.

But only if we can nuke him for a third time after a few days...

hehehe

Geez, I'm blocking this thread. Now that ams288
is here, as usual he drags any thread he's in down
to his level of discourse and I don't have time for
it. It's the reason I don't post in the election thread
on WoV anymore.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 22nd, 2016 at 10:58:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
But I made the post in regard to a silly post about keeping men out of the men's room because some men molest young boys. The poster can't seem to defend the idea of men in the ladies room on it's merits so he decided to make a faulty analogy. I merely showed that if he is concerned about young boys then it is the gays that he needs to worry about.

The merit you've shown is you're willing to make laws against people for gender issues where no crime has been shown.

Where's the merit?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 22nd, 2016 at 12:11:14 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Geez, I'm blocking this thread. Now that ams288
is here, as usual he drags any thread he's in down
to his level of discourse and I don't have time for
it. It's the reason I don't post in the election thread
on WoV anymore.

Bye bye.

Oh wait. He won't see this because it's blocked.

*shrug*

I'm off to Target to use the bathroom. (Men's room, of course).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 22nd, 2016 at 12:13:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donald Trump kinda backtracked on his semi-liberal position on this issue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-north-carolina-transgender-bathroom-law-election-2016/

Now he says it should be left up to the states to decide.

Of course, North Carolina (a state), did decide to make a law about this and Donald Trump criticized the law. So once again, who knows what he actually thinks?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 22nd, 2016 at 12:27:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Donald Trump kinda backtracked on his semi-liberal position on this issue.

Man I didn't even get time to give Donald a little credit before he disappointed me.

~

Even if these laws are able to pass constitutional muster,(which I doubt) there's always this:

You get an activist, born a woman, but with some masculine features --and with a little work you can make her look like a badly disguised man. Then you need a couple people with cell phone for video, and send her to the places most likely to prevent her from going into the ladies' bathroom. Heaven help them if they go to any physical actions to stop her from entering or leaving or using the bathroom. It would be terrible if she was trying to go because she had bad diarrhea, as it later turns out she did.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 22nd, 2016 at 12:28:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
The merit you've shown is you're willing to make laws against people for gender issues where no crime has been shown.

Where's the merit?

Well, until lately nobody has said we need to let men who are afraid to use the men's room into the ladies room. Somehow now we need to do that.

Someone beat me to it, but I was going to suggest the same thing about future building codes having a provision for a single restroom that could be used by both disabled folks and men afraid of the men's room. Put it in for new builds or major remodels only, not a forced retrofit. However, this would not satisfy the left who is using the issue to help in their quest to get rid of all gender identities.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2016 at 3:03:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
...for a single restroom that could be used by both disabled folks and men afraid of the men's room.
It's easy to see you have never been in a wheelchair, waiting for someone with complete bodily functions, to use the handicapped stall.

Do you have something against the disabled, as well?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW