10 votes (38.46%)
3 votes (11.53%)

26 members have voted

April 26th, 2016 at 7:45:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Regarding the boycott of Target because they support LGBT rights

Its actually tough to avoid ALL the pro LGBT companies

Want to discuss the subject on social media then Facebook, Twitter and Google are out
Want to travel, have to avoid American, United, Southwest, JetBlue, and Alaska Airlines
Driving? Have to avoid Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, or Volkswagen
Use a bank? cant use Chase, Bank of America, Citi, and Wells Fargo
May have to pay with cash only since Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover support LGBT rights
Watch a movie? Slim choices because Sony, Universal, Paramount, Disney, and Warner Bros all support LGBT
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 29th, 2016 at 9:41:39 AM permalink
terapined
Megyn Kelly schools NC Gov Mccrory on the HB2 bill :-)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 29th, 2016 at 10:47:37 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Megyn Kelly schools NC Gov Mccrory on the HB2 bill :-)

I didn't get "schooling" out of that. She did say she had had to use the womens bathroom "her whole life". meh Even in my most obnoxious drinking days, I wouldn't have followed her in, but may have fantasized about it, and just peed outside somewhere? I thought the guy represented himself pretty well considering what she was tossing his way. Her comments were prepared, he had to answer "off the cuff".

He brought up some decent points, I thought. One is, never ever go into a rest stop along the hwy, unarmed. And I don't feel threatened at all by LGBT. But those places are dangerous anyway.

I do support private business's right to refuse service to anyone. I don't support bias. I have had small business's and try to accommodate people, but there is a limit that someone trying to make a living should not have to cross, with either customers or employees.

Watching this vid is the total of the attention I have given this whole issue, and it is now 5 minutes of my life I can't get back. I don't think this should be national news, like many topics that are. I think it is a diversion to keep people from thinking about what the real issues are.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 29th, 2016 at 12:11:11 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Just out of curiosity, where would the Ted Cruz side of this debate have Caitlyn Jenner use the bathroom?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 29th, 2016 at 12:35:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Wizard
Just out of curiosity, where would the Ted Cruz side of this debate have Caitlyn Jenner use the bathroom?

"At home."

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/04/26/3772708/ted-cruz-transgender-bathrooms-at-home/
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 2nd, 2016 at 2:33:10 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
Mark my words: there will be more radical right wing James O'Keefe-types pretending to be transgender and going into the wrong bathroom to try to prove a point than there will be "predators."

Well, I called it:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/anti-lgbt-activists-testing-target-sending-men-womens-rooms

Radical right-wingers are so predictable.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2016 at 6:01:39 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288

Thus far what they've been able to show makes actual sense is to keep Conservatives out of all public restrooms.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 3rd, 2016 at 11:55:41 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Nareed
Thus far what they've been able to show makes actual sense is to keep Conservatives out of all public restrooms.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/protesters-invade-target-stores-to-preach_us_5728acf7e4b0bc9cb044862e

Maybe they shouldn't even be allowed in stores
Christian hate is ugly because its not a real Christian value
The below is not a Christian, just a conservative a-hole

May 3rd, 2016 at 3:03:06 PM permalink
terapined
May 6th, 2016 at 8:54:16 AM permalink
terapined
The Gov of NC that signed that anti-LGBT bill just apologized to Bruce Springsteen
The Gov was doing a radio Interview
During the show the NC Gov just ripped into Bruce

"By the way, they only had 8,000 tickets sold, with all respect. Bruce doesn’t mention that. They didn’t quite get the tickets sales they wanted, might have had something to do with it.”
“For him to cancel the concert, two days before the concert, over a bathroom policy — I doubt he read it. I doubt he understands it"

WTF
This is Bruce Springsteen
Greensboro Coliseum also went WTF
Coliseum holds 20k but due to the stage setup, they were only selling 16k
Actual sales was 15900 tickets sold. Just a 100 short of a sellout and those would have sold day of show
Where is the Gov getting his info from?
Total diss saying only 8k sold when the number is double
Bruce is a major act, He has to play coliseums due to the huge gigantic demand.
What a clown for a Gov
The Gov eventually apologized :-)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/why-north-carolina%e2%80%99s-governor-had-to-apologize-to-bruce-springsteen/ar-BBsHHw6?ocid=spartandhp