Poll
13 votes (50%)
10 votes (38.46%)
3 votes (11.53%)

26 members have voted

March 30th, 2016 at 7:03:41 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
This is so confusing. Why is the woman in the gay bar? Is she a lesbian woman? Why in a gay bar does a man sexually assault a woman? I don't get it.
March 30th, 2016 at 8:27:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: pew
This is so confusing. Why is the woman in the gay bar? Is she a lesbian woman? Why in a gay bar does a man sexually assault a woman? I don't get it.

A gay bar does not mean everybody is gay
A gay bar is welcoming to everyone, especially gays
But if you are straight and want to have a drink in a gay bar, you can
Rapes happen everywhere, gay bars, churches, coast guard ect
Woman are not safe anywhere in this country
We must be vigilant against rape, especially in places we think Woman are safe because in reality no place is completely safe for woman in this country
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2016 at 1:07:59 PM permalink
pew
I understand all that, but something doesn't sound right about the story. Maybe they knew each other or something. There is more to this than meets the eye or there's a lot more rape going on in common every day places than is generally known. How could someone do that in a place with people around unless maybe they want to get caught.
March 30th, 2016 at 1:59:17 PM permalink
terapined
How could someone do that in a place with people around unless maybe they want to get caught.

restroom
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 30th, 2016 at 2:19:45 PM permalink
pew
Quote: terapined
restroom
Scream.
March 30th, 2016 at 3:08:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The more I think about it the more I think it is a case of how we have lost the language. I think what really happened was the victim was not a woman but a transvestite male. Said males are more and more claiming they are a woman and being humored by others around them being called "she" and referred to the same.

The perpetrator was likely a gay male who preferred effeminate males. Both were probably regulars at the gay bar. Eventually the victim got loaded and the attack happened. What came before I will not speculate as it could have been anything.
The President is a fink.
April 5th, 2016 at 11:11:50 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: AZDuffman
Use the restroom proper for your birth gender or hold it until you get home. Simple common sense.

It's not always "simple." This man was born a woman, so the government bureaucrats pass a law, forcing him to pee with the ladies? It makes more sense to let people decide for themselves on a case by case basis, without government interference.

Quote: ABC News
An estimated 1 in 2,000 children born each year are neither boy nor girl -- they are intersex, part of a group of about 60 conditions that fall under the diagnosis of disorders of sexual development (DSD).

Standard medical treatment has been to look at the genitals, determine the gender and then correct it surgically.

But now, many are challenging the ethical basis of surgery, knowing that gender identity is complex, and doctors can sometimes get it wrong, not knowing how a child will feel about their gender assignment when they grow up.

But the government never gets it wrong!
April 5th, 2016 at 11:49:21 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: reno
It's not always "simple." This man was born a woman, so the government bureaucrats pass a law, forcing him to pee with the ladies? It makes more sense to let people decide for themselves on a case by case basis, without government interference.

Quote: ABC News
An estimated 1 in 2,000 children born each year are neither boy nor girl -- they are intersex, part of a group of about 60 conditions that fall under the diagnosis of disorders of sexual development (DSD).

Standard medical treatment has been to look at the genitals, determine the gender and then correct it surgically.

But now, many are challenging the ethical basis of surgery, knowing that gender identity is complex, and doctors can sometimes get it wrong, not knowing how a child will feel about their gender assignment when they grow up.

Boy have things changed with the republican party
Used to be for small govt, few regulations
Now republicans and more regulations forcing this guy to do his bathroom business with the ladies
Wow
April 5th, 2016 at 12:20:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Trusting someone because of who you think they are is not a sure thing even outside gender identity. People dress as cops to commit crimes. Ted Bundy wore a fake cast, so women might help him get something in his van. (the women).

I think anywhere alcohol is consumed regularly, your potential victims of crime are going be more frequent. You'd also have to consider people adding drugs to drinks to incapacitate someone even more than the alcohol alone. Tons of distractions and lots of noise in a busy nightclub as well.

Shoot I've been in clubs where the only reason I knew a fight had started behind me, was I got shoved. I sure didn't hear or see anything before that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 5th, 2016 at 5:03:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

Actually it makes the most sense to let the business owners decide. I know any guy I found in a ladies room I would read the trespass act and 86 him from my business forever.
The President is a fink.