FOLKS PLEASE!

Page 1 of 212>
February 25th, 2016 at 12:54:57 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Threads: 61
Maybe I started a poor trend by using too many f#$%s and s#$%s, but today is becoming a bit crazy. As far as I know (I haven't looked in a very long time), the rules for here mirror WoV pre-Zuga. That means profanity at the very least should be censored, as it is in my lead in. I've traditionally been a bit lenient; I know some of my more casual posts have an unedited "fuck" or "shit" in them. It happens when one becomes passionate and fires of a scorcher, and I mostly let it slide.

But today is a bit much. I'm not even sure I've ever heard some of you swear before, and BAM! you really let it fly. Consider this thread a "pretty please?"

Gotta ding Aces, though. I wouldn't survive the amount of push ups Wiz would sack me with if I let that one go. Sorry, friend. I do hope you return, as it was nice seeing you again.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 25th, 2016 at 1:24:03 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 313
Quote: Face
It happens when one becomes passionate and fires of a scorcher, and I mostly let it slide.

Quite frankly it's more satisfying, and more fun, to come up with clean alternatives. But on occasion I make very deliberate use of the F-word for emphasis.

Quote:
But today is a bit much.

Yeah, today's been a real bi---h. :)
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
February 25th, 2016 at 1:29:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 118
For several reasons, swearing is good for your health.

Who cares if it's good for the subject you're swearing at, that's the whole damn point.

Regardless of the excuses people make to prevent, it's definitely not PC, if that's one of your goals, to not be PC or one of those damn nanny staters (like myself)

(I'm good with damn, right?)
No one has ever proven I am not God.
February 25th, 2016 at 1:31:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 106

Gotta ding Aces, though. Sorry, friend. I do hope you return, as it was nice seeing you again.

I don't understand his sig line, what does
it even mean.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 25th, 2016 at 2:28:39 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Trust me, I'd be the first to let loose with stuff even those liberal with language wouldn't like to hear, and I often agree that good cuss really makes written communication "pop". Even though, like AZD, I prefer a more thought out response, sometimes a good "what the actual f#$%" really is the perfect response.

But Wiz foots the bill for this joint, so we must acquiesce.

*last I knew, if it was in the Bible, it's good to go. Damn, bitch, all the low calorie cusses are A-OK.

** "You think I'm joking" was, at one time, a sort of punchline of yours. Even I used it, in the Racing thread, I think.
February 25th, 2016 at 2:34:02 PM permalink
Evenbob

** "You think I'm joking" was, at one time, a sort of punchline of yours. .

It was? That's news to me. It must have
been years ago. I have no memory of
saying it on any kind of regular basis,
or at all, for that matter.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 25th, 2016 at 2:46:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 12
Trust me, I'd be the first to let loose with stuff even those liberal with language wouldn't like to hear, and I often agree that good cuss really makes written communication "pop". Even though, like AZD, I prefer a more thought out response, sometimes a good "what the actual f#$%" really is the perfect response.

But Wiz foots the bill for this joint, so we must acquiesce.

*last I knew, if it was in the Bible, it's good to go. Damn, bitch, all the low calorie cusses are A-OK.

** "You think I'm joking" was, at one time, a sort of punchline of yours. Even I used it, in the Racing thread, I think.
Face, if you got him run out of here, maybe you could explain that urinary funnel they take with them to go camping or boating? These are things you need to know anyway, as you are going to grow old with these people.

I am such a dinosaur, back in my day we either had to go outside or use a bucket?
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
February 25th, 2016 at 3:16:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 99
Quote: rxwine
For several reasons, swearing is good for your health.

Who cares if it's good for the subject you're swearing at, that's the whole damn point.

I used to think swearing was funny. Then I turned 14.

There are times it is needed and does work. Certain movies it gets a point across. In other comedy I always found it funnier when they had the horn or cukoo-cukoo bleep out because you knew what they said even thought you heard the bleep.

25 years in online forums on and off this month and I am still amazed how some folks lose such control though.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
February 25th, 2016 at 3:26:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
I used to think swearing was funny. Then I turned 14.

At the very first real job I had, there was
a sign in the warehouse that said:

"Profanity is the attempt of a feeble mind
to express itself."

That had a profound effect on me. I always
try and find an alternative to using a swear
word. Profanity is for the uneducated and
boorish, and always has been.
February 25th, 2016 at 3:32:18 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob

"Profanity is the attempt of a feeble mind
to express itself."

Profanity is for the uneducated and
boorish, and always has been.

That's what's so great about it!

I'm in 100% agreement in many, many situations. You don't do it at the park in public, or the town hall meeting, or forums. I find forums to be the worst, at least when it comes to filler or weak cussin'. But when you're in the shop, I ain't trying to be prim and proper. I'm pissed off, and even f#$% doesn't cut it 80% of the time. You need to make up entirely new words that makes f#$% look like mild discontent. Pretty much most labor jobs feature this. You should hear some of the old ladies at the PO...
Page 1 of 212>