TSA-Pre check

February 25th, 2016 at 1:52:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I finally broke down and filled out the paperwork to enroll in the TSA pre-check program. Has anyone else here done this?I have been flying a lot more commercial lately and had to sweat making a flight last week. I have never seen the TSA line so long at 5:30am before.

I go in for my interview tomorrow. Apparently they also take fingerprints.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 25th, 2016 at 3:02:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
My brother-in-law does it, in fact that is how I heard about it. To me it is a smart idea and should have been done from the start. It is sort of what the Israelis do, have the background check done way before.
The President is a fink.
February 26th, 2016 at 8:21:13 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
It turns out the "interview" wasn't even an interview. They just asked me to confirm the questions I filled out on the website and took my fingerprints. I was out in five minutes. $85 to skip the security lines for five years seems like a bargain.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 27th, 2016 at 2:36:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
From when this started I wished there was an "express line." To enter you would have to be traveling without kids and be able to show that you could be ready and have your stuff on the belt in under 10 seconds. This is even better.
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2016 at 10:49:33 AM permalink
cs94
Threads: 0
For a frequent flier it is a must. The pre-check lane is not open 24 hrs. at most airports, they are not in all airports, but the times they are not open are usually slow times at the airport. If you have any existing reservations, make sure you contact the airline to add you KTN to your reservation before you fly. Simply adding it to your mileage account profile will only add it to future reservations, not existing reservations. You may still be selected to go through the body scanner at random, I was chosen 2 times out of 75 last year. It is very nice not to have to take anything out of your carry on or remove your shoes. I have not had any trouble going through the metal detectors with my wallet, watch, and belt.
February 27th, 2016 at 11:30:38 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The TSA has gone ULCC.

Doubleplusgood!
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER