Another Murder!

February 26th, 2016 at 7:19:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Pretty soon the authorities are going to get suspicious. 5 deaths so far at the Tudor Mansion, and all the suspects out on bail too. Apparently there will be a 6th.

So who wants to play in Game 6? Wizard, myself, and presumably Miplet are a given, with BBB likely. We won't need a dealer, I don't think [the test game with new aids went off without a hitch except the Accusation function was not in place].
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 26th, 2016 at 8:54:58 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: odiousgambit
Pretty soon the authorities are going to get suspicious. 5 deaths so far at the Tudor Mansion, and all the suspects out on bail too. Apparently there will be a 6th.

So who wants to play in Game 6? Wizard, myself, and presumably Miplet are a given, with BBB likely. We won't need a dealer, I don't think [the test game with new aids went off without a hitch except the Accusation function was not in place].
Count me in. The accusation function has now been done too.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 26th, 2016 at 11:41:00 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: miplet

Count me in. The accusation function has now been done too.

In. Cheers!
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 26th, 2016 at 3:20:58 PM permalink
miplet
My blog has info on using all the clue programs. http://miplet.net/clue/game1/ has a test game set up for 3 players. Scarlet's password is sca , White's password is whi , and Peacock's password is pea . The other 3 characters have cards, but don't make suggestions. They use default priority numbers for cards. 1 for rooms, 2 for weapons, and 3 for characters. Please ask any questions.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 26th, 2016 at 4:56:30 PM permalink
odiousgambit
My blog has info on using all the clue programs.

Awesome stuff! btw the game has not started, Miplet is just giving an opportunity to familiarize. When the game starts, you can't use the disprover unless it is your turn and you have your unique password [we don't have that yet]

We definitely want to use this as it eliminates the problem of waiting rights to expire on accusations. Although everybody should still be given the courtesy of a little bit of time - 10 minutes?

We can and should still use the thread for our comments, which is a lot of the fun. Perhaps it is important to realize that this disprover does not take that away. When you are done with your turn, definitely post the results in the thread.

Just as an example, on my turn I probably will make some quip in the thread, go to the disprover, then come back and post again the results perhaps with another quip.
February 27th, 2016 at 4:05:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
My blog has info on using all the clue programs. http://miplet.net/clue/game1/ has a test game set up for 3 players. Scarlet's password is sca , White's password is whi , and Peacock's password is pea . The other 3 characters have cards, but don't make suggestions. They use default priority numbers for cards. 1 for rooms, 2 for weapons, and 3 for characters. Please ask any questions.

players wishing to test should realize they just use the passwords for any player 'next'

the 'move' function is stuck on Green. Has anyone tried the accusation page? Is that what caused it to be stuck?

will the game log page show who made an accusation and if correct?
February 27th, 2016 at 4:48:19 AM permalink
miplet
players wishing to test should realize they just use the passwords for any player 'next'

the 'move' function is stuck on Green. Has anyone tried the accusation page? Is that what caused it to be stuck?

will the game log page show who made an accusation and if correct?

Its not stuck on Green. http://miplet.net/clue/game1/ is where you can do your practicing, http://miplet.net/clue/game6/ will be our real game. I'll set up game6 when we are ready to play. Accusations will show in the log. In fact White made one in the first round to test. I have to manually update the database so she can't have moves after that. (I didn't for the practice game, and it probably won't matter in a real game as once someone accuses, the accusations come flying.)
February 27th, 2016 at 6:11:53 AM permalink
odiousgambit
OK, sorry

the log doesn't give a time stamp so I suggest if there is any question whether someone plans to make an accusation or not, if they made a suggestion but are no longer shown as active in the website, that signals no accusation is intended.

I am going to update my own blog post so no one gets confused
February 27th, 2016 at 7:43:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
in any case, need to hear from BBB that she is playing and from all that they have tested the system and 'get' it

anyone who just doesnt want to use the Miplet disprover can entrust their password to somebody. The trustee is not to look at that player's function that shows cards of course. I suggest myself, BBB, or Miplet. They will be able to use the disprover and get us past that at worst, or, better, just walk the player through it the first time.

However, the 12 hour period to accuse will no longer be used, we have to assume all are on board with that.