Clue Game 7

Page 6 of 7« First<34567>
March 20th, 2016 at 9:46:10 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: odiousgambit
nah, no worries, just my way of blowing it off, making fun of the situation

I'm a woman. I give comfort when a man whines. It's what I do. :)

Remind me next time, I'll blow your angst off. Not to be confused with your argyles...
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 20th, 2016 at 5:04:12 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Here was my turn:

Peacock (wiz)
Enters Kitchen
Suggests Mr. Green with Wrench in Kitchen
Plum (Dum) can't disprove
Scarlet (bbb) can't disprove
Mustard (Ces) can't disprove
White (mip) can't disprove
Green (OG) can't disprove

With that, I made an educated guess on the room, figuring I'd never see another turn. Having narrowed down the Study to only two possible owners...

Peacock (wiz)

Accuses Mr. Green with Wrench in Study
Winner!
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 20th, 2016 at 5:26:09 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Wizard
Here was my turn:

Peacock (wiz)
Enters Kitchen
Suggests Mr. Green with Wrench in Kitchen
Plum (Dum) can't disprove
Scarlet (bbb) can't disprove
Mustard (Ces) can't disprove
White (mip) can't disprove
Green (OG) can't disprove

With that, I made an educated guess on the room, figuring I'd never see another turn. Having narrowed down the Study to only two possible owners...

Peacock (wiz)

Nice work. I had Green, but wasn't yet sure on Wrench, and the room was several choices... I was expecting to guess next round, but was hoping I'd get info before then on the location.

Accuses Mr. Green with Wrench in Study
Winner!
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
March 20th, 2016 at 6:16:15 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Congrats Wizard! I didn't think it would get to me again, but my guess would have been wrong anyway. I thought Green might have Study.

And here is what everyone had:

Scarlet:
Colonel Mustard
Miss Scarlet
Mrs. Peacock

Mustard:
Mrs. White
Rope
Knife

White:
Candlestick
Ballroom
Professor Plum

Green:
Hall
Lounge
Dining Room

Peacock:
Conservatory
Kitchen
Library

Plum:
Lead Pipe
Revolver
Billiard Room
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
March 21st, 2016 at 2:22:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
congratulations!

I couldn't be sure about the study, plus players were acting strange about it like White had the card and others knew. I was down to 2 choices on the weapons. Seemed like too much guessing to go for it, but I think I hold out too much hope I'll get one more round LOL.

PS: I'm ready for the "guessers" to get burned once in a while!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 21st, 2016 at 3:11:23 AM permalink
miplet
congratulations!

I couldn't be sure about the study, plus players were acting strange about it like White had the card and others knew. I was down to 2 choices on the weapons. Seemed like too much guessing to go for it, but I think I hold out too much hope I'll get one more round LOL.

PS: I'm ready for the "guessers" to get burned once in a while!
Sigh, you should have known it was Study. Everyone but me and you said can't disprove to Study. I said disprove to Professor Plum with Revolver in Hall and Colonel Mustard with Knife in Ballroom so I have 2 of those cards. I showed you ( and Wiz) candlestick in Mr. Green with Candlestick in Study for my 3rd card.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
March 21st, 2016 at 6:35:22 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Congratulations, Wizard! My next guess was what turns out to be the winning solution, so I was right behind you. As if 2nd was worth a cup of weak tea...lol.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 21st, 2016 at 8:25:31 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: miplet
Everyone but me and you said can't disprove to Study.

easy so far

Quote:
I said disprove to Professor Plum with Revolver in Hall and Colonel Mustard with Knife in Ballroom so I have 2 of those cards

I'm not sure you should be teaching me this?

Quote:
I showed you ( and Wiz) candlestick in Mr. Green with Candlestick in Study for my 3rd card.

2 of 6 cards didn't seem probative enough to me. However, I see what you mean, one card has to be one of the 3, then another card is one of the other 3, and none of them are the Study.

That is a better exercise in logic than maybe you realize, Miplet; you definitely shouldn't have shown me that LOL
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 21st, 2016 at 9:36:43 AM permalink
miplet

That is a better exercise in logic than maybe you realize, Miplet; you definitely shouldn't have shown me that LOL
The really fun stuff I'll keep to myself. The hard part is making the right suggestions.
March 21st, 2016 at 9:43:56 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
easy so far

I'm not sure you should be teaching me this?

2 of 6 cards didn't seem probative enough to me. However, I see what you mean, one card has to be one of the 3, then another card is one of the other 3, and none of them are the Study.

Yeah, we're far enough along (7th game), you should start tracking this. Nobody has more than 3 cards. Guesses people disprove can lead you to deduce as a group, what cards they must have, even if you don't know exactly. After 3-4 disproves, you can often narrow it down to only 4 or 5 cards they could possibly have, and you can eliminate them from the others.

White, for example, showed me Plum early, so that was 1. Then they disproved C-stick/Study using a character I knew they didn't have, so that was 2. Then they disproved knife-ballroom with another character card I knew they didn't have, so that was 3, among 5, and I crossed them off for any other cards. You'll get your solution much earlier doing this.

Plum worked a similar way. There was only one combination, when taking all their disproves together (and eliminating what else you knew because of what they COULDN'T disprove) that accounted for all their disproves, even though Plum never showed me a card. But that happened on the last round, mostly, and Wizard got there ahead of me, so too bad, so sad! lol...
Page 6 of 7« First<34567>