The End of Sex and the Future of Human Reproduction

Page 5 of 5« First<2345
April 1st, 2016 at 8:46:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Nareed
If you want to have a fruitful discussion, you have to stop this intellectually dishonest trick of cherry-picking parts of my statements.

May I also suggest you stop making such deliciously easy statements to pick?

Actually, a lot of the time you are saying things I don't completely understand or are too far over my head so I grab unto the low hanging fruit.

Quote:
But if your radically different statement is true, then why do you hate atheists?

Is this just a sarcastic example of intellectually dishonesty? You know I don't hate atheists or anyone.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 2nd, 2016 at 7:24:41 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Actually, a lot of the time you are saying things I don't completely understand or are too far over my head so I grab unto the low hanging fruit.

Perhaps you should sacrifice a bull to Athena and pray for a better mind?

Quote:
You know I don't hate atheists or anyone.

Perhaps your book of myths says nothing about deeds speaking louder than words.

You show nothing but contempt and condescension to atheists. You dismiss mountains of evidence and reasoning with logical fallacies and arguments from ignorance. You move the goal posts in every debate. You accuse them of being the source of all moral failure and of horrible atrocities.

If this is not hatred but actually some kind of positive feeling, then I dread to contemplate how do you treat people you love.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 2nd, 2016 at 12:28:50 PM permalink
FrGamble
I find it interesting that everything you accuse me of is exactly what I feel you and others are doing to Christianity.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 2nd, 2016 at 12:48:29 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I find it interesting that everything you accuse me of is exactly what I feel you and others are doing to Christianity.

I hate Christianity and religion. They're a blight on humanity and I want to see them all wiped out.

What's your excuse?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 2nd, 2016 at 12:48:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I find it interesting that everything you accuse me of

You're slippery, FrG. I'm not the only
one who thinks that. You twist and
change things around to make your
points. You pretend ignorance at times,
you state things that aren't true, hoping
to trick someone into getting off
balance.

For instance, you'll say "Glad to see you're
finally understanding Christianity' when
the person obviously doesn't understand
it at all. It's an old debate trick, make the
opponent think his words agree with your
points, when the opposite is true. Done
correctly it will throw him off his game.

It's what priests have always done, be clever
and cunning, anything to get the chump
onto their side. Getting him is the hard part,
keeping him is easy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 2nd, 2016 at 8:22:50 PM permalink
FrGamble
I wish I was clever or smart. Most often I either am backtracking on something I said poorly or incorrectly or I forgot what I said earlier. When you are fighting the Hydra that is this forum it is hard to keep your head on straight and your arguments in line.

The fact that there has been some times when you and others accidently stumble upon something I agree with wholeheartedly is not a sign of some trick but the fact that we are all pursuing truth in different ways. It only makes sense that sometimes in the pursuit of it we draw close on certain issues.
April 2nd, 2016 at 9:26:11 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
.... When you are fighting the Hydra that is this forum...
You know what they say, a hundred heads are better than one
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 5 of 5« First<2345