No votes (0%)
6 votes (85.71%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

March 30th, 2016 at 7:21:00 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Wizard
What if the father opposed the abortion and the mother did it anyway?

I can't answer that, because I don't think anyone should be punished under the law. It's punishment enough to be in a position where that's your best option.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 30th, 2016 at 7:26:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
What if the father opposed the abortion and the mother did it anyway?

When the father has to carry a fetus for nine months and expose himself to the risks inherent in pregnancy, then he can decide not to have an abortion.

Come on, if it were men who got pregnant, abortion would be sacrosanct.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 30th, 2016 at 7:37:55 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I am pro abortion. I think that should be the default until the parents can prove that they can be good responsible parents.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 30th, 2016 at 7:47:04 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I don't think anybody understands my point here. Let me rephrase it. For the sake of argument, if we assume that abortion is murder, then shouldn't those complicit in it be held liable for murder?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 30th, 2016 at 8:01:21 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: FrGamble
The other thing to remember is that nobody wants to go through the pain, physical and emotional, of having an abortion. These poor women do not have to punished legally at all. They need to be loved and forgiven.

What about the emotional and physical pain of having a baby? Especially if young and poor? NOT good for either mom or the kid.
March 30th, 2016 at 9:04:23 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
I don't think anybody understands my point here. Let me rephrase it. For the sake of argument, if we assume that abortion is murder, then shouldn't those complicit in it be held liable for murder?

I genuinely don't see it as murder, so I can't see myself judging anyone making that decision. It's simply not up to me whether someone accepts the burden of aborting a child, or the responsibility of raising one. I don't accept the premise of it being a legal question, simply a moral and personal one. No one should make that decision for anyone else.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 30th, 2016 at 9:41:07 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: beachbumbabs
I genuinely don't see it as murder,

That's fine but doesn't address my hypothetical question. I think I've failed miserably here in not making the "if" in my sentence clear. Carry on without me.
March 30th, 2016 at 9:46:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
That's fine but doesn't address my hypothetical question. I think I've failed miserably here in not making the "if" in my sentence clear. Carry on without me.

Well, people like Eric Rudolf, completely agree with your point. I think he proved that he was sincere.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2016 at 9:49:28 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Well, people like Eric Rudolf, completely agree with your point. I think he proved that he was sincere.

I at least give him credit for being consistent.
March 30th, 2016 at 9:54:31 PM permalink
beachbumbabs

To me, there should not be a legal question at all. This should never have been legislated. The best possible outcome once it was, was Roe v. Wade, which took it out of the legal arena altogether and returned the decision to the family and the doctor.

Edit: I don't think you've failed at all in asking your hypothetical. It's a legitimate question in the current environment. But it also assumes anyone has a right to judge someone else's decision in this area, ever, for any reason. And I believe that to be a flawed assumption, not by you, but by American legislatures.
Page 2 of 10<12345>Last »