2 votes (33.33%)
2 votes (33.33%)
3 votes (50%)

6 members have voted

April 1st, 2016 at 9:34:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Cool, where did these laws of the universe come from?

Your mind can never escape the beginning
and ending trap, can it. To you something
can't just exist, it has to 'come from' somewhere.
You have to see everything thru your god
glasses for it to make any sense. That's
called having a handicap, maybe you can
get a handicapped parking placard from
your DMV.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2016 at 9:38:00 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
You mean the non arguments that never
convince anybody that doesn't want to
be convinced? I'll say it again, the only
reason you believe in god is because
you were taught to as a child.

I guess the question is then why do I remain a Christian? Let me also put the question to you; why do you remain an atheist? What arguments do you hold to maintain your own "brainwashing"? What evidence or experiences have you had that reinforce your conception that there is no God?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 1st, 2016 at 9:45:16 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Dalex64
The laws of the universe came first, and life found a way to survive, not the other way around. Life and its requirements to live did not exist first and have a universe formed around it in which it could survive.

Not sure of that....... life adapted to desertification, volcano eruptions, elevation change, species changes, iceages, agricultural devestation,

Are there universal laws? The universe keeps changing. life does too. Polar bears are about to find out just how badly. So are krill and sea snakes.
April 1st, 2016 at 9:45:16 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Remain a Christian???
Was it Mahatma Ghandi who said he had never met a Christian..
April 1st, 2016 at 9:47:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
I guess the question is then why do I remain a Christian? Let me also put the question to you; why do you remain an atheist?

You're a Christian because you have no
choice, you won't let yourself be anything
else. It's Catholic guilt for life, or so the
many recovering Catholics say.

Quote:
What evidence or experiences have you had that reinforce your conception that there is no God?

Non belief in something is not a conception.
It's the lack of one. You're still pretending
to not know what atheism means, I see.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2016 at 9:52:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm definitely not believing in any god until there is a more perfect religion. To me, that proves, that if there is a perfect god, he has certainly not contacted any of us yet, if that jumbled mess that has to be twisted around constantly to make sense, is the best he can come up with.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2016 at 10:02:35 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
I'm definitely not believing in any god until there is a more perfect religion. To me, that proves, that if there is a perfect god, he has certainly not contacted any of us yet, if that jumbled mess that has to be twisted around constantly to make sense, is the best he can come up with.

It could also prove that there is a perfect God, but imperfect people.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 1st, 2016 at 10:05:39 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
You're a Christian because you have no
choice, you won't let yourself be anything
else.

That is not true but I guess you can keep saying it. Do you do the same with your atheism?

Quote:
Non belief in something is not a conception.
It's the lack of one. You're still pretending
to not know what atheism means, I see.

I'm amazed you still don't understand that positively saying that there is absolutely no God is actually more than a conception, it is a statement of belief, and one based on no evidence or logic or reason.
April 1st, 2016 at 11:04:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
That is not true but I guess you can keep saying it.

You can't be anything else, the guilt would
kill you. That's the beauty of brainwashing.
You're trapped.

Quote:
I'm amazed you still don't understand that positively saying that there is absolutely no God is actually more than a conception

There is no evidence for any god, so logically
he doesn't exist. Until such evidence presents itself,
there's no point in even thinking about it. For god
to exist, the physical laws that hold the universe
together would have to be proven wrong. Do
you really see that happening?
April 2nd, 2016 at 3:31:44 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Fleastiff
Not sure of that....... life adapted to desertification, volcano eruptions, elevation change, species changes, iceages, agricultural devestation,

Are there universal laws? The universe keeps changing. life does too. Polar bears are about to find out just how badly. So are krill and sea snakes.

Universal laws - the four fundamental forces, what they act on, how strongly they act, over what distance they act.

As the universe expands, it is conceivable that these and the other universal laws will act differently.

In another universe, they might be very different.

Life, as we know it, requires certain conditions. Who knows what other kinds of life could be supported by different conditions?

Not knowing how these conditions came to be or why they are the way that they are is not evidence that any of the gods, that people invented to help explain why the universe is the way that it is, are real.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »