1 vote (11.11%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (11.11%)

9 members have voted

April 3rd, 2016 at 9:51:32 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Wizard

The question for the poll is what is your opinion of the idea? Multiple votes allowed.

My opinion is there will be a position in my parliament come the revolution, and it's got your name on it =D

I am positive Standard Time will be my undoing. Whether a compromised immune system due to depression allows Ebola to take hold, or I simply opt out, my end will come in the winter. And it's the light, or rather, the lack of, that is a big contribution.

I don't care if it doesn't dawn until 9a. If anything it feels good to have already started your day before day has even started. But when you're still at work and it's already dark? Why, that's a life not worth living!

Make it happen, Cap'n. I even have your sound bite / slogan ready to go - "Sun until seven, 365".

Now, if anyone has an idea of how to smooth over my transitioning America to metric, there are still positions open! ;)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 3rd, 2016 at 10:41:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Now, if anyone has an idea of how to smooth over my transitioning America to metric, there are still positions open! ;)

Easy: declare any and all measurements in metric units to be illegal and punishable with mandatory sentences of no less than ten years in prison.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 3rd, 2016 at 10:52:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Permanent daylight savings time and adjust school to schedule to daylight
Instead of falling back in the fall
Have the schools move their schedule an hour
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 3rd, 2016 at 1:20:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

Harder than you think what with almost all families having 2 working parents and single parents stretched.
The President is a fink.
November 6th, 2021 at 9:53:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I never turn my clocks back or forward on the official day we're supposed to. I wait for a day when it's convenient for me. There is absolutely nothing in my life that is time-sensitive, so I can do whatever I want. I will wait for a day in the coming week or the week after when I didn't sleep well or I wake up too early and then I will turn my clock back and get an extra hour. Why would I do it tonight when I don't need it. Same thing in the Spring. I wait for a day when I got up early and I turn the clock ahead to even things out. Or I do it in the middle of the day if I'm tired and want the day to be over sooner.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 6th, 2021 at 9:56:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: terapined

Now that I am retired
I could care less
I go to bed and wake up according to my body
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 6th, 2021 at 11:03:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I never turn my clocks back or forward on the official day we're supposed to. I wait for a day when it's convenient for me. There is absolutely nothing in my life that is time-sensitive, so I can do whatever I want. I will wait for a day in the coming week or the week after when I didn't sleep well or I wake up too early and then I will turn my clock back and get an extra hour. Why would I do it tonight when I don't need it. Same thing in the Spring. I wait for a day when I got up early and I turn the clock ahead to even things out. Or I do it in the middle of the day if I'm tired and want the day to be over sooner.

How does that work out, Kramer?
The President is a fink.
November 6th, 2021 at 11:15:09 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I didn't know there were clocks in a cave.

Live and learn.
November 6th, 2021 at 12:31:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
How does that work out, Kramer?

I actually went a whole winter without turning them back 4 or 5 years ago. That started to get weird.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 6th, 2021 at 12:36:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I actually went a whole winter without turning them back 4 or 5 years ago. That started to get weird.

You sound like the guy in an article about the Mars Rover. Part of that job is you have to live on Mars time. NASA has Mars watches but the day being 97 minutes off he said you tended to know all the all-night diners.

Please nobody be a wiseguy and ask what time zone on Mars he followed. I am sick today and not in the mood.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »