blindfolded 7 year old child & Rubik's Cube

Page 1 of 212>
April 20th, 2016 at 9:14:05 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
The action kicks into high gear at the 1:43 mark in this video. Kind of like watching a magician performing magic, except that it's not magic; it's real.
April 20th, 2016 at 9:30:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
But can he do it while riding a unicycle.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 20th, 2016 at 10:05:40 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
That's amazing. Certainly a skill I wasn't born with. Same kind of skill that let's some people memorize the positions of every piece in 20 chess games at once.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 20th, 2016 at 10:31:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Wizard
That's amazing. Certainly a skill I wasn't born with.

Imagine having a magnificent skill for which nothing was invented that displayed your ability?

Like being born before the cube was invented. I think it could have happened.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2016 at 12:10:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
Same kind of skill that let's some people memorize the positions of every piece in 20 chess games at once.

Some grandmaster chess players can see every
possible move for the next couple dozen moves.
That's what the kid did. Nerd is what I think they
call it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 23rd, 2016 at 7:26:36 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Quote: reno
The action kicks into high gear at the 1:43 mark ...

Actually, that first 1:43 is pretty rivitting as well. Amazing even.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
April 23rd, 2016 at 9:49:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Imagine having a magnificent skill for which nothing was invented that displayed your ability?

Like being born before the cube was invented. I think it could have happened.

I think that is what has happened with my life. I am sure I have some amazing ability but what it can be used for hasn't been invented yet.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 25th, 2016 at 8:56:37 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: kenarman
I think that is what has happened with my life. I am sure I have some amazing ability but what it can be used for hasn't been invented yet.

Hehe... me too. But I am confident that one day there will be a valuable use for sitting on the toilet until my legs fall asleep.
January 8th, 2017 at 9:12:04 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Kind of like watching a magician performing magic, except that it's not magic; it's real.

Speaking of magic tricks that aren't magic tricks: there's a scene in Spiderman (2002) where Peter Parker uses 1 cafeteria tray to catch 4 falling airborne food items. According to the special effects technician (and co-star Kristen Dunst) the scene isn't a computer-generated special effect.

The 2 secret ingredients were: 1) glue (the tray is glued to actor Tobey Maguire's hand) and 2) patience (it took 155 attempts.)

January 8th, 2017 at 10:19:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Speaking of magic tricks that aren't magic tricks: there's a scene in Spiderman (2002) where Peter Parker uses 1 cafeteria tray to catch 4 falling airborne food items. According to the special effects technician (and co-star Kristen Dunst) the scene isn't a computer-generated special effect.

The 2 secret ingredients were: 1) glue (the tray is glued to actor Tobey Maguire's hand) and 2) patience (it took 155 attempts.)

Just reminded me of a scene in an old Jimmy Cagney movie. A gangster car stops and does a tommy gun hit on some other gangsters on the street. Chunks of wall are flying and the people are falling and running, and they were really using live automatic weapons and real bullets doing all the damage firing right in the area. Actors and extra's were cheap commodities I guess.

I believe it was fixed position weapons doing the actual shooting. Guys in the car were just shooting a little smoke and flame out the barrel.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 212>