Ronco

Page 3 of 3<123
April 30th, 2016 at 2:34:32 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
I'd do my hair myself if I could get the trim right. I get a #3 clipper cut all over.

If it's a "#3 all over" with no fade, there is zero reason to ever pay again. Just put on a 3 and go all over lol. #3 is more difficult than a 2 or 1,...scratch that, It's not hard at all, it just takes more time as the length allows for more strays. I'm a 1 and, after now...18 years of self cuts, it takes me 5-7 minutes, tops. Maybe 15 on the day I lose the 'fro.

If you sat and just went over and over and over your head with the razor, you'd figure out your grain and be able to shorten the time considerably in no time. Between the 90-120 minutes saved (getting dressed, commute, wait, cut, clean up, transaction, commute home), the $15-$20 biweekly saved, the having a cut the instant you ever wanted one,... it's just so much better. I'm just about if not already into 5 figures saved lifetime by cutting my own hair.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 3rd, 2016 at 8:02:47 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Thought:

If all these products sold through late-night TV infomercials were as useful and convenient as they're shown to be, they'd become home and kitchen staples like blenders, irons, washing machines, etc.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 3rd, 2016 at 11:02:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
Thought:

If all these products sold through late-night TV infomercials were as useful and convenient as they're shown to be, they'd become home and kitchen staples like blenders, irons, washing machines, etc.

Trying to remember if any products made it big time. I think a major manufacturer would likely buy you out first, if a product was absolutely killer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2016 at 1:54:24 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Ronco was a billion dollar company. They must have done something right.
May 3rd, 2016 at 3:18:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Ayecarumba

Id' call it "marketing and salesmanship." All the guy was in the end was the guy at the carnival selling gadgets. He just did it on TV.
The President is a fink.
May 4th, 2016 at 9:19:14 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba

Mostly a refinement of the old marketing maxim: sell the sizzle, not the steak.

I'm talking about all infomercial-type products, not just Ronco's. Most of these work as advertised, but few have staying power. Aside from nonstick cookware, juicers, knives and electric depilatories, I can't think of any products with any staying power.

Take two products my parents have gotten. one was a slicer, which worked well enough, but it wasn't much more convenient than a knife and cutting board. When you added the time it took to put together, take apart, wash, and store, it wasn't convenient at all. The other was a mop which heats water to clean the floor (this was just last year, I think). It worked well for spot-cleaning stains, if they were near enough an electrical outlet or you had a good extension cord. Again, not as convenient as a regular mop.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 3<123