Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
The title pretty much says it all. As a reminder, here is who is left:

Cydney

Tai

Aubry

Michele

Here is the voting history to help you out. You can see the three women vote the same way almost every time. However, Tai still has an immunity idol, I think.

My prediction, and hope, is that Cydney will win. None of them are especially worthy or go down as one of the game's most interesting players. It is often the boring player that flies under the radar that wins.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 17th, 2016 at 9:37:38 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Tai still has the idol but I believe it can no longer be used.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 17th, 2016 at 9:49:02 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I thought the Orange Clown from New York City won all "reality" TV.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 17th, 2016 at 9:57:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I voted for Aubry.

I think she has played a good game that will earn respect from a lot of the jury members.

Tai pissed off too many people in the jury to be able to win.

Most importantly: what will happen to Mark the chicken once the game ends?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 17th, 2016 at 10:13:50 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
Tai still has the idol but I believe it can no longer be used.

Now that you mention it, I seem to recall a rule about idols expiring. Does anybody know for sure?

Quote: ams288
I voted for Aubry.

I think she has played a good game that will earn respect from a lot of the jury members.

I would not begrudge a vote for her. To be honest, I have a hard time telling her apart from Michele, but she played a solid game without a lot of drama. This is a hard one to handicap. I wouldn't make anybody a big favorite nor rule anybody out.

Quote:
Tai pissed off too many people in the jury to be able to win.

I certainly wouldn't vote for him. However, he seems to have actively played the game more than the other three. Then again, flip-flopping all the time doesn't mean playing well. I could be happy with anybody winning except him. Then again, I liked it when he betrayed Scot and Kyle, as I didn't not like them, especially Kyle. They were total crybabies when they sabotaged the camp.
May 17th, 2016 at 10:38:39 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I have never watched the show for more than a few minutes while flipping channels. Every time I pass it by, it seems they are running an obstacle course in the water.

I thought the show was about endurance. Who can go the longest without shelter, ready food, and potable water. Do those factors still play a part in the game? The times I have passed by, they always seem to be running an obstacle course instead of looking for food.

As for the tennis question in the poll, "love" actually started as, "l'oeuf" which is french for "egg" (shaped like a "zero", and equivalent to the english slang, "zip").
May 17th, 2016 at 11:07:48 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Ayecarumba
I have never watched the show for more than a few minutes while flipping channels. Every time I pass it by, it seems they are running an obstacle course in the water.

I thought the show was about endurance. Who can go the longest without shelter, ready food, and potable water. Do those factors still play a part in the game? The times I have passed by, they always seem to be running an obstacle course instead of looking for food.

The first couple seasons food was a real issue in the game. As I recall in the first season, they had to find it themselves. The way the show evolved to this point is they give each camp a ration of rice that is barely enough to sustain you. Everybody on the show, especially the men, loses a lot of weight, but there is enough for basic survival. Plus, more food is given out on the reward challenges. They also provide a source of water on the show, generally a well somewhere. As the show changed through 32 seasons, it has become less an issue of surviving the elements and more about surviving each other. All that said, this season was tougher than most, with three contestants leaving out of medical reasons.

Quote:
As for the tennis question in the poll, "love" actually started as, "l'oeuf" which is french for "egg" (shaped like a "zero", and equivalent to the english slang, "zip").

Thanks -- I did not know that? Please tell that to the teacher on Hot for Words. She says it comes to the expression "to play for love," which means to play for fun of it, without any wager.

May 17th, 2016 at 11:21:47 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I just saw an ad for the finale and the announcer guy said it "has one final epic twist," and then it had a clip of Jeff Probst at a challenge saying "nobody saw that coming!"

I wonder if they're going to do a final 2 this time instead of a final 3.

Usually when they do a final 3 they have five contestants left going into the finale, but this season there are only four left...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 17th, 2016 at 1:09:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Wow, they are up to 32
I watched the 1st few then lost interest
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 17th, 2016 at 3:37:03 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
If Tai makes it to the end I think he wins as he has made the most moves and played the best game IMO. When he chose not to use the super idol to save Scott that was the turning point when he came into his own. If he doesn't make it to the end I think Cydney wins. She's very smart and has also played a similar game to Tai.

Someone remind me to ignore this topic for the next couple of days. The finale will air here about 12 hours after you guys see it so won't want to have the ending spilled to me.
Page 1 of 41234>