Tires

Page 9 of 9« First<6789
August 12th, 2019 at 12:16:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 136
Posts: 7427
Maximum pressure is usually for load. But not dangerous. But without load wear will probably be high in middle of tire.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
August 12th, 2019 at 12:26:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 136
Posts: 7427
Iím just wondering with two tires with two different pressure ratings might cause the trailer to wave back and forth for the entire trip. Not really a good thing to have happening.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
August 12th, 2019 at 12:50:10 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 45
Posts: 4831
Quote: kenarman
The pressure on the tires is the maximum. The RV manufacturer should have a recommended pressure. Vehicles have it on the door frame.



The recommended tire pressure on the RV is 65 PSI cold
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2019 at 12:51:48 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 45
Posts: 4831
Quote: rxwine
Iím just wondering with two tires with two different pressure ratings might cause the trailer to wave back and forth for the entire trip. Not really a good thing to have happening.


We shall see
If I have that problem, will use the spare to even things out. Just replaced the spare. Old spare of course had great tread but unsafe at 14 yrs old
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2019 at 2:23:37 PM permalink
kenarman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 11
Posts: 1590
Quote: terapined
The recommended tire pressure on the RV is 65 PSI cold


I would probably keep them both at the same pressure and not exceed the 50 the lower one is rated at. Not sure it would make a lot of difference.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 14th, 2019 at 8:14:56 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 45
Posts: 4831
Quote: kenarman
I would probably keep them both at the same pressure and not exceed the 50 the lower one is rated at. Not sure it would make a lot of difference.

Rethinking this
Feel uncomfortable having a 65PSI tire at 50PSI so I pumped it up to about 62
Will watch the trailer closely
If I do have a sway problem, will switch out one of the tires with the spare
Spare is brand new, not sure if its a 50 or 65 PSI
If I do switch out the tire.
Will order one online so I have matching PSI tires and have it delivered to my buddy in Maryland that I am picking up to go to the festival
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 16th, 2019 at 8:14:20 AM permalink
quadriga
Member since: Mar 30, 2019
Threads: 0
Posts: 41
Quote: terapined
Rethinking this
Feel uncomfortable having a 65PSI tire at 50PSI so I pumped it up to about 62
Will watch the trailer closely
If I do have a sway problem, will switch out one of the tires with the spare
Spare is brand new, not sure if its a 50 or 65 PSI
If I do switch out the tire.
Will order one online so I have matching PSI tires and have it delivered to my buddy in Maryland that I am picking up to go to the festival


I bet the tire with 50PSI is smaller than the others with 65PSI. You want to put the smaller tire in the back axle. The 2 front tires need to be the same size/brand so there won't be alignment problems. Not so much with back tires.
August 16th, 2019 at 9:01:35 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 45
Posts: 4831
Quote: quadriga
I bet the tire with 50PSI is smaller than the others with 65PSI. You want to put the smaller tire in the back axle. The 2 front tires need to be the same size/brand so there won't be alignment problems. Not so much with back tires.


One axel RV. Its a 2005 Fleetwood Timberlake popup
Just pumped up my spare. Its brand new and a 50PSI tire
If I notice a sway, I will switch out the 65PSI tire and replace it with the 50PSI spare
I think I will be all right.
Been towing this camper for 14 years
Leave on my 2 week RV trip tomorrow
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 16th, 2019 at 10:56:06 AM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 21
Posts: 4000
Quote: terapined
One axel RV. Its a 2005 Fleetwood Timberlake popup
Just pumped up my spare. Its brand new and a 50PSI tire
If I notice a sway, I will switch out the 65PSI tire and replace it with the 50PSI spare
I think I will be all right.
Been towing this camper for 14 years
Leave on my 2 week RV trip tomorrow
Happy RV'ing
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
Page 9 of 9« First<6789