Trump's disdain for data & analytics

June 9th, 2016 at 9:41:12 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288
Hopefully the Republicans' post-2016 autopsy will be more to your standards.

Let me throw out this prediction -- Paul Ryan will win the 2020 presidential election. You heard it here first.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 9th, 2016 at 9:58:27 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
Let me throw out this prediction -- Paul Ryan will win the 2020 presidential election. You heard it here first.

It's possible. The economy has largely recovered, therefore Hillary might face a downturn by the end of her term. There might also be Democrat fatigue by then, which would be a factor even if the economy is booming.

If Hillary thinks she'll only get one term, and I doubt she will, she should go for broke and try to ram through some very badly needed immigration reform (fat chance!)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 9th, 2016 at 10:45:07 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

Yeah, I suspect Trump will be a one term president :)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 9th, 2016 at 10:49:47 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: TheCesspit
Yeah, I suspect Trump will be a one term president :)

Whoever wins will be.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 9th, 2016 at 10:56:15 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Whoever wins will be.

I honestly think whoever wins may not make it to the end of their term. Trump has the potential to be deeply unpopular very quickly (with his support base right now, and the rest of the country who already think he's a loose canon shooting his mouth off); and Clinton getting impeached seems a reasonable (though unlikely) outcome.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 9th, 2016 at 11:25:02 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Ann Coulter finds it odd that for the
last 30 years we've been told over and
over that white judges and white
juries cannot fairly preside over trials
of black or Hispanic defendants. We
hear it constantly and nobody so much
as raises an eyebrow in disagreement.

Trump says an Hispanic judge is unfair
to him and the wheels come off the press
train. wtf. They say the best jury ever
convened was in the OJ trial, where 9
blacks, 2 Hispanics and 1 white juror found
a 100% guilty black man innocent of all
charges. That was deemed the fairest trial
ever held.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 9th, 2016 at 11:32:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
The "autopsy" was a total joke. It basically told the GOP to say they love illegal immigration and give up on all their issues. It was just more advice from the people who lost the election for them to collect fees while they lose more elections. .

Its about trying to solve a problem in with a solution that works. Arresting everybody and deporting is extreme and wont work.
Take the huge opoid addiction problem among Mormons in Utah. Just like illegal immigration, the old conservative solution is to just to bust them all and throw them in jail to rot, That's not a solution and conservatives in Utah realize this. The epidemic among religious conservative middle class families addicted to opoids is devastating in that conservative state. This state is now looking at other solutions to this problem.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865646535/Lawmakers-announce-bills-to-target-opioid-epidemic.html?pg=all
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 9th, 2016 at 11:36:21 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: TheCesspit
I honestly think whoever wins may not make it to the end of their term. Trump has the potential to be deeply unpopular very quickly (with his support base right now, and the rest of the country who already think he's a loose canon shooting his mouth off); and Clinton getting impeached seems a reasonable (though unlikely) outcome.

It's not that easy. Impeachment refers solely to acts carried out during a presidency (in the case of a president). All that Hillary may have done before, if she's elected, will have to wait until her term or terms run out. If you'll recall Bill was impeached for perjuring himself about his affair with Monica Lewinski while he was president. I think Hillary should be smart enough not to do something impeachable while in office, but then I thought Bill would have been at least that smart as well.

Trump I can easily see how he could do something worthy of impeachment. Not because he'd be too stupid to realize it, but that he'd be too hot-headed to actually care about the consequences, or arrogant enough to think he could threaten congress into inaction.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 9th, 2016 at 12:00:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

As long as Hillary gets to stack the Supreme Court during her term, I could live with that.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 9th, 2016 at 2:15:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Its about trying to solve a problem in with a solution that works. Arresting everybody and deporting is extreme and wont work.

Open borders and amnesty is extreme and will not work. Making life intolerable for illegals will work. Deportations will work. The problem is liberals love illegal immigration. Certain business owners love it, too. We have made it intolerable with deportations before and can do so again. Amnesty was tried in the 1980s and clearly failed.

Shutting them out of the banking system alone would go a huge way. Serious punishment for employers will as well. Have a guest worker program for agriculture seasonally, but otherwise make it hurt. Make the $5 you save an hour not worth the risk. No jobs and they will stop coming. Prohibit them from getting welfare. Prohibit them from schools and colleges. IOW, treat them more like Mexico treats people there illegally!
The President is a fink.