Trump's disdain for data & analytics

Page 9 of 9« First<6789
June 12th, 2016 at 1:55:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Lawyers always do whats in their clients best interest

The logical conclusion is that asking the American born judge to recuse himself is not in the best interests of their client

I don't get why you keep bringing up that the judge was born in the USA.
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2016 at 9:46:15 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: terapined
Lawyers always do whats in their clients best interest
The logical conclusion is that asking the American born judge to recuse himself is not in the best interests of their client

Trump's lead lawyer on the University case, Daniel Petrocelli, has praised the judge's impartiality:

Quote: Politico
Petrocelli was also asked if he would try to seek the judge’s recusal in the Trump University case. “The judge is doing his job,” Petrocelli told reporters at the time. “We’re not seeking to recuse the judge.”

Petrocelli himself has made no secret that he’s not in lock step with Trump when it comes to the Republican nominee’s incendiary rhetoric.

He spoke to The Hollywood Reporter for an article that published on April 21, and called Trump’s attacks on Curiel “unusual.”

"Yeah, it was certainly unusual. I think the judge recognizes the rhetoric that takes place in politics is not for the courtroom, and I think he's separated the two," said Petrocelli.

Incidentally, Sean Hannity is arguing that the plaintiff's lawyers are biased against Trump because they've been donating thou$ands to Hillary's campaign.

But here's where it gets truly amusing: Trump hired Petrocelli to be the lead lawyer on November 23, 2015. Once Petrocelli got a close-up look at how corrupt his own client was, he donated money to Hillary on January 11, 2016.

So Trump's own lawyer is actively undermining his own client's political campaign! If I had caught my attorney donating money to my political opponent, I'd fire him ASAP. Which begs the question: why hasn't Trump fired Daniel Petrocelli?
June 13th, 2016 at 10:11:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
Incidentally, Sean Hannity is arguing that the plaintiff's lawyers are biased against Trump because they've been donating thou$ands to Hillary's campaign.

You'd expect the plaintiff's lawyers to be biased against Trump because they represent the plaintiffs who are suing Trump.

But in the first place, who expects the lawyers involved in an adversarial system to be impartial? I mean, seriously, what kind of simpleton expects a "zealous advocate for their client" not to take sides?

About the only more idiotic thing Hannity could have said, not related to this case, is that Hillary and the Democratic party are engaged in a conspiracy to keep Trump out of the White House :)

Quote:
So Trump's own lawyer is actively undermining his own client's political campaign!

Apples and oranges, actually. One reason lawyers are held in low esteem among the general population, is that they don't have to side with their clients in order to represent them. A defense attorney may know how guilty their client is, and that won't stop them from mounting a zealous defense, as is their job.

In this case the lawyer might believe Trump U wasn't a scam (or the unicorns control rainbows for all I know), and even so think his client has no business being even near the White House, or maybe even he prefers Hilary over his client.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 14th, 2016 at 3:00:25 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Wasn't Petrocelli the lawyer for the Goldmans/Browns in the OJ Simpson civil suit? Or am I recalling things incorrectly.
June 14th, 2016 at 8:49:08 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Aussie
Wasn't Petrocelli the lawyer for the Goldmans/Browns in the OJ Simpson civil suit?

Bingo.
October 17th, 2016 at 6:48:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Wizard
Anyone interested in betting that if Trump loses he initially, at least, contests the results? Perhaps it could be judged by whether he makes a concession speech within 24 hours of CNN declaring Clinton the winner?

Did anyone ever take this bet?

I doubt we will get a concession speech. He knows he's toast. He's planting the "rigged election" seed so he can say the election was stolen from him. His fragile ego couldn't handle admitting he lost in a landslide to an old woman.

Quote: realDonaldTrump
The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary - but also at many polling places - SAD

Quote: realDonaldTrump
Of course there is large scale voter fraud happening on and before election day. Why do Republican leaders deny what is going on? So naive!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 17th, 2016 at 8:03:45 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Did anyone ever take this bet?

It's a sucker bet.

And Trump's supporters won't take it, because they know their guy will win ALL the electoral votes.

Quote:
He knows he's toast. He's planting the "rigged election" seed so he can say the election was stolen from him. His fragile ego couldn't handle admitting he lost in a landslide to an old woman.

I wonder if he really knows he's toast. Oh, he's seen the polls and he knows what happens when he opens his mouth, but I'm not sure he really believes it. I know the type. Somewhere in the recesses of what he uses for a mind, he may have convinced himself he cannot lose, unless the process is rigged against him.

The key to lying effectively is to believe the lie. Recent neurological research in false memories suggests this is not even a contradiction. Even if you know it's a lie, it feels like truth in your brain. And vice versa. Polling data you know to be true can be compartmentalized as false, and therefore a lie, in your brain as well.

His senior campaign staff ought to be going insane trying to change things. Unless they also believe the big lie and do the mental gymnastics as needed. Again, either the whole Orange Man campaign is seriously troubled, or they're a Democratic party plant. I wonder which option Sherlock Holmes would regard as impossible, and which as merely highly improbable.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 20th, 2016 at 1:43:18 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Wizard
How about this. Assuming Clinton wins, the bet will be whether Trump begins a concession speech within 24 hours of CNN declaring Clinton the winner.

I'm not feeling very confident on this so how about just $20, where I have the no concession speech side?

If Trump wins, there is no action.

Quote: Ayecarumba
You have a bet.

I thought this was a lock, but after last night, I am not so sure...
Page 9 of 9« First<6789