Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

June 13th, 2016 at 1:27:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
someone like Trump does not deserve to seriously run for the highest office in this great country of ours.

'Someone like Trump'? What does that mean,
exactly. He's too rich? Hillary is worth hundreds
of millions.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 13th, 2016 at 1:31:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
'Someone like Trump'? What does that mean,
exactly. He's too rich? Hillary is worth hundreds
of millions.

Trump stands up for working Americans which is why he has my vote. I do not care that he is not PC. I in fact prefer it. His "insults" are no worse than what the democrats throw at the GOP. It is not the PC guy who can do a dirty job.
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2016 at 1:47:43 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I need to come out and say that we need to nuke Trump too.

I find it ironic for a Catholic priest to essentially paraphrase King Henry ][: Will no one rid us of this troublesome clown? :)

Quote:
I believe the only future for the Republican party is to do whatever it takes to make sure Trump is not their nominee.

Way too late for that.

I said a full-blown GOP civil war at the convention over removing trump will damage the party less than letting the clown run. But do you think the party of conservatives will dare break with all precedent and tradition? I estimate the chances of that are closer to absolute zero than liquid helium.

The one and only chance for the GOP establishment, base, rebels, newcomers, Tea-partiers and hangers-on have to drop Trump like a hot potato, would be to get the clown to channel Mondale and promise to raise taxes. And I don't think even Trump is that stupid (hell, I find it hard to believe Mondale was that stupid, and he was the most irrelevant person in the Carter administration).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 13th, 2016 at 1:52:36 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Why would the constitution apply to someone who is a citizen of a country not the USA?

There is no right to enter the USA. Same as I would have supported banning entry to Gernans in 1918 we should ban muslims today. And boo hoo hoo to those that think it is racist, islamophobic, or any other term. When a group hates you then you do not let them enter.

Germans in 1918? You'd have been a year after US entered the 1st world war, and 3 years after everyone else was fighting it. And a year after the US took steps to interned 4,000 German aliens. The Black Tom bombing in 1916 had pretty much put a start to the the anti-German feeling, and the Zimmerman telegram (from Mexico) pretty much put paid to a neutral US.

So by the declaration of war in April 1917, I suspect German's weren't coming into the country, and your calls in 1918 would have looked a little late. Many weren't released until 1920. Despite being US citizens.

Similarly, after Pearl Harbour, 11,000 Germans interred and 120,000 Japanese-Americans were interred.

Note the common theme: it's all by country and citizenship NOT by religion and spirituality.

German internment of the Jews who 'hated the country' began with the Aryan code in April 1933, and escalated over time. Germany also interred (and then killed) homosexuals, intellectuals, Romani, communists and Poles, Slovenes, Spanish Civil war fighters and Serbs, the disabled and other groups.

US citizens do have a right to enter the US. Being able to tell someone's religion at a port of entry is going to be hard. I am sure people can lie about it, or not tell.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 13th, 2016 at 2:00:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
Germans in 1918? You'd have been a year after US entered the 1st world war, and 3 years after everyone else was fighting it. And a year after the US took steps to interned 4,000 German aliens. The Black Tom bombing in 1916 had pretty much put a start to the the anti-German feeling, and the Zimmerman telegram (from Mexico) pretty much put paid to a neutral US.

So by the declaration of war in April 1917, I suspect German's weren't coming into the country, and your calls in 1918 would have looked a little late. Many weren't released until 1920. Despite being US citizens.

Similarly, after Pearl Harbour, 11,000 Germans interred and 120,000 Japanese-Americans were interred.

Note the common theme: it's all by country and citizenship NOT by religion and spirituality.

German internment of the Jews who 'hated the country' began with the Aryan code in April 1933, and escalated over time. Germany also interred (and then killed) homosexuals, intellectuals, Romani, communists and Poles, Slovenes, Spanish Civil war fighters and Serbs, the disabled and other groups.

US citizens do have a right to enter the US. Being able to tell someone's religion at a port of entry is going to be hard. I am sure people can lie about it, or not tell.

I just picked a common year. It matters not if it was country then and religion now. That is semantics. The issue is the common element. The common thread. People who cannot handle that need to grow up and face reality. Islam declared war on the USA. Not the other way around.
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2016 at 2:02:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Nareed

Way too late for that.

Wayyyyy too late, Trump has over 1500
delegates that are bound by the rules
to vote for him on the first ballot. He
only needs 1237 to win. He's the
nominee, no way around it. Thank
the gods..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 13th, 2016 at 2:15:59 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Nareed

Way too late for that.

I said a full-blown GOP civil war at the convention over removing trump will damage the party less than letting the clown run. But do you think the party of conservatives will dare break with all precedent and tradition? I estimate the chances of that are closer to absolute zero than liquid helium.

I don't think it is too late or we need some kind of big messy GOP civil war. The guys like Ryan and others can boycott the convention. Trump's supporters like Christie can revoke their endorsement. Just leave him on an island and see what he does. The GOP might need to officially nominate him because of the delegates, but they can make it clear that this is not the person they want leading the party or the country. Again the GOP will lose the election but the country will be better off and the respect the GOP would earn would fare very well I believe in future elections and the direction our country would go.

Yes, many, many people voted for Trump. However, we have representatives for a reason. They sometimes need to go against the wrongheaded decisions of the popular vote. The best politicians in my opinion do what is right and don't just become slaves to popular opinion or majority rule. It is tough and a hard thing to do and their are consequences, but every time you do something right and moral this is the case.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 13th, 2016 at 2:26:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I don't think it is too late or we need some kind of big messy GOP civil war.

The GOP needs to kick out the religious right and the bigots. The sooner, the better. If it needs a civil war, a better time than this one won't come along again soon.

Quote:
The guys like Ryan and others can boycott the convention. Trump's supporters like Christie can revoke their endorsement.

Ryan cannot instigate a civil war, which is what he will have if he doesn't endorse Trump. Christie is a Cowardly Lion and, to be polite, the clown's brown-nose.

Quote:
The GOP might need to officially nominate him because of the delegates, but they can make it clear that this is not the person they want leading the party or the country.

Hard as it is for a politician to look past the next election, most in the GOP establishment know that a Democratic third straight term is not the end of the world. but if they don't stump for their candidate, even if it's Trump, they'll be letting go the House and the Senate as well.

If that happens, BTW, look for express confirmation of Obama's Supreme Court pick the first Wednesday after the election.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 13th, 2016 at 3:09:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
I don't think it is too late

Oh but it is too late, it's a done deal.
Why don't you support Hillary, she
loves abortions and wants an open
border so we can import every
terrorist who wants to come here.

I don't get what you see is wrong with
Trump, so far you haven't said.
June 13th, 2016 at 3:19:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Again the GOP will lose the election

Do you have a crustal ball? Where
do you get that from.

'On Friday, the latest Fox poll was released on Thursday, and it has Hillary up by just 3 points.
This week the RCP Average stands has Hillary Clinton up by 3.8
Rasmussen Reports has Clinton up by four, 42 to 38. Overall it's a statistical tie'