Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

June 13th, 2016 at 5:54:15 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
. I do not care that he is not PC. I in fact prefer it. His "insults" are no worse than what the democrats throw at the GOP. .

He wouldn't last 5 min on this board
That says volumes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 13th, 2016 at 6:01:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

I don't get what you see is wrong with
Trump, so far you haven't said.

+1

The biggest thing I hear people complain is Trump is a "bully." What on earth does that even mean?

Trump did not blame a YouTube video while letting people die.

Trump did not offer influence for sale to foreign interests.

Trump did not neglect his duty to protect secrets all for the reason of not wanting to be accountable for emails.

Trump did not try to destroy women who accused his spouse of rape and harassment.
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2016 at 6:48:40 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Be careful not to cherry-pick your presidential polling data.

There are a number of sites out there with an aggregation of different polls presented on them.

Here is the first one I found today:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

So when you say Clinton this or Trump that, make sure you are seeing a bigger picture and not just what you want to see.

It is also good to get corroboration between these aggregations of polls, so here is another one

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton

Though if I recall the name Huffington is sometimes used like a curse word by some.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 13th, 2016 at 6:57:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67

I don't get what you see is wrong with
Trump, so far you haven't said.

There are many things that I see wrong with Trump and his policies, however I will only point out the most scary and disconcerting thing I have noticed about him. I am downright frightened by how he handles criticism. If you disagree with him he attacks and ruthlessly so. He doesn't address the substance of the attack and just goes the jugular and attacks the person usually personally or at their weakest vulnerability. He polarizes people by making you either be hot or cold for him. If you are lukewarm of have reservations he will belittle or intimidate you until you either become hot or are labeled by his supporters as "crooked" or "lying" or "crazy" or even "ugly". This is the exact opposite of what I look for in a politician.

I imagine a politician as being a deep thinker on the issues of the day and one willing to engage in discussion and debate about the issues. To recognize the weaknesses in his or her plan and the strengths in the other persons. A politician engages is the "art of the possible" and is willing to compromise and work together with others. Someone who demonizes those who disagree with him is on the road to dangerous places.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 13th, 2016 at 7:08:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
This is the exact opposite of what I look for in a politician.

He's not a politician, thank Zeus. The
voters know politicians get you squat,
that's why they like Trump. You want
the status quo because it makes you
comfortable. Maybe it's time for us
to be uncomfortable for a change
and get some things done. The
one thing we know about Trump,
he is not all hat and no cattle. He
accomplishes things, he doesn't
just talk at them like most politicians.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 13th, 2016 at 7:43:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
He
accomplishes things, he doesn't
just talk at them like most politicians.

There's plenty of people who accomplish things that don't act like Trump and aren't nearly as erratic and sketchy. Romney only needed more charisma to be a threat to win. You guys didn't have to abandon all reason and commonsense and go with the likes of Trump. Talk about going off the rails.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 13th, 2016 at 8:27:06 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
I imagine a politician as being a deep thinker on the issues of the day and one willing to engage in discussion and debate about the issues.

Thanks for the laugh :)

Seriously, very few are like that. Very, very few. Most just understand the issues deeply enough to manipulate the polls to get elected, stay elected and/or pay off debts.

That's why politicians flip-flop and break campaign promises. The latter in particular because when you want to implement a policy, then you really need to look deeply into the issues. And that's when most people find out how devilishly complicated so many things really are, and that quick fix or sound bite won't help.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 13th, 2016 at 8:27:50 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
There's plenty of people who accomplish things that don't act like Trump and aren't nearly as erratic and sketchy.

Maybe, but can they make the trains run on time?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 13th, 2016 at 8:54:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Nareed
Maybe, but can they make the trains run on time?

Not the decent ones, no.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 13th, 2016 at 9:56:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
There's plenty of people who accomplish things

Except none of them are running for
president. You have to take what you're
given. Trump is a do'er, he doesn't
know how to be anything else.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.