Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

January 21st, 2017 at 3:50:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
If he butters them up, he hopes they won't leak info on him..

Trump is not Obama, he's letting the CIA know
that under him things are going to be different.
And they seem to be enthusiastic about it, he
has to hold another meeting and got a lot of
applause when he mentioned getting a bigger
room.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 21st, 2017 at 7:04:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I don't think I've ever seen so many professionals criticize a new President. Trump is nothing to be proud of. I wonder how many times I'm going to point that out. Probably lots.

I guess some people think it's great the guy with top job can act like such a crass human being. And lie on top of it.

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Former CIA Director John Brennan is "deeply saddened and angered" at President Donald Trump after the commander in chief addressed CIA employees at their headquarters in Langley, Virginia, on Saturday, Brennan's former deputy chief of staff says.
Trump spent much of his speech -- which he gave in front of a memorial wall that honors the 117 CIA officers who have fallen in the line of duty -- focusing on the size of the crowd size at his inauguration, his appearance on magazine covers and saying he "has a running war with the media."

"Former CIA Director Brennan is deeply saddened and angered at Donald Trump's despicable display of self-aggrandizement in front of CIA's Memorial Wall of Agency heroes," Nick Shapiro said in a statement. "Brennan says that Trump should be ashamed of himself."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/trump-to-cia-i-am-so-behind-you/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 21st, 2017 at 7:50:00 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
"FORMER " is the key word. Don't let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.
January 21st, 2017 at 10:52:19 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
EvenBob, come on even you must admit the nonsensical bragging and ill thought out first speech to the CIA was just horrible. You complain about Obama's references to himself. How can you listen to this "speech" and not be gravely concerned for the man who is our president and his ability to lead?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 21st, 2017 at 11:07:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
EvenBob, come on even you must admit the nonsensical bragging and ill thought out first speech to the CIA was just horrible.

Sen Tom Cotton, who serves on the Senate
Intelligence Committee, saw the same speech
you did, and saw it differently.

"The CIA employees who gathered for Trump's remarks, and American intelligence professionals in general, appreciate the approach the new president has taken to national security issues and aren't put off by his unconventional style", said Cotton.
"President Trump's affection for troops, cops, and firefighters is genuine and well-known," Cotton said Saturday evening, in an email exchange with the Washington Examiner. "Intelligence officers are cut from the same cloth, so President Trump's affection for them isn't surprising, whatever his differences with Obama-era political appointees. Today, President Trump told the men and women of the CIA exactly what they needed to hear: he loves them, he respects them, and he will back them all the way."

And they gave him an almost 5 min standing
ovation at the end. They loved him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 22nd, 2017 at 12:16:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Yeah, he's a seasoned observer.

Quote:
Thomas Bryant "Tom" Cotton is an American politician who is the junior United States Senator from Arkansas. A member of the Republican Party, Cotton has served in the Senate since January 3, 2015. At age 39, he is currently the youngest U.S. Senator
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 22nd, 2017 at 2:33:43 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Yeah, he's a seasoned observer.

Brennan may be a more "seasoned" observer but he is looking at it as Obama's CIA Director.

There are thousands of highly trained people in the intelligence agencies we have. Get to the top, however, and it becomes a little more political. I honor Brennan's service, but I think he way overstated his case.
January 22nd, 2017 at 4:01:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I guess some people think it's great the guy with top job can act like such a crass human being. And lie on top of it.

This is the problem for a lot of Americans who feel that many of the things Trump will actually do will be an improvement from Obama actions and policies. I was rarely happy that Obama was President, but never embarrassed that he was.
January 22nd, 2017 at 5:48:18 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
This is the problem for a lot of Americans who feel that many of the things Trump will actually do will be an improvement from Obama actions and policies. I was rarely happy that Obama was President, but never embarrassed that he was.

This feeling can only go on so long, but I'd rather be a little embarrassed at the President and have him improve things over the Obama administration than never be embarrassed and Hillary be the President.

The ACA can be improved on. If Trump fails, and the changes take place quickly, he could lose the House or Senate over it. It is not like he can freely screw it all up and not be held accountable. Even though it didn't cover nearly "ALL" the people as we were sold on, many more do have insurance of some sort, even though premiums are rising way too fast.

Trump did win 36 more votes in the EC than he needed, but those could easily be lost in four years if he does not put policies in place that actually help the people that made the difference in the rust belt states, etc. His mandate is narrow; to stay in office, he needs to grow support. I don't think staying the same is an option.

His "deplorables" could easily take their "deplorable" asses back to the other side. As long as Hillary doesn't run again, that comment will not keep people from going back to where they come from. Again, it is all about action and not words.

There were times when I was embarrassed that Obama was President. Most of them were when he tried to get involved in an issue when the facts were not clear and ended up being wrong. Let the locals take care of local stuff; get involved when things are clear.
January 22nd, 2017 at 7:05:45 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
EvenBob, come on even you must admit the nonsensical bragging and ill thought out first speech to the CIA was just horrible. You complain about Obama's references to himself. How can you listen to this "speech" and not be gravely concerned for the man who is our president and his ability to lead?

Golden Boy could urge people to loot, pillage, rape, plunder and murder, and his supporters would tell you it's a call for unity.

Seriously, did you not read the definitive manual on totalitarian and authoritarian tactics, otherwise known as 1984 by George Orwell?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER