Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

February 3rd, 2017 at 11:31:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: stinkingliberal

If you want to know the difference between Democrats and Republicans, it's that when the Dems were in power, they didn't devote all their efforts to snuffing out the voice of the minority party.

Ummmmmm...... Affordable Care Act?
February 3rd, 2017 at 11:40:20 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The next president won't have to do an apology tour, but an ass-kissing tour to repair all the damage Golden Boy is intent on doing.

I mean, seriously, how many countries have been as supportive of America as Australia? They even helped out in Vietnam!

This guy is intent in being rude to his allies and obsequious to his enemies. And his supporters think this makes him an "alpha male." <roll-eyes>.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 3rd, 2017 at 11:51:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Nareed
This guy is intent in being rude to his allies and obsequious to his enemies. And his supporters think this makes him an "alpha male." <roll-eyes>.

a.k.a., Biff Tannen
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2017 at 12:24:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Ummmmmm...... Affordable Care Act?

This made me LOL.

Dems passing the ACA (a Republican idea) in 2010 qualifies as "snuffing out the voice of the minority party."

"Poor people can get health care now. WE HAVE NO VOICE!"
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 3rd, 2017 at 1:03:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
This made me LOL.

Dems passing the ACA (a Republican idea) in 2010 qualifies as "snuffing out the voice of the minority party."

"Poor people can get health care now. WE HAVE NO VOICE!"

You are too smart for such a simple minded response (I think). During the discussion and attempted passage of the ACA the at that time majority party (Dems) ignored the fact that zero members of the minority party (Repubs) would vote for it. Zero. So when for a few days the Dems had full control of all 3 power centers, they backdoored it in. And if you want to keep saying the ACA was a "Republican idea", that is also disingenuous. There may be some parts of the ACA that Repubs would like to take credit for, but you do know that the bill as a whole has many parts that the Repubs are flat out against.
As both sides like to say after they win, "elections have consequences". The minority party now (Dems) will be having their voices snuffed out for at a minimum the next 2 years, and in all likelihood the next 4 years.
My personal hope is that 4 years from now the Dems take 1 of the 3, most likely the presidency, requiring a consensus to get something done. Face may check me into the boards, but I can see Andrew Cuomo running on a platform that he worked with a New York State Republican Senate and got a balanced budget passed, reigned in unions, while also keeping true to his Liberal base by increasing minimum wage, advancing LGBTQ issues, expanding Medicaid, etc.....
February 3rd, 2017 at 1:20:06 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288

This issue was poorly handled by both parties.

First, the Republicans had plenty of time prior to 2006 to come up with their own version of healthcare reform, but did little more than the prescription drug benefit (doughnut hole and all). Second, they were so intent on stopping Obamacare that they presented no counter-proposal of their own. While introducing legislation would be nearly impossible, they could have presented one to the people, especially for the 2010 midterm elections. They did nothing but loudly say "OVER MY DEAD BODY."

Third, Obama delegated the whole thing to the House, which was controlled by his party. He tried to get Republicans involved in the drafting, but in an insincere, pro-forma kind of way. Had he been serious, and honest, he'd have appointed a non-partisan commission, and would have invited the opposition party to name as many members of the commission as he would himself.

Fourth, Nancy Pelosi did rush and ram the legislation through, giving nowhere enough time to even read the thing, much less debate and amend its contents.

All this assumes government is run by responsible adults who sincerely want to coexist with their political rivals. Instead we have irresponsible adults stuck to the present, who couldn't care less about anything but defeating their political rivals.

enjoy.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 3rd, 2017 at 5:07:59 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: SOOPOO
You are too smart for such a simple minded response (I think). During the discussion and attempted passage of the ACA the at that time majority party (Dems) ignored the fact that zero members of the minority party (Repubs) would vote for it. Zero. So when for a few days the Dems had full control of all 3 power centers, they backdoored it in. And if you want to keep saying the ACA was a "Republican idea", that is also disingenuous. There may be some parts of the ACA that Repubs would like to take credit for, but you do know that the bill as a whole has many parts that the Repubs are flat out against.

You forget (as so many do) that the kludgy, bastardized ACA was that way because the Democrats acceded to several Republican demands. One of those demands was that Obama slit his own throat on national TV, but he refused, so the Republicans went into Sulk Mode, which they maintained for the next eight years. Ir was a compromise, something that (in hindsight) the Dems should never have allowed had they known what the Party of No would do from then on.

I referred earlier to how the Republicans are trying to enact one-party rule. When the Dems were in power in 2009, they didn't immediately start twisting the rules so that the minority party would have no voice. They realized that there was a good reason why a supermajority is required for consequential legislation. They believed in including their Republican colleagues in the discussion. They, in short, had honor and believed in democracy. Unlike the present-day Republicans.
February 3rd, 2017 at 7:10:37 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
AWWWW Come on now. The ACA promised so much and you can read for yourself how all of that promises have been fulfilled.

It is obvious that everyone of those Republicans were wrong!

http://www.heritage.org/health-care-reform/report/ten-broken-obamacare-promises
February 4th, 2017 at 12:28:24 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: buzzardknot
AWWWW Come on now. The ACA promised so much and you can read for yourself how all of that promises have been fulfilled.

It is obvious that everyone of those Republicans were wrong!

http://www.heritage.org/health-care-reform/report/ten-broken-obamacare-promises

The fact of the matter is that the ACA is working. Twenty million people who didn't have health insurance have it now.

Besides, Republicans don't want to destroy it because it works or doesn't work. They want to murder it because it was one of that Muslim darky's accomplishments. Another factor is that the Republicans don't want the lesser breeds to have health care, because they might live long enough to reproduce (shudder).

Heritage.org is a righty extremist website and not a valid news source.
February 4th, 2017 at 12:50:01 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: stinkingliberal
Heritage.org is a righty extremist website and not a valid news source.

Like most, if not all, media outlets these days Heritage does have a point of view and is not simply reporting the story. You didn't attack the story, you attacked the source...were the statements in the story true or not? Does Obamacare fulfill the promises that were made at the time it was passed?

I'm not "for" just repealing Obamacare; it needs to be properly replaced with something that fixes the flaws in Obamacare. Hopefully most people understand you can't unravel a huge law in just a few days, weeks, or even months. I am sure some don't understand that.

I don't even care what they call the new thing...they can call it Obamacare II if they want.

Your constant droning about everything being racism against Obama is tiresome and worthless. A different party is in power. Different parties usually try to undo some things done by the party previously in power.