Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

February 5th, 2017 at 1:40:44 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: RonC
The people were in a mood for change; she didn't provide enough of it. She didn't have to lie to do that; she just had to show that she cared about the problems in a way that made people feel that caring.

Well, I got sick to death of hearing about all these people supposedly thirsting for change. EVERYONE, but EVERYONE, thinks their job isn't good enough, they don't get paid enough, they don't live in a big enough house, they don't get laid often enough, they don't own enough slaves, whatever, and those deficiencies are SOMEBODY'S FAULT GODDAMN IT. Don't try to improve your life, as in, exert any effort. Just latch on to the next populist clown spewing promises and identify and vilify the "THEM" who are keeping you from attaining that state of nirvana you aspire to.

I think she took an intellectual's approach to explain situations to people who were anti-intellectual. The "they're takin away all our jobz!" chant was twisted by Trump so that it was an attack on free trade and a siren song for protectionism. The truth is that Joe Sixpack lost his job because of automation and computerization. He never learned to do anything with a computer except put his beer on top of one. Now, he's obsolete and without saleable skills. Clinton could have explained all this to him.

Bottom line: since it's clear you can't win without the idiot vote, political campaigns should be aimed at charming the idiots. Clinton never, never considered doing that. She placed far too high a value on reason, logic, and unsexy, incremental change. Joe Sixpack wanted results, even illusory ones, NOW goddammit.
February 5th, 2017 at 5:39:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
Van Jones said something in a Time article regarding the protest movement that reflects how poor of a candidate the Democrats ran to oppose Trump...it was something about the energy they can muster against Trump is about five times what they could for Hillary. Hillary may have been the only Democrat that couldn't beat Trump. No matter how much one tries to dress it up, Hillary lost the election for the Democrats. One that was winnable. Trump is their fault, too!

That is so funny because when "energy" was mentioned the liberals pooh poohed the concept to death. I'm not one to buy that Bernie could have easily won, but had he been the nominee the energy levels would have been fairly equal. Hillary was the Democrat McCain, a candidate run because it was "their turn" to be the nominee. Not quite as bad a candidate as McCain was since she had the energy of the crazy feminist types while McCain had no real niche that loved him. But the end result was the same. No energy.

Had the GOP nominated someone besides Trump, they would not have had such an energy advantage.
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2017 at 7:13:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: stinkingliberal
. It's skin-crawling to think that almost one of every two people you run into in the street is a bigoted, racist, moronic, evil pig.

How sad it must be to be you. Every day you go to the supermarket you have disdain for half of the people there. And there is nothing you can do about it. I on the other hand could not really understand someone pushing that "Trump" button on election day, but have no hatred for those that did. I feel bad for you.
February 5th, 2017 at 8:43:31 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
" Probably best to drop the crooked Hillary label as it's been old news for some time now that she's innocent of any wrongdoing, "

Nareed, here is a real joke for you.
February 5th, 2017 at 12:08:55 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: SOOPOO
How sad it must be to be you. Every day you go to the supermarket you have disdain for half of the people there. And there is nothing you can do about it. I on the other hand could not really understand someone pushing that "Trump" button on election day, but have no hatred for those that did. I feel bad for you.

Well, if I actually felt the way you say I do, your opinion would be justified. But I don't hate Trumpers, any more than I hate cockroaches. I feel disgust, loathing, and for those who used to be decent people, even a smidge of pity. But hatred? Naah. They're not worth the energy any more.

As far as "what I can do about it," all I have to do is wait. I can't seem to find who said it, but the half-life of evil is relatively short. AZD talks about the "energy" of Trumpers and how they carried the OO to victory. But the energy of hatred and bigotry fizzles out. The cheering crowds of 1936 Nuremberg had a lot of "energy," all right, but eight years later that energy was reduced to cursing at their beloved leader as they cowered in bomb shelters.

And despite your jerkwad comment, it's actually pretty damn great to be me. I'm a smart person and not a scumwad Trumper. I enjoy my life and will continue to do so even as Trump and his goons try to make it more miserable. I'm a liberal and proud of it, and I'm on the winning side despite this latest setback. Simple human decency will "trump" hatred eventually.
February 5th, 2017 at 12:15:37 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: AZDuffman
That is so funny because when "energy" was mentioned the liberals pooh poohed the concept to death. I'm not one to buy that Bernie could have easily won, but had he been the nominee the energy levels would have been fairly equal. Hillary was the Democrat McCain, a candidate run because it was "their turn" to be the nominee. Not quite as bad a candidate as McCain was since she had the energy of the crazy feminist types while McCain had no real niche that loved him. But the end result was the same. No energy.

Had the GOP nominated someone besides Trump, they would not have had such an energy advantage.

Everyone who advocates for women's rights is a crazy feminist in Duffy World.

"Energy" is not necessarily a positive thing. Lynch mobs have energy. The Nuremberg rallies had energy. And yea verily, those MOOZLEEM TERRORISTS all have lotsa energy. Hatred, bigotry, anger, and fear all are powerful emotions. But we should not base our national character on looking for people to sock in the face.

I acknowledge that the "energy" of hate can be used to win a Presidential election. One cannot underestimate the collective power of the Trump animals when gathered into a single corral. Videos of last year's Trumper hate rallies showed that power. It's ugly, it's destructive, and it's stupid, but AZD is absolutely right--it's powerful.
February 6th, 2017 at 3:25:54 PM permalink
buzzardknot
I had this silly dream last night that Trump won and Hillary's people were rioting, destroying property, injuring people.. refusing to recognize Trump as the President.

OOOPS Was not a dream, left the TV on. My bad!
February 6th, 2017 at 3:44:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: buzzardknot
.. refusing to recognize Trump as the President.

OOOPS Was not a dream, left the TV on. My bad!

I don't even think Bannon recognizes Trump as President
Bannon doesn't need clueless Trump to run the administration.
Bannon is running the show, not Trump.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 6th, 2017 at 3:50:36 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Quote: terapined
I don't even think Bannon recognizes Trump as President
Bannon doesn't need clueless Trump to run the administration.
Bannon is running the show, not Trump.

Well, who is your source on those facts? Besides Stinky, I mean.
February 6th, 2017 at 4:02:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: buzzardknot
Well, who is your source on those facts? Besides Stinky, I mean.

Foxnews of course :-)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/06/report-trump-not-fully-briefed-on-exec-order-that-gave-bannon-seat-at-nsc-meetings.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"