Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

October 21st, 2016 at 1:20:29 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: YeahBaby
More nonsense

Are we playing the game of who can find the most polls for one side or the other? Are you going to pissed when you see Hils kicking the Trumper's ass in the other polls?

No, suspect not.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 22nd, 2016 at 6:58:11 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Nareed
The latest numbers at Real Clear Politics place Clinton with 262 electoral votes without including toss-up states (those where the differences fall within the margin of error). 270 are needed to win.

This means that on Nov 8th we'll see the Orange Man claim the election was rigged. No doubt he'll try a desperate, completely unrealistic gambit, such as telling the electors to vote for him <roll-eyes>.

That in itself would be nothing. Literally nothing. The ravings of a lunatic, maybe, nothing more. And one could expect the rest of the GOP to abide by the results, no matter if they don't like it. But if the Democrats take the Senate, maybe the GOP leaders will figure they can join Trump's tantrum and maybe get their majority back (I don't think they'll loose the House). They'll try to justify it by referencing the 2000 election and Al Gore (who lost fair and square)

Unless some provable cheating or a Florida-type situation (too close to call) happens, it really does not matter what Trump says once the loss is in the books. He can stand up and scream all he wants; without actionable items to contest the election, the results will be accepted by most of the population. It is possible that some will say he won when he clearly didn't, much like some are still claiming a Gore victory in 2000. He'll still be a loud mouth, of course, but the country will move on towards the next goal of their party--winning or keeping the White House in 2020, gaining or regaining the majority in the Congress, and living life (for the most of us).

Stupid people do stupid things, of course, so some things may happen. Both sides have plenty of stupid people and there are some people too stupid to have a side, so who knows how they will react. They really aren't a vast basket of anything--most people are not nuts.

I don't see anything to the GOP joining a Trump tantrum that would actually help them (again, barring actionable items) and they will be more interested in the post-Trump GOP than in keeping the Trump campaign alive. You can't take a seat back that you have lost fair and square...and prolonging it with an election cycle just two years away will do more harm than good.
October 22nd, 2016 at 9:53:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Watching Trump live on TV right now
Seems to be on teleprompter a lot
He ranted a little but now he is talking a lot of issues
He was very low key but a lot of substance.
I think the Al Smith dinner was a real eye opener for him
besides being booed, which he is not used to due to a bipartisan crowd instead of his base
The line after dinner to talk to Clinton was very long, not so for Trump who did not linger and left
That line is telling. It was long because people want to talk to a future President of the USA
That line is not rigged or fixed, its reality.
I think seeing that line, it really hit him he is losing and losing badly
Hence his rally today which was very subdued compared to rallies as recently as a few days ago
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2016 at 10:35:55 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
it's interesting, I noticed the same thing. Not so much about the lines at the Al Smith dinner but that his rallies have much more substance about issues and not so much vitriol and nonsense. Way too little, way too late??
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 22nd, 2016 at 10:53:51 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
I think the Al Smith dinner was a real eye opener for him

Perhaps so. but in a few days he'll have recovered and he'll be back to being himself.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 22nd, 2016 at 11:01:30 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
WELL LOOKY LOOKY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da most accurate poll say Trumper is winning!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.investors.com/politics/ibd-tipp-presidential-election-poll

need some Tums little guy? lol..........................
October 22nd, 2016 at 11:13:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: terapined
I think seeing that line, it really hit him he is losing and losing badly
Hence his rally today which was very subdued compared to rallies as recently as a few days ago

I read the other day he is having some financial issues. He's still trying to hold onto his investment in the Trump Tower in Canada, because they will likely strip the name off it and he doesn't want it to happen before the election ends. Of course there could be other legal issues on his mind considering all the stuff which has been made public.

In other words, people could be mistaking his mood for losing the election, when it could be more financial or legal.

Richard Branson (Virgin airlines) is in a story today about meeting Trump one time. Trump invited him to lunch and then spent the whole time talking about getting revenge on 5 people who didn't help him during a bankruptcy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2016 at 11:48:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
.Richard Branson (Virgin airlines) is in a story today about meeting Trump one time. Trump invited him to lunch and then spent the whole time talking about getting revenge on 5 people who didn't help him during a bankruptcy.

I read that story.
Branson was afraid that Trump was gonna hit him up for some money and if he said no, he would become number 6 on the list
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 22nd, 2016 at 12:14:26 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Branson should be everyone's hero. He started his business career with a criminal conviction for tax fraud.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/how_failure_breeds_success/2014/05/richard_branson_tax_fraud_how_a_youthful_indiscretion_helped_create_a_billionaire.html

He has been in tax exile for the last 7 years, but says it's NOT about the money .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businessclub/10376341/Ive-been-a-tax-exile-for-seven-years-says-Branson.html
October 23rd, 2016 at 7:15:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
New ABC/Washington Post poll (which Nate Silver ranks as an A+ pollster) has Hillary up +12, 50% to Trump's 38%.

That's up from Hillary being +4 last time they polled.

Ruh roh.

Hear that? I think YeahBaby just wet himself...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman