Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

June 13th, 2016 at 10:44:33 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
As far as I know, there's no wall at either of Mexico's southern borders.

Exactly. There's plenty of fake pictures claiming there is a wall in Mexico. If you read certain websites at least.

Quote:

Also as far as I know, most of Mexico's enforcement to keep out undocumented immigrants is because they make their way to the US, which pressures Mexico to keep them out. Even so, it's not much of a priority.

What is true is that Mexicans can be as xenophobic as the average American appears to be. And it's at this point that one likes to say "Two wrongs don't make a right."

People in general have a fear of the stranger. I really don't think it's a problem if the US decides to be insular and close down the borders. They just have a very strange attitude to actually doing it and being clear about it.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 13th, 2016 at 10:50:42 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: TheCesspit
Exactly. There's plenty of fake pictures claiming there is a wall in Mexico. If you read certain websites at least.

I've seen some. They uniformly betray ignorance of the highest degree. I mean, all those pictures show a desert landscape with a fence or wall. Mexico's borders with Belize and Guatemala are in jungle-like areas overgrown with tropical vegetation.

Really, at least make the fake photo plausible.

Quote:
I really don't think it's a problem if the US decides to be insular and close down the borders.

I do think it's a problem, but then I generally like the US and don't want to see them engage in stupid, self-destructive policies.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 13th, 2016 at 11:07:08 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I do think it's a problem, but then I generally like the US and don't want to see them engage in stupid, self-destructive policies.

Oh, I mean I think it's a problem for -them- but more generally in the bigger scheme of things, as long as countries are keeping a minimum level of human rights, its not my place to demand they do things like open borders or have free trade, or sell milk at reasonable prices.

I should remember that of course when talking about US politics. If they want a orange-faced blowhard running their country, it's up to them.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 13th, 2016 at 11:32:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

Regardless of if you know good muslims or not, the fact is there is a problem. PC is going to kill more and more people.

There is a problem
its called gay hatred
Its a Muslim problem. Its a conservative problem. Its a Christian evangelical problem
Gays are harassed, assaulted and killed all across this country. 50 is horrible
1 by 1 by 1 ect which adds up to numbers well over 50 by gay haters over the years is also equally horrible
Its not just a Muslim problem
its a hate problem
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 13th, 2016 at 11:38:43 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The he "appreciates the congrats," and then it's all about what he wants.

He was being bombarded by congrats
on all sides and he said he didn't want
congrats, he wanted to get things done.
What's wrong with that.

'Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!'
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 13th, 2016 at 11:45:49 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
on all sides

LOL

No... he wasn't. He didn't get congrats from any side, let alone "all sides."

He made that up.

You need to lay off the Trump Kool-Aid for a day or two.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 13th, 2016 at 11:54:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
on all sides and he said he didn't want
congrats, he wanted to get things done.
What's wrong with that.

It like predicting the sun will come up tomorrow
There will be another mass shooting in the USA due to all the guns out there
its logic
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 13th, 2016 at 1:07:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
The Constitution.

Why would the constitution apply to someone who is a citizen of a country not the USA?

There is no right to enter the USA. Same as I would have supported banning entry to Gernans in 1918 we should ban muslims today. And boo hoo hoo to those that think it is racist, islamophobic, or any other term. When a group hates you then you do not let them enter.
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2016 at 1:17:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
It like predicting the sun will come up tomorrow
There will be another mass shooting in the USA due to all the guns out there
its logic

Doesn't seem to me the guns are the common element.
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2016 at 1:19:08 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Wizard
Nuke. If the threat weren't enough, this is also a violation of DT rule 15.

Wizard thanks for the nuke.

I need to come out and say that we need to nuke Trump too. I believe the only future for the Republican party is to do whatever it takes to make sure Trump is not their nominee. Yes, they will lose the election but they will make a clear statement to this country to start soul searching and realize that someone like Trump does not deserve to seriously run for the highest office in this great country of ours.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (