Future: DC yes, AC no?

June 29th, 2016 at 4:38:26 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Nareed, not to side track this too much but is your water expensive in Mexico City? Are there nearby lakes or rivers or where does most of the water come from? Surprisingly because we are in the desert water doesn't seem that expensive in Las Vegas. Our rate is about $1.16 for 1000 gallons. The prices increase as you use more. I think it goes up to $3.10 for usage over 20,000.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 29th, 2016 at 5:14:53 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
Nareed, not to side track this too much but is your water expensive in Mexico City?

It's rather cheap.

Quote:
Are there nearby lakes or rivers or where does most of the water come from?

the irony involved is amazing, and tragic.

Mex City was mostly made up of lakes, and there were some rivers in the dry areas. Since the conquest and further urbanization, the lakes were dried up (except a few). I don't know exactly what happened to the rivers, but one of them is inside a concrete tube now.

This left a city chronically short of water, which has to be brought from far away, and at the same time prone to flooding.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 29th, 2016 at 5:52:36 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Mexico City is built on a enclosed lake (no water flowed out of it).

It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 29th, 2016 at 10:34:04 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Air conditioning: You gets yourself a small solar panel and run a DC freezer to make ice from water. Then you put the block of ice into a bucket and run copper wiring around an ordinary space fan during the day. Face can make you one for eight bucks, his son can make you one from two paper clips. Works in Arizona, Nevada and metal trailers in Florida.
June 30th, 2016 at 4:13:32 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
636. There's an additional charge of about $5 US.

Usage of 636kWh over two months seems very thrifty. That's just over 10 kWh per day

But
$180-$5 = $175
$175/636kWh = $0.27516 per kWh including taxes (or $275.16 per mWh)
See, we pay a fixed fee of $14.27 and $0.11920 per kWh (or $119.20 per mWh)

That's higher than Japan (but not as high as Germany)

How little do you have to use to get below the DAC?
June 30th, 2016 at 4:20:03 AM permalink
Pacomartin
I don't know exactly what happened to the rivers, but one of them is inside a concrete tube now.

This left a city chronically short of water, which has to be brought from far away, and at the same time prone to flooding.

Most of the major cities have buried rivers now

This one is in NYC

and London

June 30th, 2016 at 6:53:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Pacomartin
Usage of 636kWh over two months seems very thrifty. That's just over 10 kWh per day

I wonder how much I pay to subsidize stolen electricity.
June 30th, 2016 at 7:41:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Keeping to all things electric, I need to get a different charger for use in my car.

See, with the phone running Audible and Waze, and with WiFi and GPS on, when hooked to the charger at the cigarette lighter port, the battery goes down a few points over the course of any trip. I figured it was because it drew more power than could come in.

But yesterday I had it running no aps, and with the WiFi and GPS off, and it also went down a few points, despite drawing power from the car. For the record, with the same charger the iphone IV did charge, while running Waze and Audible and with the same other features on.

I thought all car chargers were the same, but I guess they're not.

Any idea what I ought to look for? Amps, Volts, Ohms? For the record my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note III.
June 30th, 2016 at 7:58:01 AM permalink
Pacomartin

I thought all car chargers were the same, but I guess they're not.
Any idea what I ought to look for? Amps, Volts, Ohms?

Amps is a measure of current. It's not your phone, your charger probably doesn't deliver enough Amps. The higher power chargers are not that much more expensive based on limited test from below.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-2-Port-Charger-Total-Output/dp/B00511PS3C Two 1.05 Amp ports = 2.1 Amp total $6.99
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Charger-Android-Devices-Output/dp/B00IEFXDO8/ref=dp_ob_title_ce Two 2 Amp ports = 4 Amp total $7.99

There is also an unlikely possibility that your charger is broken.

===============
From what I read online all CFE bills have rates for Basico, Intermedio and DAC. with thresholds for each one. the thresholds depend on your zone and if it is summer or winter.

It's difficult to understand how just over 636 kWh in two months could cost you US$180. I would pay $104.35 for the same amount over two months.
June 30th, 2016 at 8:13:03 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Pacomartin
There is also an unlikely possibility that your charger is broken.

No. It charges the tablet as well as ever.

So I need to see how many amps this charger claims to have, then buy one with more.

Thanks.

Quote:
From what I read online all CFE bills have rates for Basico, Intermedio and DAC. with thresholds for each one. the thresholds depend on your zone and if it is summer or winter.

Changing the zone without leaving my apartment will be very hard ;)

Quote:
It's difficult to understand how just over 636 kWh in two months could cost you US$180. I would pay $104.35 for the same amount over two months.

I don't know what to tell you. That's what the bill claims.