4 votes (66.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)

6 members have voted

June 29th, 2016 at 12:36:58 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
They should show the parents how to properly use condoms

Taint the youngin's fault. They play, that's what they do. The parents allowing them to, that's OK, too. But when it goes bad, and then you hire a lawyer to take your blame and make it someone else's, you should be publicly stoned. With rocks. To the pain, at the very least.

An unladen bureau falling over when a drawer is pulled out, that's a design failure worthy of recall / litigation. A fully laden chest of drawers tipping over when all drawers are pulled out, there's your grey area. Using a dresser as a GD ladder, YOUR FAULT.

Even the fact they needed a cartoon tilts me. The path to Utopia is the one with no warning signs. Only the Good Enough need make it to the end =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 29th, 2016 at 12:50:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
Taint the youngin's fault. They play, that's what they do. The parents allowing them to, that's OK, too. But when it goes bad, and then you hire a lawyer to take your blame and make it someone else's, you should be publicly stoned. With rocks. To the pain, at the very least.

An unladen bureau falling over when a drawer is pulled out, that's a design failure worthy of recall / litigation. A fully laden chest of drawers tipping over when all drawers are pulled out, there's your grey area. Using a dresser as a GD ladder, YOUR FAULT.

Even the fact they needed a cartoon tilts me. The path to Utopia is the one with no warning signs. Only the Good Enough need make it to the end =p
Go back at least 50 years and find an office file cabinet and pull out two full drawers of files, see what happens.

I was being a bit sarcastic, but kids get hurt . Five gallon buckets drowned more children http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/07/dangerous-to-young-children-five-gallon.html
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 29th, 2016 at 1:26:38 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Go back at least 50 years and find an office file cabinet and pull out two full drawers of files, see what happens.

Having identified this design defect, newer file cabinets have been engineered to prevent more than one drawer at a time from opening.

I was being a bit sarcastic, but kids get hurt . Five gallon buckets drowned more children http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/07/dangerous-to-young-children-five-gallon.html
The buckets are not designed for use by small kids, so I classify this as "put the knives in a drawer out of reach of the young uns" problem.

I've seen kids that have been badly burned when they reached up and pulled on the cord of a hot iron on the ironing board, and in another case, on the handle of a pot on the stove. Bad stuff happens.
June 29th, 2016 at 2:02:14 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Speaking of Ikea, how are their meatballs? I like me a Swedish meatball but is it worth me walking through the store to eat meatballs in a cafeteria? I have also heard that they sell them frozen.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 29th, 2016 at 2:59:36 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
Speaking of Ikea, how are their meatballs? I like me a Swedish meatball but is it worth me walking through the store to eat meatballs in a cafeteria? I have also heard that they sell them frozen.

Some of my friends see the meatballs as the highlight of a trip to Ikea. I don't get it myself...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 29th, 2016 at 5:28:00 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: TheCesspit
Some of my friends see the meatballs as the highlight of a trip to Ikea. I don't get it myself...
+1
I am not sure what makes a meatball Swedish. Does it have reindeer in it?
June 29th, 2016 at 5:45:07 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Ayecarumba
+1
I am not sure what makes a meatball Swedish. Does it have reindeer in it?

It's the incantations spoken during prep. I don't know them exactly, only that it's something like "herdy-gerdy, bork, bork, bork."
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 29th, 2016 at 9:09:45 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
IKEA furniture is not hard to put together. Sure sometimes the instructions aren't as good as they could be but really, most people with a functioning brain should be able to assemble it fairly easily.

Side anecdote: I'm not sure if the stores in your country are the same but here in Australia they are basically a huge warehouse where you follow a path through a maze of all the different items. I was at one of the service desks within the maze once and spotted an employee notice telling them how to answer common customer questions. First question on the list: "How do I get out of here". I found that amusing.
June 29th, 2016 at 9:38:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face

I read this I believe incorrectly the first time, I agree fwiw.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 29th, 2016 at 9:58:48 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I wonder if Ikea could bill those websites that sponsor unusual ways to use IKEA products.

However, for all things IKEA I refer you to the woman I've mentioned a few times before on this forum: The Blonde Coyote.

https://theblondecoyote.com/2012/06/16/conquering-ikea/
Page 2 of 3<123>